X-Files Reboot Trailer

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yup, Chris Carter was not firing on all cylinders on this one. You can really tell a difference between the episodes he wrote and the ones he didn't.

When he wrote "The After", I could see it then. His cylinders are not only misfiring, but I think a couple of spark plugs have blown too? :happy0007:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
When he wrote "The After", I could see it then. His cylinders are not only misfiring, but I think a couple of spark plugs have blown too? :happy0007:

Yeah, he really tried to over-sell the Alien/Govt/plague thing. It was almost cynical the way he tried to cram so much stuff in there.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
if you can remember back to the end of MILLENNIUM-in which,i believe that Carter was involved throughout (?), you can see this kind of petutlant kid streak in him.

his show is cancelled or not giving a longer season, then he filled the ep (last Mill one) with a basic 'creature feature' fest where seemingly all of the intricate story line that he had crafted involving Frank Black and the Millennium group was just dumped in favor of a totally schlocky ending.

I have not seen the ep since it originally aired, so i may be forgetting details, but I do remember that it is quite striking- the sloppy similarities between this last xfiles ep and that Mill ep.

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
Did they just set this up for a spin off with the younger versions of Scully and Mulder or a Major motion picture to kick it all off. I like Scully better in her show over here "The Fall" which was renewed so WTF?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Did they just set this up for a spin off with the younger versions

i think that is the more likely scenario with Scully and Mulder perhaps making guest appearances-if anything is made at all

the article i posted up thread quotes Duchovny talking about 'something' being made after this, dependent on ratings

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
They were on the show an awful lot and the male actor is not entirely unknown. I think he is from "The Tomorrow People" and he is baby brother of Oliver Queen himself in real life. I could totally see this as a handing off of a baton in next run. This does not excuse the exempt of the deliberate cliff hanger seemingly to force someone's hand at the cost of the viewer's enjoyment.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
X-Files creator Chris Carter expects series to return to Vancouver

Production of The X-Files, one of the most notable TV series ever shot in British Columbia, will resume in Vancouver next spring, according to series creator Chris Carter.

The series’ return comes after a revival run of six new episodes produced in B.C. last year, which aired in early 2016.

While there has been speculation that The X-Files would continue following its recent rebirth, Carter offered a timetable in an interview with The Globe and Mail this week.

“I imagine we would be up there shooting in the spring of 2017,” said Carter, who will, this week, be in Vancouver to receive an Industry Builder Award from the Vancouver International Film Festival for his efforts to ensure that production on the recent round of episodes was environmentally sustainable.

He said he expects to do “a small expansion” on the number of episodes in this latest continuation of the milestone show.

His comments came after he confirmed that talks are well-advanced with key players in the series, which pitted FBI agents Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) against paranormal creatures and conspiracies.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts...eries-to-return-to-vancouver/article32262661/

heisenberg

Earl Grey
i think that is the more likely scenario with Scully and Mulder perhaps making guest appearances-if anything is made at all

the article i posted up thread quotes Duchovny talking about 'something' being made after this, dependent on ratings

The speculations that younger actors will be cast to replace David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson is shot down because David Duchovny's upcoming series "Aquarious," has been cancelled. Gillian Anderson's TV series, "The Fall," is also scheduled to end. With the original lead actors having more time on their hands, it looks like "The X-Files" season 11 is going to keep the original Dana and Fox after all.

http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/...david-duchovny-replaced-by-younger-actors.htm

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Over a year after reviving The X-Files for a highly-awaited 10th season, Fox announced that a new, 10-episode installment of the sci-fi/drama will premiere either late 2017 or early 2018. Production is scheduled to launch this summer, Deadline reports.

'The X-Files': Why the Show Had to Come Back
The truth is out there once more — and like most X-philes, we want to believe in Mulder and Scully again

The network didn't reveal any plot details but confirmed that the series' long-running stars, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, will reprise their respective roles as FBI paranormal investigators Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/the-x-files-season-11-to-begin-production-this-summer-w478110