Sherry Jackson....a personal friend! An original Star Trek babe who is still going strong.

S

Stonelesscutter

Wow, she's done a lot of work! I've probably seen her in everything she's ever been in: Lost in Space, Star Trek, Batman, The Incredible Hulk, etc. What a great period to be an actor. I bet she has some amazing stories to tell.

Yet I bet her amazing stories would pale in comparison with your story. :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yet I bet her amazing stories would pale in comparison with your story. :P

Hardly. I've never been a "Kirk babe". ;) It probably had something to do with me not looking that hot in a mini-skirt and thigh high boots. :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This is exactly the type of thing GateFans should be doing. Once the ball gets rolling with interviews it will totally propel us to being the premiere scifi/fan site.

I assume OM1 that you're going to solicit questions for the interviews from the members here? I think that's a great way to get us all engaged and involved. It's also the perfect way to get new members. Nothing better than being able to participate.

YES. You will hear me read those questions to her in the form of "GateFans member (so and so) asks: ______" :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Cool!

YES. You will hear me read those questions to her in the form of "GateFans member (so and so) asks: ______" :)

When do you think this will happen approximately?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
When do you think this will happen approximately?

She leaves for signings in Burbank today, then when she and her agent get back, they fly to North Carolina for a week. When she gets back we will do it. I showed her this website and she LOVES it...she was impressed that the 45th Anniversary Star Trek as well as Chris Judge are on the front page of the site, and she LOVES the discussions that happen here. Its the reason she wants me to to her website. She is as excited about doing the interview for us as I am! So, to answer your question, in about 10 days. I told her I wanted to do video AND pictures, and that I wanted her to actually shout out to GateFans and do this as an exclusive GateFans interview and her answer was "OF COURSE!". You will hear your member names as the questions are asked. :)

Her Hollywood Star is at Hollywood and Vine. :)

http://projects.latimes.com/hollywood/star-walk/sherry-jackson/

S

Stonelesscutter

She leaves for signings in Burbank today, then when she and her agent get back, they fly to North Carolina for a week. When she gets back we will do it. I showed her this website and she LOVES it...she was impressed that the 45th Anniversary Star Trek as well as Chris Judge are on the front page of the site, and she LOVES the discussions that happen here. Its the reason she wants me to to her website. She is as excited about doing the interview for us as I am! So, to answer your question, in about 10 days. I told her I wanted to do video AND pictures, and that I wanted her to actually shout out to GateFans and do this as an exclusive GateFans interview and her answer was "OF COURSE!". You will hear your member names as the questions are asked. :)

Her Hollywood Star is at Hollywood and Vine. :)

http://projects.latimes.com/hollywood/star-walk/sherry-jackson/

It'll be fun to hear you pronounce those user names in the interview. And even more fun to hear her reply.
"Well... Drunkenmonkeywithastickupthebutt... It's like this..."
Now I gotta go change my username. :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It'll be fun to hear you pronounce those user names in the interview. And even more fun to hear her reply.

LMAO!!!! :rotflmao::laughing:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Stonelesscutter: "I am a crazed, obsessed fan from way back and was wondering if I could have the outfit you wore on Star Trek? I'm sure it's not my size but I'll have my mother let out the seams. I've always wanted to be a "Kirk babe" so could you please help me out with my lifelong dream -- Oh! And could you include an autographed picture replete with lipstick kiss?"

Sherry Jackson: "Dear Mr. Cutter, I've secured International legal representation as a protective measure in dealing with you. Expect a fully armed team of INTERPOL representatives to appear at the door of your windmill soon. Good thing you're in the Netherlands as you won't have to be extradited to your trial at The Hague (for obvious crimes against humanity and good taste). -- I'll include the autographed picture, replete with lipstick kiss, in the paperwork my attorneys send to your court appointed public defender. Thanks for being a fan. :)"

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Stonelesscutter: "I am a crazed, obsessed fan from way back and was wondering if I could have the outfit you wore on Star Trek? I'm sure it's not my size but I'll have my mother let out the seams. I've always wanted to be a "Kirk babe" so could you please help me out with my lifelong dream -- Oh! And could you include an autographed picture replete with lipstick kiss?"

Sherry Jackson: "Dear Mr. Cutter, I've secured International legal representation as a protective measure in dealing with you. Expect a fully armed team of INTERPOL representatives to appear at the door of your windmill soon. Good thing you're in the Netherlands as you won't have to be extradited to your trial at The Hague (for obvious crimes against humanity and good taste). -- I'll include the autographed picture, replete with lipstick kiss, in the paperwork my attorneys send to your court appointed public defender. Thanks for being a fan. :)"

AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

You Americans make lawsuits out of everything.

Please do! I will arrange for us three/four to have lunch somewhere cool

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Say what!?!?! That's not exactly PG is it. ;)
Her Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, my dear.

On a related note, it's funny to see someone with multiple stars. If you look closely enough, you'll see that they are for different accomplishments, i.e.. Movies, Television, Radio, Recording... Each are celebrated separately.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
The way I met her was so out of the blue. Its like a Stargate opened and all of a sudden there is a portal into the heart of the scifi "well" of actors. They all get word of stuff from the same basic sources. Those sources wont be discussed, but the access to our favorite actors in our favorite scifi shows is now cracked open. :) Im very excited about it because here we have this science fiction website and out of the blue, this happens....the Universe at work bringing me what I have asked for. :icon_e_wink: We can have some real fun here! Imagine her in the chat!

This is too cool! I'm really looking forward to the interview with Sherry and can't wait to see who else we might see here. :)

B

Backstep

Congratulations OM1. Many thanks to Sherry for doing the Exclusive for Gatefans and its members. :joy:

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Someone with a Twitter account should "tweet" this thread a few times. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Someone with a Twitter account should "tweet" this thread a few times. ;)

She would LOVE that. She loves the fans. She is easy to talk to, and loves her work. She feels that the exposure might enhance her presence at the cons, and I agree with her. It will also open more doors for GateFans :)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
About to go off and tweet a bit...this might come out.

Sometimes, I just don't know what my fingers are doing...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think she will be excited to see this thread...I havet told her about it. I dont think she will join the forums, but she just might...:)