WTH? I just got duped by "All-natural Almond Milk"? This should be illegal.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
good luck with the NINJA..we bought one several yrs back and the "all plastic junk" flew apart. thought it may be defective, took it back got another-it burned out after a weeks or so time of pulse blending fruits.

:facepalm: What a piece of crap! I saw it and inspected it, and the old blender I have at home is better! Im keeping it. Im going to film the almond milk process since I have already soaked the almonds and I am ready. Wait, need some vanilla extract! Ill do it soon here. Gonna run now. :)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
:facepalm: What a piece of crap! I saw it and inspected it, and the old blender I have at home is better! Im keeping it. Im going to film the almond milk process since I have already soaked the almonds and I am ready. Wait, need some vanilla extract! Ill do it soon here. Gonna run now. :)

Oh! Oh! Get cacao to make unsweetened chocolate almond milk! The benefits of cacao are virtually infinite! :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh! Oh! Get cacao to make unsweetened chocolate almond milk! The benefits of cacao are virtually infinite! :D

Im back, and I will get ready to make this milk. Your idea is a GREAT idea, btw. :). I busted my first milk bag because I bought a cheap one and squeezed it too hard. I have ordered a better one. So I just picked up some cheesecloth along with the vanilla extract, and this batch will be a quart.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have made my second quart. :) This time, I had to use cheesecloth folded over several times, and I notice a big difference in texture. Instead of using the 4 1/8th cups of water, I used only 4 cups. You start with 3/4 cups of nuts to a full cup. I used a cup. Prior to straining into the pitcher I use for this, I put 4 drops (about a quarter tsp) of pure vanilla extract, and two packets of Splenda into the pitcher. This batch is a dead ringer for the Pure Almond Milk Vanilla version from Diamond. Smooth, creamy.

The next batch will be done with my new nut milk bag which strains even finer than the cheesecloth. Also, I got a glass milk/juice carafe for this since my current pitcher is a thermal pitcher designed for hot and cold drinks. Since it will be used exclusively for nut milk, it is a good investment.

Milk nut bag on Amazon ($8.95): http://www.amazon.com/Fine-Reusable-Round-Bottom-Deluxe/dp/B004IA1W6E/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

21DMW4tBJRL.jpg

Bormioli Rocco Frigoverre 39oz Jug with hermetic lid ($11.99): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JA5CSK/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

51+PmneSg6L._SY450_.jpg

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Im back, and I will get ready to make this milk. Your idea is a GREAT idea, btw. :). I busted my first milk bag because I bought a cheap one and squeezed it too hard. I have ordered a better one. So I just picked up some cheesecloth along with the vanilla extract, and this batch will be a quart.

That just sounds so wrong... :P

SciphonicStranger

Now we have thread drift in a bad way. Sorry about that! :P

SciphonicStranger

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
OOOOK boys back on topic here- welll sort of! I have a blender I got at my wedding (1981) that still works perfectly it's an Oster with a heavy as hell base & nice glass jar; I have only replaced the seal rings & lid. :) It's a brand I reccomend highly!

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
OOOOK boys back on topic here- welll sort of! I have a blender I got at my wedding (1981) that still works perfectly it's an Oster with a heavy as hell base & nice glass jar; I have only replaced the seal rings & lid. :) It's a brand I reccomend highly!

Damn! Those old blenders could grind bones! :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I have an Oster as well. The "compact storage" one which has the jar that fits over the top of the blender upside down. The jar is plastic, but very sturdy and I have had it for 10 years. It slushes ice, makes great smoothies and now is my almond milk blender. :) Im keepin it after seeing the overpriced crap that they are selling now.