X-Files Reboot Trailer

heisenberg

Earl Grey
The reboot has been better than I thought it would be but you can tell the actors are tired, though it's not a bad reboot.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The reboot has been better than I thought it would be but you can tell the actors are tired, though it's not a bad reboot.

They are definitely tired. You can almost see them rolling their eyes as they go through the motions.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

i think that the way they are doing this--knowing it is a 6 ep run and done--is the best way to do it. If a network is going to bring back an old show in a continuance of the old one,instead of a reboot, then do it this way.

then there are no high hopes by the viewers of more seasons, no actors feeling buyer's remorse for going back to an old character,etc

heisenberg

Earl Grey
They are definitely tired. You can almost see them rolling their eyes as they go through the motions.
David is the one that really stands out sounding tired. Not sure if he is a heavy drinker/smoker or a drug user but he has aged badly. Could be the stress as well.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
David is the one that really stands out sounding tired. Not sure if he is a heavy drinker/smoker or a drug user but he has aged badly. Could be the stress as well.

too much sex while making CALIFORNICATION!
:hump:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
That's fine when you have a ton of episodes to play with. They had only 6.

i am pretty sure this is being done to perform closure for the actors and CARTER,etc

we only get-seemingly-an "answer" to the alien/hybrid/smoking man issues next week

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
hmm-perhaps it is coming back?

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Duchovny stated that if the season were successful, he would be interested in another renewal, stating, "I would be open to doing another cycle. I don't know that I could do a 20-episode version of this show at this point in my life, and I don't know that Gillian could. But I think everybody is open ended on what happens after this. Certainly, we didn't bring it back with the idea of ending it."[96] At the 2016 Television Critics Association panel for the series, Carter stated, "If we do well in the ratings, I can't imagine we wouldn't be asked to do more."[97] Fox Television Group chairman and CEO Gary Newman stated that he and fellow executive Dana Walden would be open to another renewal, stating, "We would love to do this again, so we'd be on board if schedules can be worked out."[98] In an interview withVariety prior to the premiere, Anderson, Duchovny, and Walden stated their willingness for another renewal.[99] In an interview with TV Guide, Carter reaffirmed plans for more episodes, but stressed that everyone involved is waiting on the success of the season.[100]

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The episode where Mulder thinks he takes mushrooms.

the "mushroom eating" actually demo'd an important point. Another item of "Closure"; Mulder is now shown as a person who is very susceptible to suggestion.

explains why we have seen him "believe" in so many things

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Unfortunately I don't share the same sort of enthusiasm about this episode. It was cringeworthy at times and had nothing to do with the x-files but just some random bullshit cop story and the typical stereotype that the media likes to portray.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Unfortunately I don't share the same sort of enthusiasm about this episode. It was cringeworthy at times and had nothing to do with the x-files but just some random bullshit cop story and the typical stereotype that the media likes to portray.

are you SURE you watched all of the original seasons? there were many eps like this-though not as "extreme", in the original seasons

most ppl seem to remember only the smoking man-govt conspiracy-alien/hybrid arc and forget there were many,many "monster of the week" or some other para normal issue that usually ended up as some regular crime albeit with strange facets

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

What was the stereotype? Are you talking the muslim thing? Did you catch the christian "Pieta" reference?

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
From what I have read Episode 5 was actually shot before Epi 4 and was moved by Chris Carter himself.

I am thinking that after seeing this one, Carter had the idea that the new pair of agents would make for a reasonable continuation of X-Files and they (Miller and Einstein) would not be the typical "Mutt and Jeff" team that we saw in the earlier series of shows.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

He *did* take the 'shrooms. The other agent pretended she didn't give him any in front of Skinner to keep her ass out of the fire.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
the "mushroom eating" actually demo'd an important point. Another item of "Closure"; Mulder is now shown as a person who is very susceptible to suggestion.

explains why we have seen him "believe" in so many things

*sigh*

How many of you didn't get what happened? He DID take the 'shrooms. Agent Redhead only pretended she gave him placebos for Skinner's benefit and to keep her ass out of the fire.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
*sigh*

How many of you didn't get what happened? He DID take the 'shrooms. Agent Redhead only pretended she gave him placebos for Skinner's benefit and to keep her ass out of the fire.

Oh look out! We got us a detail-oriented fanboi here! :icon_lol: