Sherry Jackson....a personal friend! An original Star Trek babe who is still going strong.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Not likely dude, I don't have them on DVD to watch to do it for starters.

A fan of your caliber doesn't need them on DVD in order to remember all the pertinent details and subtle nuances of that dramatic work of art. Admit it, you've even got lines memorized from it. :D

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
A fan of your caliber doesn't need them on DVD in order to remember all the pertinent details and subtle nuances of that dramatic work of art. Admit it, you've even got lines memorized from it. :D

Send me a batsignal dude :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The best Stargate Wiki on the web is the one here: http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/Main_Page, and IMO there is no need for another one. I am not really willing to put the work into something like that because it is a duplication.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The best Stargate Wiki on the web is the one here: http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/Main_Page, and IMO there is no need for another one. I am not really willing to put the work into something like that because it is a duplication.

Very true. No need to waste time and effort when it would simply be pointlessly redundant. I mean, if someone doesn't know how to Google a subject and find the wiki on it then I doubt we would be much help here.

As for Sherry, I assume that there will be an article of sorts accompanying the video interview and that would contain a brief bio and link to her website. And not to state the obvious but there should be some classic pics of Sherry from various shows in addition to the current pics Illiterati will provide (assuming there isn't a copyright issue with pics of her on TV shows). Hope that didn't insult anyone's intelligence but I just wanted to toss it out there.

I'm excited about this interview. Sherry has an impressive resume and it's gonna be fun hearing all about it. Plus it gives us a good excuse to go back and watch some really great classic TV episodes. I'm looking forward to re-watching her Star Trek episode and also The Twilight Zone.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Very true. No need to waste time and effort when it would simply be pointlessly redundant. I mean, if someone doesn't know how to Google a subject and find the wiki on it then I doubt we would be much help here.

As for Sherry, I assume that there will be an article of sorts accompanying the video interview and that would contain a brief bio and link to her website. And not to state the obvious but there should be some classic pics of Sherry from various shows in addition to the current pics Illiterati will provide (assuming there isn't a copyright issue with pics of her on TV shows). Hope that didn't insult anyone's intelligence but I just wanted to toss it out there.

I'm excited about this interview. Sherry has an impressive resume and it's gonna be fun hearing all about it. Plus it gives us a good excuse to go back and watch some really great classic TV episodes. I'm looking forward to re-watching her Star Trek episode and also The Twilight Zone.

She likes you, Ape! She has been reading this thread (I called to tell her about it). You make HER laugh too! :biggrin: Make certain you ask a great question. I will create a thread (or a list) we can add to. I was thinking about 30 min for the interview...think that is okay, or longer?

About her website, I will be doing a brand new one for her and she does not like the one that is up there now, which is (thankfully) not my work. The domain will be the same but I am going to build a new website there for her. :) I mean, MUSIC PLAYS when you visit the page! And its "Sherry" by the 4 seasons and Frankie Valli...:facepalm: She cant wait until I do a new one for her. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
She likes you, Ape! She has been reading this thread (I called to tell her about it). You make HER laugh too! :biggrin: Make certain you ask a great question. I will create a thread (or a list) we can add to. I was thinking about 30 min for the interview...think that is okay, or longer?

About her website, I will be doing a brand new one for her and she does not like the one that is up there now, which is (thankfully) not my work. The domain will be the same but I am going to build a new website there for her. :) I mean, MUSIC PLAYS when you visit the page! And its "Sherry" by the 4 seasons and Frankie Valli...:facepalm: She cant wait until I do a new one for her. :)

does she have permission to use the music or is the music public domain?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
does she have permission to use the music or is the music public domain?

Some fan made the site for her years ago and she has no clue. I doubt that he payed for the rights to use it. Im not sure if it is public domain yet. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
T'would be wise to check.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
T'would be wise to check.

Its going to be completely hosed when I take it over. I do not do auto-load of music or video EVER. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
She likes you, Ape! She has been reading this thread (I called to tell her about it). You make HER laugh too! :biggrin: Make certain you ask a great question. I will create a thread (or a list) we can add to. I wan thinking about 30 min for the interview...think that is okay, or longer?

Sherry's an Ape fan? Cool! :joy:

Yeah I've got several questions already but I don't want to post them until I've re-watched some of her stuff because I just know once I do I'll have even more questions. I'll post several questions (because really, who can ask just one?) and then you can pick which ever one you want to ask under my name. I'm sure you'll choose wisely so no worries there.

As for the time limit for the interview 30 minutes is good but you never know, it could go by really quickly and you might still have questions to ask. So, if the interview is going good and Sherry is up for it I'd say to keep the cameras rolling. You can always split the interview up into further installments, like say three 20 minute segments that you post once a month. Just an idea. I'd definitely play it by ear.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I'm looking forward to meeting her (and her agent) when we get together.

Please be sure to ask her where she'd be most comfortable being interviewed. I'd like her to be as relaxed as possible. :) Whenever possible, I like to bow to my clients' wishes that way. Plus, less chance of distraction as well, ya know?