Sherry Jackson....a personal friend! An original Star Trek babe who is still going strong.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well, I have had the good fortune to meet and make friends with an actress who I knew from Star Trek, and never imagined that I would ever meet anytime in my life: Sherry Jackson. Those who have seen Star Trek TOS will recognize her instantly from the TOS episode "What Little Girls Are Made Of":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5nkdpKf-fY

star-trek-babes-sherry-jackson-as-android-andrea-in-what-are-little-girls-made-of.jpg

Sherry has done lots of work from that era, from Batman to Wild Wild West and many others. She is a sweetheart!. I have arranged to do an interview with her which will be posted on the front page of the site, and through her, I have gotten access to LOTS of opportunities to interview other actors, and included in that would be...Christopher Judge! I am going to meet him in person. Jewel Staite is on the menu as well. :smiley_squee: Also, Garrett Wang (Ensign Kim of Voyager). We should have some exclusives with Sherry within a couple of weeks.

tve8593-19661020-320.gif

This is what Sherry looks like today...still beautiful, and a sweetheart of a person :)

23_21A.jpg

Sherry can be found at most all of the conventions doing signings (yes, I have a signed pic! :joy:). I am going to be doing her new website, but her current one is here: http://sherryjackson.net/ (OMG, music plays on it so please turn volume down if you click the link). The new website I design for her will not be anything like the one she has now! :)

Had to share this. :joy:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Now that is way cool! Congratulations!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Now that is way cool! Congratulations!

This means that what we get from her (and the others) will truly be EXCLUSIVES to this site and no other. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Nice. This sort of thing is what helps sites takeoff. :joy:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Nice. This sort of thing is what helps sites takeoff. :joy:

The way I met her was so out of the blue. Its like a Stargate opened and all of a sudden there is a portal into the heart of the scifi "well" of actors. They all get word of stuff from the same basic sources. Those sources wont be discussed, but the access to our favorite actors in our favorite scifi shows is now cracked open. :) Im very excited about it because here we have this science fiction website and out of the blue, this happens....the Universe at work bringing me what I have asked for. :icon_e_wink: We can have some real fun here! Imagine her in the chat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLwRgnpzOLQ

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
What chat?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Oh, you're so bad, OM1. We'll have to chat about this ourselves when I'm actually awake. Heading to bed now, but, of course, I want to hear all about it.

/hugs

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh, you're so bad, OM1. We'll have to chat about this ourselves when I'm actually awake. Heading to bed now, but, of course, I want to hear all about it.

/hugs

Nope, Im not being bad like THAT with her at all. She is a friend, and I am a fan...thats all! It will be fun doing her website and working regularly with her. :) You already know the scoop!

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Nope, Im not being bad like THAT with her at all. She is a friend, and I am a fan...thats all! It will be fun doing her website and working regularly with her. :) You already know the scoop!
Ya, well, I'm currently hanging out in the old Same Place...from the other night. Looks like Joelist already said nighty night there. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh...THAT place! Im going there now. :)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Sorry...I got deeply involved in developing some of the MANY photos I took at Anime Expo this year...

Nothing quite like taking photos of the local Cosplayers, and they do seem to love the attention. LOL

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Sorry...I got deeply involved in developing some of the MANY photos I took at Anime Expo this year...

Nothing quite like taking photos of the local Cosplayers, and they do seem to love the attention. LOL

Perhaps I can get you to take pictures of Sherry for the website? We could do lunch somewhere again but with her along...:) Her agent would be there too.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I would love to do that!

Just let me know when and where.

I've got the AX pics up at http://illiterati.smugmug.com/Events/Anime-Expo-2011/17868403_wM3DC7#P-1-10, if you're at all interested.

Got up to use the bathroom :) (its almost 5am!) I will check those out...this interview will also be done as a VIDEO so that I can get her answering questions directly from our members here. She will shout out to GateFans.net in the video so no other site can claim it was done for them. :thoranime12:You know, with certain other jealous butthurt websites just about anything could happen :icon_e_wink: You could take the video, I could ask the questions, and then we publish the whole thing here. Once that one is done, we can perhaps persuade the following interviews to do the same. I will be going to more cons then in past years.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
You may recall that I recently got video of a man essentially jumping off a perfectly good building. And my new camera is even better!I can't wait.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Very cool!

This is exactly the type of thing GateFans should be doing. Once the ball gets rolling with interviews it will totally propel us to being the premiere scifi/fan site.

I assume OM1 that you're going to solicit questions for the interviews from the members here? I think that's a great way to get us all engaged and involved. It's also the perfect way to get new members. Nothing better than being able to participate.

S

Stonelesscutter

I'll be watching with interest to see how all this pans out. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Love the tribute video!

The way I met her was so out of the blue. Its like a Stargate opened and all of a sudden there is a portal into the heart of the scifi "well" of actors. They all get word of stuff from the same basic sources. Those sources wont be discussed, but the access to our favorite actors in our favorite scifi shows is now cracked open. :) Im very excited about it because here we have this science fiction website and out of the blue, this happens....the Universe at work bringing me what I have asked for. :icon_e_wink: We can have some real fun here! Imagine her in the chat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLwRgnpzOLQ

Wow, she's done a lot of work! I've probably seen her in everything she's ever been in: Lost in Space, Star Trek, Batman, The Incredible Hulk, etc. What a great period to be an actor. I bet she has some amazing stories to tell.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I'll be watching with interest to see how all this pans out. :)

You'll be watching because Sherry was scantily clad in just about every show she was in. ;)