Gauntlet Review

Lilith

GateFans Noob
You would have saved Eli?

Yes, he was a perfect representation of today's youth. Being a mother, you know that you have to show that child the world and explain the unknown and force them to think of the possiblities that they can contribute both on the large and small scale. He always showed compassion and had a firm sense of what was right and wrong. He had to find the courage to be a man among many that had stronger personalities than his. In the end he was the selfless one who faced the task of either succeding or failing alone. He was also the most powerful in the end. He was in control of the ship and all their fates. He entered the unknown with a game plan but when did anything ever go according to plan. Anything that occurred from that moment forward changed all their Destinies no matter how much he wanted to succeed he was one man alone in the universe attempting to do the impossible with only his intellect and the ships capabilities to make it possible.

Lilith

GateFans Noob
I just had a radical thougth. SGU's season 2 according to most was better than season 1. I only have the reviews to go by since I stopped watching after the 2nd or 3rd episode. When I read a book, I usually read about a fourth of it then I flip to the last three pages and read the end. I hate surprises. So, having said that I may watch SGU starting with the last episode. It isn't serialized is it so it would work. I didn't want to go on this journey of Stargate but I may enjoy it if I watched it in reverse. B5 did a great job on folding the story over several seasons and I think it would work with SGU. I think I could appreciate it. Like with TJ's baby daddy. I would think it is Varro but then find out almost at the end that it's Young's. I would think Chloe is brilliant only to find out she was only there do to neoptism and that she was a college flake. I would probably still see Brian as shallow but I guess someone had to be. I think Greer would stay true to form but still make me laugh. I would realize that Eli was more central to the story than I ever thought and develop a better appreciation for what other's had to contribute along the way. The stones would still suck but I wouldn't be asking where are they going with this. I would ask what were they that could lead them to this.

GW is running their marathon and I say good luck with that because I think it will divide the fans more since the majority of SGU fans wouldn't have found SG1 and SGA to be interesting and will definitly rip it the pieces. Let's do something different for art. It would work for me since I haven't seen very much of it.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
They never really played up the aspect of how he was 'smarter' but not more 'experienced' than Rush. That would have been cooler to see rather than have Eli just become better.

It would have been pretty awesome to see Eli study and eventually surpass Rush in the final years of the show. Rush relies on the fact that the crew need him so that would have made his position a lot more interesting.