X-Files Reboot Trailer

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
*sigh*

How many of you didn't get what happened? He DID take the 'shrooms. Agent Redhead only pretended she gave him placebos for Skinner's benefit and to keep her ass out of the fire.

where are you getting that from?

time hack?

i still have it DVR'd-I'll re-watch if you can provide the info...

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
*sigh*

How many of you didn't get what happened? He DID take the 'shrooms. Agent Redhead only pretended she gave him placebos for Skinner's benefit and to keep her ass out of the fire.

either way-HE THINKS he didn't take them after she said it was magnesium or wtf-ever. He is entirely and highly sensitive to suggestion because he has "Wanted to believe" for so long. he will be so twisted uo in whats true or not that he will be open to believing anything at the mere suggestion

ESPECIALLY after seeing first hand, a 'real-life' terrestrial anomaly--lizard man

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
either way-HE THINKS he didn't take them after she said it was magnesium or wtf-ever.

Until she is wheeling him out of the hospital, dude. Listen to the convo. You can't really be THAT slow, man. :icon_lol:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
are you SURE you watched all of the original seasons? there were many eps like this-though not as "extreme", in the original seasons

most ppl seem to remember only the smoking man-govt conspiracy-alien/hybrid arc and forget there were many,many "monster of the week" or some other para normal issue that usually ended up as some regular crime albeit with strange facets
Yes I have. One of the great x-files was when they had the direction like "COPS" and that was fun to watch, but this latest one was horrible!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yes I have. One of the great x-files was when they had the direction like "COPS" and that was fun to watch, but this latest one was horrible!

What made it horrible?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
but this latest one was horrible!

thats the thing, IMO, I think that they are trying to make these eps a bit 'kitch'.

like making them (these 6 eps) to an expected though mis-perceived trope of itself

they are not making the xfiles of yesterday,but episodes that fit the memories of ppl when they hear 'xfiles'

most ppl--I am NOT one of them--remember x-files as a semi cultish, "aliens from Roswell" trope, whose success many ppl still can not understand

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Until she is wheeling him out of the hospital, dude. Listen to the convo. You can't really be THAT slow, man. :icon_lol:

ok just re-watched that part

ALL she said was that he did dance and that he "scared a bunch of mid aged texans" with his dancing.

all of which he (especially "he" mulder) could have still done just thinking he had taken shrooms

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
The X-File series is almost over so I will throw this in ...

( Referring to “Going Home”, Episode 4: as written and directed by Glen Morgan.)

Someone said many years ago that you can't go home. Steve Douglas on the other hand told one of his Three Sons something totally different. Paraphrased of course, “You can always go home, but don't expect it to be the same when you get there”.

After almost twenty years the X-Files have indeed returned home. Just like a relative that is passing through town who we haven't seen in 23 years; we are trying to make sense of him, but realize that he has changed, or in true fact it just might be us who have changed.

You know there is something different going on and as an observer of the facts we just might realize that some things stay the same, while the changes in others are more subtler in nature. Here, I am not saying that the previous episodes were good or bad – just slightly different.

Obviously, to make this “home” more comfortable, there is work to be done and replacements for that missing or “junked” furniture must be made. Not every idea from years past will be successful. As the background workers start to become familiar with another the product will surely improve. In their quest to return to a familiar “home”, they are not there yet, but as of episode 5 they are fast approaching the outer limits to where they want to be.

In the approach to their new place of being we should remember that some of their travelling companions, particularly with the death of Kim Manners and probably a dozen or so background workers. Home itself cannot feel anything but different.

With the wildly successful Vince Gilligan not doing his usual stint and Frank Spotnitz doing his other thing a door or two down the road from where Vince Carter lived. A little bit of chagrin must of been shared between those who were attempting to make a successful go of this mini-series when they realized that these two were missed more than they thought.

In some shows I noticed that the actors seemed exhausted, while in other shots, there was energy galore. Looking back I wonder if it was the direction they were pointed in that was causing them to show some disconcetation or eye rolling.

At this time and place things have vastly improved from where they started at. In the beginning, the “Mulder” character was spitting out words faster than the marines were shooting bullets at the Japs on Iwo Jima. Now that he has become more comfortable his words have slowed and are now more forceful. Scully is still trying to find her voice, but that might come. Adjustments are needed everywhere.

They are fast becoming that couple who became endeared to us so many years ago. Let's hope that Episode 6 is a ground breaker and we get more shows to watch that some fringe TV viewers have clamoured for these last few years.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The X-File series is almost over so I will throw this in ...

( Referring to “Going Home”, Episode 4: as written and directed by Glen Morgan.)

Someone said many years ago that you can't go home. Steve Douglas on the other hand told one of his Three Sons something totally different. Paraphrased of course, “You can always go home, but don't expect it to be the same when you get there”.

After almost twenty years the X-Files have indeed returned home. Just like a relative that is passing through town who we haven't seen in 23 years; we are trying to make sense of him, but realize that he has changed, or in true fact it just might be us who have changed.

You know there is something different going on and as an observer of the facts we just might realize that some things stay the same, while the changes in others are more subtler in nature. Here, I am not saying that the previous episodes were good or bad – just slightly different.

Obviously, to make this “home” more comfortable, there is work to be done and replacements for that missing or “junked” furniture must be made. Not every idea from years past will be successful. As the background workers start to become familiar with another the product will surely improve. In their quest to return to a familiar “home”, they are not there yet, but as of episode 5 they are fast approaching the outer limits to where they want to be.

In the approach to their new place of being we should remember that some of their travelling companions, particularly with the death of Kim Manners and probably a dozen or so background workers. Home itself cannot feel anything but different.

With the wildly successful Vince Gilligan not doing his usual stint and Frank Spotnitz doing his other thing a door or two down the road from where Vince Carter lived. A little bit of chagrin must of been shared between those who were attempting to make a successful go of this mini-series when they realized that these two were missed more than they thought.

In some shows I noticed that the actors seemed exhausted, while in other shots, there was energy galore. Looking back I wonder if it was the direction they were pointed in that was causing them to show some disconcetation or eye rolling.

At this time and place things have vastly improved from where they started at. In the beginning, the “Mulder” character was spitting out words faster than the marines were shooting bullets at the Japs on Iwo Jima. Now that he has become more comfortable his words have slowed and are now more forceful. Scully is still trying to find her voice, but that might come. Adjustments are needed everywhere.

They are fast becoming that couple who became endeared to us so many years ago. Let's hope that Episode 6 is a ground breaker and we get more shows to watch that some fringe TV viewers have clamoured for these last few years.

Geez, GB...I don't think I have read this many words from you since SYFY, CAPRICA/BSG forum days!

I guess you must really like x-files :)

------------------------------------

As far as getting the fringe shows we want, well, I'd gladly put up with a bit of 'shipping' or some other bits of modern day TV for an otherwise solid piece of entertainment.

In a way, this is how I approach viewing THE 100--know that being about young adults then shipping will be present, it makes it easier to enjoy the rest of the show.

If Xfiles is to return-with whomever in the roles-I would be satisfied with this type of formula...say 10% shipping,10% product placement and 80% story :)

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Geez, GB...I don't think I have read this many words from you since SYFY, CAPRICA/BSG forum days!

I guess you must really like x-files :)

------------------------------------

As far as getting the fringe shows we want, well, I'd gladly put up with a bit of 'shipping' or some other bits of modern day TV for an otherwise solid piece of entertainment.

In a way, this is how I approach viewing THE 100--know that being about young adults then shipping will be present, it makes it easier to enjoy the rest of the show.

If Xfiles is to return-with whomever in the roles-I would be satisfied with this type of formula...say 10% shipping,10% product placement and 80% story :)

Hey, why type something using only three sentences when you can do it in twenty paragraphs!

The first 4 episodes of "100" are taking the show down a different road that some may not appreciate. The "Jaha" character is turning out to be a real treat to deal with.

:cylon-pancarte04: :docianime16:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Hey, why type something using only three sentences when you can do it in twenty paragraphs!

The first 4 episodes of "100" are taking the show down a different road that some may not appreciate. The "Jaha" character is turning out to be a real treat to deal with.

:cylon-pancarte04: :docianime16:

like i said over in the 100 thread, the whole ALIE and Jaha thing is a bit too much like the Sister Clarice Willow ploy to use v world,etc,etc

but in today's world of short memories, I suppose what happened in CAPRICA has long been forgotten by those who even saw it.

Other then the obvious issues with using the pacific NW as a setting for the eastern united states (why do they do that? just set it in the NW!), and the already commented on teen/young adult "stuff", the 100 doesn't disappoint-yet. I fair vision of how our future could go, with just enough soap/"cornballs" to be able to air on a network

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Well....ep 6-the "this is the end" ep was quite the cliffhanger

see if any minds are changed; clearly set up for a follow up season. or is could just end as it did-though i don't thing most of today's gen has the stomach for cliffhanging series finales anymore

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Well....ep 6-the "this is the end" ep was quite the cliffhanger

see if any minds are changed; clearly set up for a follow up season. or is could just end as it did-though i don't thing most of today's gen has the stomach for cliffhanging series finales anymore

It's also was a lot of shit happening all at once. What a shit editing job.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Terrible editing. And a lousy story to boot. I felt zero tension. And the impending "plague" that was supposedly killing off a huge chunk of the world's population was poorly done.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
It's also was a lot of shit happening all at once. What a shit editing job.
Terrible editing. And a lousy story to boot. I felt zero tension. And the impending "plague" that was supposedly killing off a huge chunk of the world's population was poorly done.

they defi dumped a whole lot of stuff in there at once

i remember this kind of tact with other cris carter stuff--the finale of MILLENIUM was a bit of the same

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

i remember this kind of tact with other cris carter stuff--the finale of MILLENIUM was a bit of the same

Yup, Chris Carter was not firing on all cylinders on this one. You can really tell a difference between the episodes he wrote and the ones he didn't.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yup, Chris Carter was not firing on all cylinders on this one. You can really tell a difference between the episodes he wrote and the ones he didn't.

a bit sad that the 'stand alone', 'monster of the week' eps were far better then the signature XFILES alien conspiracy eps

heisenberg

Earl Grey

The whole thing sounded like they wanted to make more episodes, but fox probably didn't allow them. That was also the worse attempt at a cliff hanger ever