WTH? I just got duped by "All-natural Almond Milk"? This should be illegal.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I was under the impression that the problem was with processed soy products like soy milk. Does tofu count as a processed soy product?

if its made per tradition, no..all you do is boil the beans and use the water. basically strain it, add the right kind of salt and let it sit wrapped in a material similar to cheesecloth.

but once big american food industry gets a hold of it who knows.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I will say this once and only once and then we shall never speak of this again --

I've dated several Asian guys and their penises were average to small. Their testicles were really small though. This did not affect performance in any way, shape or form. And most importantly it did not stop this "white devil" from having a slammin' good time. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm planning to publish a study detailing evidence showing that ingesting turds from a specific duck that is, coincidentally, only found in my neighborhood increases overall health, burns fat, makes breasts bigger and fuller in women, larger genitals in men, cures ED, increases libido, makes men irresistible to women when dabbed behind one's ears, reduces cholesterol and reverses male pattern baldness.

Once the study is published and I've raised sufficient bribe .... uh .... marketing money from Kickstarter, I will begin marketing this turd aggeesaively to consumers and to the food industry as an additive.

Quack! Quack!

3138050314_7065a41edd.jpg

:shep_lol::rotflmao::laughing::smiley-laughing024:
--- merged: Jan 8, 2013 at 2:26 PM ---
if its made per tradition, no..all you do is boil the beans and use the water. basically strain it, add the right kind of salt and let it sit wrapped in a material similar to cheesecloth.

but once big american food industry gets a hold of it who knows.

American soy is GMO. Not at all like the natural strains found in Asia. Still, the issue of processing it is important. No process I know of will remove the phytoestrogens from it without fermenting it. The original use for soy by farmers was to fix nitrogen in the soil, not to eat it. Most Asian dishes which use soy will use fermented forms of it.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
how to make tofu. basically, you are not ingesting any of the "meat" of the bean, just the boiled "wash" off the bean (the "milk"). when we have made tofu at home we have used either beans from korea or japan.

also, koreans,at least, do not eat tofu (dubu) on an everyday basis, it is just another "sidedish" eaten accassionally and is therefore far diff from the way western health nuts eat it (a tofu kimchi is sometimes ate. kimchi of course is just about anything that has been partially fermented in a red pepper sauce)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
WOW! I just made my first quart of 100% pure almond milk! It is easy as hell, and worth the savings. Plus, it tastes much much better! :joy:

I ordered a milk nut bag from Amazon, and expected it to come today but it did not and I had already been soaking my almonds overnight in water. So, I drained them, rinsed them off and threw them in the blender. You need to use about 1/8th more water than the volume you want to have for your almond milk. So, a quart was 4 cups plus 1/8th cup. Blend for about two minutes or until the almonds are a puree. After soaking, that is very very easy. After blending till smooth, I tasted it and it seemed a bit too bland so I added 1 packet of Splenda to the milk and it came out perfect. I imagine adding a drop or two of vanilla to duplicate the taste Im used to, but the texture is right on target. I used a fine strainer to catch the pulp instead of the nut bag, and it worked just fine. :) Smooth, creamy, and noticeably more pure. :). You can drink it straight, use it in every way that the "pure almond milk" in those 1/2 gallon cartons which now are pushing $4.00 can do. My math says that this first quart cost me less than $1.00 to make, and it is actually pure (with the exception of the packet of Splenda). Just had some with raisin bran. :)

Ingredients: Almonds, filtered water, 1 tsp Splenda :beckett_new049:
--- merged: Jan 9, 2013 at 10:39 PM ---
how to make tofu. basically, you are not ingesting any of the "meat" of the bean, just the boiled "wash" off the bean (the "milk"). when we have made tofu at home we have used either beans from korea or japan.

also, koreans,at least, do not eat tofu (dubu) on an everyday basis, it is just another "sidedish" eaten accassionally and is therefore far diff from the way western health nuts eat it (a tofu kimchi is sometimes ate. kimchi of course is just about anything that has been partially fermented in a red pepper sauce)

Tofu is an unfermented soy product. You have posted a video for how to make it, but how much do you really know about it? If you eat it for reasons other than just a preference for it, what are they? There are bad things in many natural foods, but tofu is an entirely artificial form of soy (because of the heating). A processed food. What does the heat do to the soy so that it can be coagulated?

http://www.mercola.com/article/soy/avoid_soy.htm

http://paleodietlifestyle.com/dangers-soy/

Miso, Tempeh, Soy Sauce = fermented = good.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
WOW! I just made my first quart of 100% pure almond milk! It is easy as hell, and worth the savings. Plus, it tastes much much better! :joy:

I ordered a milk nut bag from Amazon, and expected it to come today but it did not and I had already been soaking my almonds overnight in water. So, I drained them, rinsed them off and threw them in the blender. You need to use about 1/8th more water than the volume you want to have for your almond milk. So, a quart was 4 cups plus 1/8th cup. Blend for about two minutes or until the almonds are a puree. After soaking, that is very very easy. After blending till smooth, I tasted it and it seemed a bit too bland so I added 1 packet of Splenda to the milk and it came out perfect. I imagine adding a drop or two of vanilla to duplicate the taste Im used to, but the texture is right on target. I used a fine strainer to catch the pulp instead of the nut bag, and it worked just fine. :) Smooth, creamy, and noticeably more pure. :). You can drink it straight, use it in every way that the "pure almond milk" in those 1/2 gallon cartons which now are pushing $4.00 can do. My math says that this first quart cost me less than $1.00 to make, and it is actually pure (with the exception of the packet of Splenda). Just had some with raisin bran. :)

Ingredients: Almonds, filtered water, 1 tsp Splenda :beckett_new049:
--- merged: Jan 9, 2013 at 10:39 PM ---

Tofu is an unfermented soy product. You have posted a video for how to make it, but how much do you really know about it? If you eat it for reasons other than just a preference for it, what are they? There are bad things in many natural foods, but tofu is an entirely artificial form of soy (because of the heating). A processed food. What does the heat do to the soy so that it can be coagulated?

dont really eat that much of it and never said i did. i said this:

"They do the same with many of the store purchased soy milks of any flavor. the best to go with is just the plain stuff--same with the rice "milk" as well.

They add in all the junk to make it tasty to the kiddies so they can sell more

make soy milk at home- its simple and inexpensive, and if you want you can make the tofu as well. a little trickier but with practice...:encouragement:"

i was just stating that the "industry F's up anything remotely 'healthy' they can get their hands on--and that the process for almond milk making is similar to soy milk making

we eat tofu only occasionally as a type of side dish in a korean style. it is usually eaten in a stir fry with meat and veg, or "pickled" in red pepper paste.

i think the last time i had any tofu was about 2 months ago

what does anyone really know what is in anything? the "government regulators" that make the rules for organic, free range,etc are selectees from the industries in D.C.'S " revolving door" concept of employment

take eggs; buy organic or free range? now you are not. the people who regulate and award organic and free range labels to egg producers are the egg producers. they found a niche that was starting to eat away at their white egg market (america is one of few countries that eat white eggs also-a very early example of american industry building their bottom line)

it has become a type of bane...local small producers-like me, dont use these terms because of the new, negative connotations with them. we just say "fresh and local"

so like i said, does anyone really know what they are eating? did you know what was really in that food you got at =what was it? In and Out burger in your YT vid? Now that is trouble-fast food. Haven't been to one of those places in well over 10yrs

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
dont really eat that much of it and never said i did. i said this:

"They do the same with many of the store purchased soy milks of any flavor. the best to go with is just the plain stuff--same with the rice "milk" as well.

They add in all the junk to make it tasty to the kiddies so they can sell more

make soy milk at home- its simple and inexpensive, and if you want you can make the tofu as well. a little trickier but with practice...:encouragement:"

The you were my inspiration! Really, I am very glad I did it because it is soooo easy. :)

i was just stating that the "industry F's up anything remotely 'healthy' they can get their hands on--and that the process for almond milk making is similar to soy milk making

we eat tofu only occasionally as a type of side dish in a korean style. it is usually eaten in a stir fry with meat and veg, or "pickled" in red pepper paste.

Honestly, that is not going to do much damage. But there are people who have a soy latte for breakfast, along with a tofu omelet. Then at lunch, they have tofu in a tossed salad. Then for dinner they have fried tofu with soy sauce, and possibly soy-based ice cream. BAD. People who choose soy protein isolates for working out (because it is cheaper) are getting a gut full of toxins over time. The trypsins in soy is messing with their protein metabolism. And of course for men, there are the isoflavones (phytoestrogens).

i think the last time i had any tofu was about 2 months ago

what does anyone really know what is in anything? the "government regulators" that make the rules for organic, free range,etc are selectees from the industries in D.C.'S " revolving door" concept of employment

Agreed. I do not look to the government and especially not the FDA for nutritional guidance. They are bought and paid for by the agri-business lobbies. They will actually sell the stamp of approval even for poisons like aspartame (NutraSweet), cow's milk which has been put on the human food pyramid, processed grains like breads and cookies, sodas, textured vegetable protein fillers, and 1-METHYLCYCLOPROPENE gas which is pumped into fresh fruit to preserve it for longer. This is why it is important to get to know intimately what the foods are that you eat. Not out of fear, but out of a desire to live the longest, healthiest life you can live.

take eggs; buy organic or free range? now you are not. the people who regulate and award organic and free range labels to egg producers are the egg producers. they found a niche that was starting to eat away at their white egg market (america is one of few countries that eat white eggs also-a very early example of american industry building their bottom line)

Exactly true. I only buy organic free range eggs which are always brown and slightly irregular in coloring. Some of the so-called "free range" brown eggs in the markets look like dyed white eggs. I do not trust them. I am now looking for semi-local sources for eggs because I tend to have them for a long time in the fridge before I use them all.

it has become a type of bane...local small producers-like me, dont use these terms because of the new, negative connotations with them. we just say "fresh and local"

so like i said, does anyone really know what they are eating? did you know what was really in that food you got at =what was it? In and Out burger in your YT vid? Now that is trouble-fast food. Haven't been to one of those places in well over 10yrs

I stopped eating In N Out for other reasons, but the real reason is because I cannot control what ingredients are used. I still occasionally cheat there for lunch becauseit is right across the street from where I work (a rare conjunction in SoCal). I can walk there in less than 10 minutes. :) Most recently I stopped because of political reasons. It worked during my Atkins diet phase at that time and before. Now, I know even more about nutrition as I have become aware of the foods I eat. I want to know where my water is coming from, what is in it, etc. I want to know what the supply chain for the meat coming to my local Albertsons is. I ask the questions and get answers most of the time. But every time I have been asked why I am asking the questions. :icon_lol:

You are a farmer? COOOOOL! :beckett_new049:
--- merged: Jan 9, 2013 at 11:47 PM ---
While you guys were making almond milk our site was busy advertising HGH and Testosterone replacement therapy. :icon_rotflmao:

View attachment 27699

:daniel_new_anime021::shep_lol::jackanime14::tealc_newanime006::smiley-laughing024:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The you were my inspiration! Really, I am very glad I did it because it is soooo easy. :)

Honestly, that is not going to do much damage. But there are people who have a soy latte for breakfast, along with a tofu omelet. Then at lunch, they have tofu in a tossed salad. Then for dinner they have fried tofu with soy sauce, and possibly soy-based ice cream. BAD. People who choose soy protein isolates for working out (because it is cheaper) are getting a gut full of toxins over time. The trypsins in soy is messing with their protein metabolism. And of course for men, there are the isoflavones (phytoestrogens).

Agreed. I do not look to the government and especially not the FDA for nutritional guidance. They are bought and paid for by the agri-business lobbies. They will actually sell the stamp of approval even for poisons like aspartame (NutraSweet), cow's milk which has been put on the human food pyramid, processed grains like breads and cookies, sodas, textured vegetable protein fillers, and 1-METHYLCYCLOPROPENE gas which is pumped into fresh fruit to preserve it for longer. This is why it is important to get to know intimately what the foods are that you eat. Not out of fear, but out of a desire to live the longest, healthiest life you can live.

Exactly true. I only buy organic free range eggs which are always brown and slightly irregular in coloring. Some of the so-called "free range" brown eggs in the markets look like dyed white eggs. I do not trust them. I am now looking for semi-local sources for eggs because I tend to have them for a long time in the fridge before I use them all.

I stopped eating In N Out for other reasons, but the real reason is because I cannot control what ingredients are used. I still occasionally cheat there for lunch becauseit is right across the street from where I work (a rare conjunction in SoCal). I can walk there in less than 10 minutes. :) Most recently I stopped because of political reasons. It worked during my Atkins diet phase at that time and before. Now, I know even more about nutrition as I have become aware of the foods I eat. I want to know where my water is coming from, what is in it, etc. I want to know what the supply chain for the meat coming to my local Albertsons is. I ask the questions and get answers most of the time. But every time I have been asked why I am asking the questions. :icon_lol:

You are a farmer? COOOOOL! :beckett_new049:
--- merged: Jan 9, 2013 at 11:47 PM ---

:daniel_new_anime021::shep_lol::jackanime14::tealc_newanime006::smiley-laughing024:

no not a farmer..as i said before, just a hobby among other things. the eggs you are buying-if purchased at a store- are not really organic or free range. all a place as to do to be called free range is to let the hens walk around. they let them walk around a concrete floored bldg enclosed by steel walls and ceiling with a couple of windows open. these is a total damnation of the original and age old idea of having the hens out in the complete open where they can range over pasture or through wooded areas. Hens can be let out of total enclosure in the day; they will return to their nesting/laying box when they lay an egg then go back out. they will then return to the shelter at or just before dusk.

those "dyed brown" eggs you are referring to are just another form of brown egg. depending on the breed of bird the color of the shell results, the light brown eggs are most likely from 'golden comets/comets' a fairly high producing breed. a "new" breed-so far only widely hatched and sold by one company, is the "tetra tint"-a cross between a leghorn (think Foghorn leghorn from WB cartoons-the archtypical american chicken) and a rhode island red. the leghorn gives high, reliable yield while the red gives the light brown color and less anxiety in the bird.

i also have some chickens that lay blue and green eggs.. they are growing in popularity as well. if that continues, i'll give it about 10 yrs before the industry starts co-opting them as well

your organic store eggs can gain that moniker by means such as feeding 'hashed' unwanted chicks to the hens. they take newly hatched unwanted chicks, usually males-grind them alive and feed them along with a corn mash. it is organic as they use no chemicals in the feed-or growth hormone. they should however be using a pre-emptive anti biotic as they are feeding dead birds to them

have a good breakfast..and remember everytime you make a quick stop at in and out for "necessity" or whatever, you may be doing irreparable harm to your body--everything from the ingredients to the preparation...fast food death awaits....

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Some soy products contain almost no phytoestrogens, like soy sauce. You would have to drink a whole jar of soy sauce to get any kind of barely traceable phytoestrogen in your body. However, if you're trying to raise your estrogen levels by drinking an entire jar of soy sauce all at once, the salt from it will probably send you into shock and kill.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Some soy products contain almost no phytoestrogens, like soy sauce. You would have to drink a whole jar of soy sauce to get any kind of barely traceable phytoestrogen in your body. However, if you're trying to raise your estrogen levels by drinking an entire jar of soy sauce all at once, the salt from it will probably send you into shock and kill.
Soy sauce is fermented, and so are many other soy products like miso and tempeh. Those are fine and the phytoestrogens are mostly eliminated. Tofu, however, is not fermented and contains the full dose of lady-juice. :) This whole concern for isoflavones in soy really only applies to men and not women. Post menopausal women could greatly benefit from using soy products in their unfermented forms.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

So...what you're saying is that you're too chicken to take me up on that dare, huh? :D

Bluce Ree

Not at all. I've started a total electrolyte deficient diet to completely deplete my body of all elexcrolytes in preparation to meet your challenge the moment I hit the emergency room in a stretcher.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Not at all. I've started a total electrolyte deficient diet to completely deplete my body of all elexcrolytes in preparation to meet your challenge the moment I hit the emergency room in a stretcher.

Or hit the grassy fields in a coffin...

Tropicana

Council Member
Okay, I just got back from Smart and Final where I decided to buy some almond milk for my raisin bran (my favorite between-meal snack :)) and I picked up a carton of this stuff, because they did not have my regular Diamond brand almond milk. I should mention that I followed through with my notion to make my own almond milk in the forums here not too long ago. I am awaiting my nut milk bag (http://www.amazon.com/Nut-Milk-Bag--New-Improved/dp/B00158U8DU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357353588&sr=8-1&keywords=milk nut bag) But the reason for wanting to make my own was because the price of it since I first started using it a few years ago to now. It has QUADRUPLED in price, rivaling and sometimes equaling dairy milk. So it was price. I did not even think of WHY the price was climbing.

Guess what?

They are adding all sorts of unsavory additives to it and still calling it "Pure Almond Milk" This should be illegal! This is the carton:

View attachment 27689
I have been buying a different brand (I will get to that later). Still, why would I look on the nutrition label of something labeled as pure almond milk? But here are the ingredients:

Why is this shit in my "Pure Almond Milk"? In green is the pure almond milk. The rest are ADDITIVES that make the pure almond milk IMPURE. Why can they get away with this? I was truly shocked by this. But then I remembered that my original favorite brand which has also doubled in price...:confused0006: We are talking about Blue Diamond Almond Milk here. They are one of the original commercial producers of almond milk, and I buy it frequently. However sometime between 2006 and today, all of these ingredients have made their way into cartons of almond milk and here is what is in my brand now:

View attachment 27690

The wording on the carton carefully omits any "100% pure almond milk" statement now. But it used to have it. Looks like others know about this too:

http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/coconut-and-almond-milk-in-cartons-not-a-healthy-buy/

So, I await the arrival of my milk nut bag from Amazon which looks like this:

View attachment 27691
I also ordered a 4lb bag of raw almonds for $25 bucks on Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=01ZQB0CKKWW3CMAY62CS

Making the almond milk is a snap.

1. Soak 1 cup of raw almonds overnight in a bowl.
  2. Rinse almonds after soaking.
  3. Put in blender/processor with 4 cups of purified water (Brita is fine)
  4. Pulse blend on medium until smooth like a shake, or "silked".
  5. Add more water. You want the consistency of a milkshake.
  6. Pour the blended almonds/milk into the milk nut bag (or strain through cheesecloth) and squeeze bag at the end. The pulp will be left behind and you will have truly PURE almond milk.
Here is a video showing the whole process, and she has a nice calming voice! :)I will try and make my own video when I get my bag.

That 4lb bag will make a half gallon per cup and a half of almonds for some time to come. :) And it will be creamier and more pure than any of the ones on the market, and will cost about $1.00 a gallon.
My parents make soya milk the similar way.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
My parents make soya milk the similar way.

Its SO EASY! Milks can be made from lots of different types of nuts, and coconut milk is also easy to make. I wasted so much money. :facepalm:. My almond milk tastes pure because it IS pure! :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay, I am on my way to Best Buy to buy myself a Ninja Blender/Juicer. I have become so addicted to the fresh, pure taste of REAL almond milk made at home, that I want to do it the best way possible. Im at my office right now, but I will be leaving shortly to go to Best Buy. I will make a video of the process, and include the tweaks to the recipe. I have found that adding a few drops of vanilla extract and also a couple of packs of Splenda makes it taste more like the "almond milk" I was buying at the store. Here is an interesting article about that (more of how the store bought stuff is not all that natural or healthy):

http://theprimalparent.com/2012/05/16/additives-almond-milk-how-to-make/

Large excerpt:

Synthetic Vitamins in Store-Bought “Almond Milk”

Here are just some of the harmful ingredients you will find listed on your store-bought “almond milk” carton:
Vitamin A Palmitate – This is a synthetic version of vitamin A that is associated with birth defects and bone fractures while providing zero health benefits. Other side effects of this isolated chemical form of vitamin A include tumor enhancement, joint disorders, osteoporosis, extreme dryness of eyes, mouth and skin, enlargement of liver and spleen, and immune suppression. As an added note, vitamin A toxicity, known as hyper-vitaminosis, always results from consuming too much synthetic “purified” vitamin A and never from naturally occurring vitamin A found from natural food sources. Still haven’t thrown out your store-bought “almond milk?”

Vitamin D2 – This synthetic chemical needs to be avoided at all costs as toxicity occurs easily with ingested synthetic D2. This occurs especially in children. In fact, a single dose of synthetic vitamin D of 50mg or greater is toxic for adults. The immediate effect of toxicity is abdominal cramps, nausea, and vomiting. In time, as toxicity builds, the result is a buildup of irreversible deposits of calcium crystals in the soft tissues of the body that damage the heart, lung and kidneys.*

Calcium Carbonate – This is a non organic, non-living mineral source of calcium and, most of the time, it is just plain chalk! That’s right- you are consuming chalk – the same stuff you use to write on a blackboard. Good luck with that!

Tocopherol Acetate – This is a synthetic man-made version of vitamin E. Studies have repeatedly shown that the human body prefers natural Vitamin E because it retains it at healthful levels while working to quickly excrete synthetic vitamin E.

Synthetic Vitamins Are Not Nutrients!

• Our digestive system does not recognize synthetic man-made vitamins as food.
  • When you ingest a synthetic supplement, such as the ones found in “almond milk”, your body reacts as if you have swallowed some foreign toxic chemical. This means that your immune system must combat the enemy invasion. If you keep stressing your immune system in this way it will eventually become too weak to protect you from illness or disease.
  • Lastly, since the very beginning of the boom in the supplement industry which included “fortified” and “enriched foods”, the scientific community has known, researched, and shown with every study thatsynthetic supplements weaken our health. In fact, these chemicals found in your “almond milk,” bread, and cereal boxes are not absorbed nor utilized by your body – instead they act as a burden to your health, even causing withdrawal symptoms when you eliminate them from your diet. Nothing replaces whole food, naturally occurring nutrients that your body naturally recognizes, absorbs, and utilizes as nourishment."

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Okay, I am on my way to Best Buy to buy myself a Ninja Blender/Juicer. I have become so addicted to the fresh, pure taste of REAL almond milk made at home, that I want to do it the best way possible. Im at my office right now, but I will be leaving shortly to go to Best Buy. I will make a video of the process, and include the tweaks to the recipe. I have found that adding a few drops of vanilla extract and also a couple of packs of Splenda makes it taste more like the "almond milk" I was buying at the store. Here is an interesting article about that (more of how the store bought stuff is not all that natural or healthy):

http://theprimalparent.com/2012/05/16/additives-almond-milk-how-to-make/

Large excerpt:

Synthetic Vitamins in Store-Bought “Almond Milk”

Here are just some of the harmful ingredients you will find listed on your store-bought “almond milk” carton:
Vitamin A Palmitate – This is a synthetic version of vitamin A that is associated with birth defects and bone fractures while providing zero health benefits. Other side effects of this isolated chemical form of vitamin A include tumor enhancement, joint disorders, osteoporosis, extreme dryness of eyes, mouth and skin, enlargement of liver and spleen, and immune suppression. As an added note, vitamin A toxicity, known as hyper-vitaminosis, always results from consuming too much synthetic “purified” vitamin A and never from naturally occurring vitamin A found from natural food sources. Still haven’t thrown out your store-bought “almond milk?”

Vitamin D2 – This synthetic chemical needs to be avoided at all costs as toxicity occurs easily with ingested synthetic D2. This occurs especially in children. In fact, a single dose of synthetic vitamin D of 50mg or greater is toxic for adults. The immediate effect of toxicity is abdominal cramps, nausea, and vomiting. In time, as toxicity builds, the result is a buildup of irreversible deposits of calcium crystals in the soft tissues of the body that damage the heart, lung and kidneys.*

Calcium Carbonate – This is a non organic, non-living mineral source of calcium and, most of the time, it is just plain chalk! That’s right- you are consuming chalk – the same stuff you use to write on a blackboard. Good luck with that!

Tocopherol Acetate – This is a synthetic man-made version of vitamin E. Studies have repeatedly shown that the human body prefers natural Vitamin E because it retains it at healthful levels while working to quickly excrete synthetic vitamin E.

Synthetic Vitamins Are Not Nutrients!

• Our digestive system does not recognize synthetic man-made vitamins as food.
  • When you ingest a synthetic supplement, such as the ones found in “almond milk”, your body reacts as if you have swallowed some foreign toxic chemical. This means that your immune system must combat the enemy invasion. If you keep stressing your immune system in this way it will eventually become too weak to protect you from illness or disease.
  • Lastly, since the very beginning of the boom in the supplement industry which included “fortified” and “enriched foods”, the scientific community has known, researched, and shown with every study thatsynthetic supplements weaken our health. In fact, these chemicals found in your “almond milk,” bread, and cereal boxes are not absorbed nor utilized by your body – instead they act as a burden to your health, even causing withdrawal symptoms when you eliminate them from your diet. Nothing replaces whole food, naturally occurring nutrients that your body naturally recognizes, absorbs, and utilizes as nourishment."

good luck with the NINJA..we bought one several yrs back and the "all plastic junk" flew apart. thought it may be defective, took it back got another-it burned out after a weeks or so time of pulse blending fruits.

Bluce Ree

good luck with the NINJA..we bought one several yrs back and the "all plastic junk" flew apart. thought it may be defective, took it back got another-it burned out after a weeks or so time of pulse blending fruits.

You know you're supposed to take the shell off pineapple and the giant nut out of the avocado, right? :D