X-Files Reboot Trailer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heisenberg, Oct 16, 2015.

Tags:
  1. heisenberg

heisenberg Earl Grey Staff Member

Sigh...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Overmind One

Overmind One GateFans Gatemaster Staff Member

Seriously?

beatingadeadhorse.gif

This time, it isnt fresh. From the trailer, it looks like they are going to give us original X-Files style, but it is neither original or fresh anymore. The actors are much older and they have already seen so much...how can Scully continue with her cynical skeptic shtick? And Mulder knows better than to just hook up with only Scully. It would have actually been better with two different characters at the center of the show. Then, the original fans would be crying bloody murder!...wait...that was the horse. :moody:

• Like Like x 1
  3. heisenberg

Hollywood is trying desperate to stay "relevant" so that's why they are bringing back old shows like, Xena, Prison Break, and X-files to see if it can buy them cheap ratings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tripler

Tripler Well Known GateFan

Woe ...That looks like absolute crap omg . So he's almost there huh ? Did they not do that shtick all those years it was on tv !!! ...

:tealc_new050: :tealc_new050: :tealc_new050:

5. Overmind One

You know what I noticed? After the writers strike was over, the writing went to crap. The Union makes it hard for new talent to rise up the ranks, and the material is old and they are recycling it over and over. All these damned reboots and re-imaginings still amount to recycling. :sour:. Also, we see a lot of "branching" and "borrowing". There will be some sort of meme picked and it will become the *Thing* for a while. Everyone will do their take on it. Last year it was zombies. Before that it was Rapture-esque stuff like The After, Dominion, Leftovers, etc. The longest lasting one, and the most damaging IMO was the idea from the writers that Battlestar Galactica (NuBSG) was some sort of benchmark to aspire to. :facepalm:.

Anyway, Syfy has become a bit more relevant to me these days...:zelenkaanime17:

• Like Like x 2
  6. shavedape

shavedape Well Known GateFan Staff Member

I think it's safe for us to start the "Countdown-to-Cancellation" clock at this point. :icon_lol:

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Overmind One

Ouch...that would be harsh! :icon_rotflmao:

Its just....this is sooooo going to suck. It will be as bad or worse than Harrison Ford trying to do Indiana Jones in Crystal Skull, or Arnie doing Terminator again (although it was cool the way they did it).

How do you revisit the whole X-Files thing? I guess we will see. I have low expectations, but who knows?

8. shavedape

I think it's a cynical reboot that doesn't deserve being given a chance. All the questions have been answered/addressed by the show and the movies already. They can't just return Scully to a skeptical state and expect us to swallow it. They can't just put Mulder back in the dark when it comes to all that he's seen and experienced. That's cynical and insulting to the fans. And it's dumb.

These show runners are morons. They're nothing more than greedy, masturbating, cynical A-holes.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. heisenberg

There are plenty of good writers out there, it's just that because Hollywood has gotten so big, and has so much power, it doesn't want risk taking an innovative approach to telling a story. It's a huge risk infact - after all, look how much money is poured into these big budget blockbusters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. heisenberg

It would have been better had they done this back in 2012 where it was relevant but now it's no longer relevant.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Overmind One

LOL! Maybe they will do a memory wipe trope and Mulder has to use Scully to rebuild his memories? The actors look good still...

duchovny-anderson-hed-2015.jpg

The problem is everything that has ALREADY happened. Scully has seen way too much for her to go back to being skeptical and naive. And Mulder has seen and experienced even more, and he already knows that he cannot go off exploring the unknown without a big ass team of agents and lots of tech. They can't just pick up the needle and start the record over like that. Two new actors would be newbies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. yongjin02

yongjin02 Well Known GateFan

The rapture BS was just a in-plot red herring in LEFTOVERS.

if ppl disappeared on a massive scale now, in reality without cause,we all know that the majority of ppl-at least in america, would be screaming rapture! rapture!

this season, we have flashbacks (in such Lindelhof (and his pals JJ abrams, orci,etc) fashion) to neolithic times --or is it a flashforward or sideways to where the disappeared went to?-

we also see things like earthquake caused vortex's (or vortex caused earthquakes?) with more disappearances of people and other matter.

anyhow--i know its too deep for all of you with no pew -pew and green pointy headed aliens, so... :anim_59:

yup-the AFTER was pretty bad--but then we only saw 40 min's of it

and all of you keep forgetting that you are looking back at BSG, like it was just another in the string of "Copy cats"--it was a clever mistake/happy accident tha tade some ppl like it--everything else you list did indeed try to imitate -but it was a false creativity chaos by those shows TPTB's--intended to try and get what the TPTB's of BSG got with haphazardly throwing stuff together in a rough "replay" of the original bsg-haphazardness that really got messy around "final five" time

I explained this in the BSG bash thread--I know that none but a few occasional members here agree with me--or even liked BSG for that matter-so I will no longer try...:nono: :rolleye0014:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. yongjin02

I see nothing to this x-files other then an attempt to add-on to the story thus far

I would have rather seen Lillian Gish and Robert Patrick continue the story then "Sullen and Mildew" though.

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. yongjin02

"cancellation" does not apply here--this XFILES is immune from that!!!

why? because it is a planned limited event--a 6 part mini series only

seriously you guys! do a little reading first! :playful:

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. yongjin02

ok sure--but its not a reboot,its a continuation story--so not beating the dead horse, just dragging it down the trail a bit further

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. yongjin02

correction--Annabeth Gish--she is listed as a recurring cast member

Geesz!! Do some reading!! :happy0007:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Chevron Atlantis

Chevron Atlantis Well Known GateFan

Terrible narration in the trailer it would have been more engaging had it been done by say Scully or Mulder

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. yongjin02

or Marlboro man

seems he is in it--but didn't we see him die already? Flashback maybe?

19. shavedape

roflbot(6).jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Bluce Ree

Bluce Ree Tech Admin / Council Member

I'm going against the grain on this one and say it looks interesting and has potential. I like the direction they're hinting and that they aren't pretending nothing happened before this. I'm gonna reserve my judgment and give it a try. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1