Gauntlet Review

G

Graybrew1

Very much so. We are on the same wavelength on this, and yes mod clarification would be good.

good, so at some point, one of them will read this. and get back to us.

Gee, I almost fee like a arbitrator. LOL

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
good, so at some point, one of them will read this. and get back to us.

Gee, I almost fee like a arbitrator. LOL

Based on board comments I think you could make a good arbitrator. It takes both diplomacy and firmness.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I'm still not seeing any comments even slightly smelling of flame hell in this thread.

There aren't any (yet)
The joy of a self regulating system is that we are all free to say whatever we wish and have the right to do so, yet as a group we define just exactly *what* is too far. It's a good system, far better than privately "reporting" issues to the mods.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Very much so. We are on the same wavelength on this, and yes mod clarification would be good.

All of the Gatefans Team have the ability to split threads and move material to Flame Hell, not just me. Having said that, we should make it clear that in the public forums we are NOT uncensored (and we never have been). The things that will be censored are clearly explained in the CCPG here: http://www.gatefans.net/forums/show...Posting-Guidelines-PLEASE-READ-BEFORE-POSTING!http://www.gatefans.net/forums/forumdisplay.php/90-Code-Of-Conduct-Posting-Guidelines :) But our censorship of content will most likely cause the material to be moved to Flame Hell as opposed to being edited or deleted. Much of the CCPG is suspended in FH, but not all of it. PM any of the Team for clarification.

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
Young stones to earth and Telford and Young kiss and make up. Telford states “We are not giving up on you. “
What? That didn't happen at all.

Anyway I did enjoy this episode overall, however I don't think the drone part was too well as some say. The suicide bombing by the drones was too obvious and I saw that coming and few other things as well, but then again, those are minor flaws compared to what we saw in this.
This and Epilogue were really good episodes for SGU imo. Glad it's over though. Now give me the Atlantis movie! :tealcanime23:

S

Stonelesscutter

Anyway I did enjoy this episode overall, however I don't think the drone part was too well as some say. The suicide bombing by the drones was too obvious and I saw that coming and few other things as well, but then again, those are minor flaws compared to what we saw in this.
This and Epilogue were really good episodes for SGU imo. Glad it's over though. Now give me the Atlantis movie! :tealcanime23:

Well they didn't literally kiss but they did sort of make friends and said goodbye.

G

Graybrew1

It was metaphoric. My writing style is a bit " off the cuff". :rolleyes: That's just me. :biggrin:

As in The US and Russia kissed and made up and are no longer in a cold war type of meaning.

G

Graybrew1

It would have been an interesting scene indeed, if they had literally kissed and made up and then Young basically handed his wife over to Telford. LOL

Oh, I need to be careful again, or this thread will get sent to FH for sure. :icon_e_wink:

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
It was metaphoric. My writing style is a bit " off the cuff". :rolleyes: That's just me. :biggrin:

As in The US and Russia kissed and made up and are no longer in a cold war type of meaning.
Ah makes sense now.
It would have been an interesting scene indeed, if they had literally kissed and made up and then Young basically handed his wife over to Telford. LOL

Oh, I need to be careful again, or this thread will get sent to FH for sure. :icon_e_wink:

:rotflmao:

S

Stonelesscutter

What?! The US and Russia kissed???
Yuck!!! :D

S

Stonelesscutter

I was just thinking about how Young could stone-into his wife and then make out with Telford.
Well I was thinking about different words but then it would definitely have gone to flame hell.
I'm not crossing the line with this post am I?

G

Graybrew1

I was just thinking about how Young could stone-into his wife and then make out with Telford.
Well I was thinking about different words but then it would definitely have gone to flame hell.
I'm not crossing the line with this post am I?

:laughing:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
You know like "off to the races" --"I am off" kind of thing

Tropicana

Council Member
Graybrew, that was an excellent review, I really enjoyed reading it. And thanks for bringing it out so quickly! :beckettu:

There are a few notes I will come back to, but I wanted to say this to the people who are complaining about the sappy melodrama that covered about the second half of the episode:

It was a show's final episode, for crying out loud! That's what fans who care about the characters want to see. Or have you never watched the last episode of ST:DS9 with the bar scene?
It's perfect. The Destiny crew placed into stasis pods with Eli left to guard the place; then ... something happens, he's incapacitated - slipping after a shower or whatever and suffers a major concussion, and lies there bleeding profusely suffering multiple strokes; any pre-programmed commands for waking the crew up in 3 years time goes wrong and they are left in stasis pods forever, ageing ever slowly.

Then several millions of years later, an alien race finds them - some have died, some are alive but really old and they are woken up and then they realised they've overslept, but they are so old and frail that they don't have long to live; then after telling their "heroic" stories and adventures, they all pass away due to old age. What an ending! :)

See, a homage to SGA and Alt-Weir that was placed into stasis in SGA episode, "Before I Sleep", then another homage to Ancients ageing ever so slowly in SGA episode, "Aurora", and will figure something out that will pay homage to SG-1. lol

Lilith

GateFans Noob
Now that it is over, I just realized that I got what I asked for in the beginning. The crew got spaced and the only person that I would have saved would have been Eli. I've come full circle now I can rest.

S

Stonelesscutter

Now that it is over, I just realized that I got what I asked for in the beginning. The crew got spaced and the only person that I would have saved would have been Eli. I've come full circle now I can rest.

You would have saved Eli?