THE MANDALORIAN live action series

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
This looks interesting.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I do see the pattern,, man, what if there is a Season 5? :) :)

1678157277274.png

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Saved up a few eps for a binge, I like it, as good as the other 2 seasons at this point

Some very interesting developments / introduction of LEGENDS characters, places, things into live action. like one particular thing that people were speculating would have been in Book of Boba Fett- an accomplishment made by him, we may see here

but then, its all really one big show, isn't?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I think it's going to be quite a while before I get to see this. @Quetesh wanted to watch the show from scratch. We've seen a couple of episodes of season 1, but it's been a while since we watched any.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I think it's going to be quite a while before I get to see this. @Quetesh wanted to watch the show from scratch. We've seen a couple of episodes of season 1, but it's been a while since we watched any.
then you should just wait

this, boba fett, Ahsoka and Skeleton Crew shows- they will all be connected, will make for one hell of a binge when you are both retired :) :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
meanwhile SERVANT on APPLE is over... in a typical Shyamalan manner 4 seasons,, good stuff. no excessive blood and gore, not really horror, suspense thriller

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well following a rather slow start Mando is actually advancing the plot now - it seems Bo Katan is now on a mission (approved by the Armorer) to rally the Mandalorian clans for a return to and repossession of Mandalor. I have a strange feeling the show will wrap with Din Djarin being The Mandalor.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Well following a rather slow start Mando is actually advancing the plot now - it seems Bo Katan is now on a mission (approved by the Armorer) to rally the Mandalorian clans for a return to and repossession of Mandalor. I have a strange feeling the show will wrap with Din Djarin being The Mandalor.
i watched,so far, up to The Mines of Mandalore. Letting episodes stack up so I can binge more at one time.

Thing I have not got (well I mean I get it from the story telling, writers view) is that the possesor of the Dark Saber is the Ruler of Mandalore

Din knows this, Bo told him. The Armorer knows this also. As such a hardcore follower of Mandolorian rules, the Armorer should have been genuflecting to Din from the moment she saw him in possession of it.. helmet removed or not as she also knows, they are just one sect among many in the culture. The Armorer knows that having a Ruler with the Dark SAber is her key to uniting the clans

then we saw a Mandalor in the waters, alive, apparently. Is Bo or anyone going to capture and ride it, as the prophecy that The Armorer related as an old story in Boba Fett?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Bo saw a living Mythosaur. This is making her reexamine her prior dismissal of the Mandalorian creeds as she is thinking now there may be something to them.

The Armorer weirdly has always been helping Din even when she told him he was outcast for removing his helmet. It pushed Din to find a way to redeem himself, and as he is now cleansed and part of the Watch again an obstacle to him being able to appeal to all the clans is removed.

The BIG issue this season is the lack of the REAL episodes 1 and 2. Those were pulled out and put into Book of Boba Fett and as a result this season felt a bit incoherent at the start.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Bo saw a living Mythosaur. This is making her reexamine her prior dismissal of the Mandalorian creeds as she is thinking now there may be something to them.

The Armorer weirdly has always been helping Din even when she told him he was outcast for removing his helmet. It pushed Din to find a way to redeem himself, and as he is now cleansed and part of the Watch again an obstacle to him being able to appeal to all the clans is removed.

The BIG issue this season is the lack of the REAL episodes 1 and 2. Those were pulled out and put into Book of Boba Fett and as a result this season felt a bit incoherent at the start.
yes Mythosaur :) :)
typing faster than thinking

still big issue with the don't remove the helmet thing, being a made up cultish add for this show. It has never existed before in any other Mandalorian involvment, even with Death Watch and the Vizla Clan, in either Clone Wars or Rebels

it smacks as a way for people to hide who do not want to be recognized or found, maybe those prev disgraced They perpetuate and grew a small cult to validate their choices and to be more hidden. People like Rook Kast. A devotee of Maul when he ruled as Mandalore. Many believe she is the Armorer . She has reasons to hide.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
ep 7, good episode, more entertaining than the last one which was kind of like slapstick comedy, until the final scene

this ep brought in some good connections to REBELS and the Mandalorian themes from it, like the Super Commandos

the 'talk' on the SW guesses and theories channels is that there is a traitor among the Mandalorians

funny how some ppl are just NOW saying that the Armorer is 'sus'. I have an issue with her being potentially untrustable as soon as I saw the horns on her helmet (Rook Kast?) and then how she seemed to come through the Storm Trooper attack on the Covert on Navarro seemingly unaffected.

but maybe there are no traitors

Nice council meeting at the beginning too, tied in the AFTERMATH books a bit- which are already canon, just missing Admiral Rae Sloan from the cast of characters

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I watched and Loved S1 and the first half of S2, but then towards the end it was getting weaker. I have not seen any of S3.
has its hits and misses

without giving anything away, the eps with Din Djarin in them in the Book of Boba Fett, I think, kind of boxed TPTBs into a corner they didn't want to be in

the 2 last eps were defi very good IMO

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Those 2 EPS in Boba Fett were originally in Mando S3 and the absence there did indeed affect the storyline. It was a weird season, very uneven and with Mando and Grogu feeling kind of sidelined. Bo Katan and The Armorer were highlights tho.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Those 2 EPS in Boba Fett were originally in Mando S3 and the absence there did indeed affect the storyline. It was a weird season, very uneven and with Mando and Grogu feeling kind of sidelined. Bo Katan and The Armorer were highlights tho.
and the whole bit with Luke at the end of S2... ok, i can tolerate his rescue of the group and taking Grogu to train

but that all seemed all the more like fan service for no purpose other than.. as soon as Grogu just left him, what, weeks later?

and to keep Grogu as his sidekick.. Grogu should have been older- bigger, more able to do things physically instead of having someone carry him everywhere

and, now, its also been teased out that Grogu and Anakin were born the same year. We knew Grogu was about 50, but that detail hasn't been played up until not that long ago

why have another age coincidence that may never come to anything story wise- Ezra and Luke are also the exact age as well. like 1 day apart

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Wait, it seems I still have the entire third season of this to watch. How did this happen?!? I know! It was because of the mrs!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Season three is weird. It starts off nicely but goes off the rails later. Feels almost like they changed writers midseason.