Who's responsible for the end of Stargate?

Who is to blame for the end of Stargate?

• Total voters

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Yeah I enjoyed when they turned Fred into Illyria as well, and the whole thing certainly showcased what a fantastic actress Amy Acker really is. I also wish that we could've seen more of that, since the whole thing with an nearly invincible demon god being in the body of a human, and experiencing trace emotions from Fred was something I felt they could've done something really good with. And Fred's final episode was great too, IMO. Sure, it's a bit uncomfortable watching because of the whole death thing, but man is it a well written and acted hour of television as we watch how Fred is slowly dying and fading away without the Big Damn Heroes™ being able to do anything to stop it.
Illyria was cool, I liked the new mythos they sorta tagged on with her and all those elder ones and other stuff. Plus the leather kinda covered up her anorexic body.
Was watching Ark of Truth last night - here's a contributing factor, the writing that has became pure laziness.

In classic SG-1, they would attempt to explain how the characters got something to work via technobabble.

Yet in modern SG-1/SGA, they don't even try anymore. They either simply go, "I'm pretty sure this was going to work from Daniel's time as a Prior" or "Yes, yes, that would work", "You sure?! "," Yes. "

Leaving u going, how?
Magic, could have sworn I read somewhere that Star Trek, the 90s ones, had science advisers? SG could have used some. Sometimes the explanations take away the allure and mystery of some of the more mystical things.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
The last two seasons were rooted in alien religion so there was no need for anything but "the Ori willed it". Also the writers were busy working on SGA too so it is OK to cut them a break. :P

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
The last two seasons were rooted in alien religion so there was no need for anything but "the Ori willed it". Also the writers were busy working on SGA too so it is OK to cut them a break. :P
lol yea, think they were also trapped in that 'must make this plot arc more epic than the last even if it's nonsense'.

Tropicana

Council Member
For Ark of Truth, I would have liked to hear an explanation on how they managed to get the Supergate working. Not long ago, Asgard ships and the Russian Daedalus class ship were destroyed trying to disable the Supergate to stop further incursion.

Even as simply as from Carter, "We managed to create an interface from the Ori staff crystal and power unit to the Supergate. It took some months due to the slight variance in the Ori system but from our experience with our own gate and Atlantis, we were able to devise a wireless control command interface that responded very well with our ship systems and the Supergate. Only problem was the instability of the power unit that we initially couldn't control... (Everyone looks bored) We have made test runs dialling the Supergate and it has worked so far!"

Much better than, "I was pretty sure this was going to work thanks to Daniel's time as a Prior".

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
For Ark of Truth, I would have liked to hear an explanation on how they managed to get the Supergate working. Not long ago, Asgard ships and the Russian Daedalus class ship were destroyed trying to disable the Supergate to stop further incursion.

Even as simply as from Carter, "We managed to create an interface from the Ori staff crystal and power unit to the Supergate. It took some months due to the slight variance in the Ori system but from our experience with our own gate and Atlantis, we were able to devise a wireless control command interface that responded very well with our ship systems and the Supergate. Only problem was the instability of the power unit that we initially couldn't control... (Everyone looks bored) We have made test runs dialling the Supergate and it has worked so far!"

Much better than, "I was pretty sure this was going to work thanks to Daniel's time as a Prior".
eeeeerrrh! wrong, they were destroyed by the Ori ships that came thrugh the gate not the gate itself.

and personally i have never cared for the technobabble and all the we need to explain this crap stuff as its FAKE regardless.

Tropicana

Council Member
Well yeah, I know they were destroyed by the Ori ships when the latter detected the MW fleet approaching the Supergate in hopes of disabling it. Lol.

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
I could say the majority of the blame (the percentage is unknown) can be placed on the Producers, other ones include MGM for not keeping a tighter look and Syfy for well, agreeing to that stupid 2 year contact, but also the two of them combined for not shutting the mouths of Producers/Writers/Actors mouths in their little arrogant based rants, unless they were giving enough rope to hang themselves, unsure of that.

Looking back (and this is my opinion) but Stargate was dying in season 8 of SG1, creatively they were running out of ideas despite having an awesome vehicle in science fiction to create new and interesting stories. When SGA came around (a show which I will admit I'm not a fan of) was supposed to be a fresh slate, start a new, trapped in another galaxy, new enemies new technologies. Sound familiar? SGA was the half way point of the end cycle, keep in mind, this is talking about the creative side/process not the audience ratings. SGA was a show that was sustained by the actors/actresses, however when they were gone, SGU came around the writing/producing talent was exposed with nothing to hide behind. Just my opinion.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Browder was on Arrow last episode. He's still a pretty boy but has aged a little bit. The villains on Arrow don't seem to last long. Hopefully, they don't do that to Deathstroke.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Browder was on Arrow last episode. He's still a pretty boy but has aged a little bit. The villains on Arrow don't seem to last long. Hopefully, they don't do that to Deathstroke.

Arrow sucks shit. It doesn't even rise to the level of faggotry, that's how bad it is. The writing is shit. The acting is shit. The choreography is shit. The editing is shit. Even the forced teen drama is shit. Christ, I've seen more artful and stylish stuff belch from a dog's ass compared to this cancerous turd of a show.

(Just look at that shit-stained twat. The only arrow he's concerned with is the one pointing the way into the gay bathhouse where he works mopping the floors.)

arrow_poster_cw.jpg

4vpfv50.png

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Arrow sucks shit. It doesn't even rise to the level of faggotry, that's how bad it is. The writing is shit. The acting is shit. The choreography is shit. The editing is shit. Even the forced teen drama is shit. Christ, I've seen more artful and stylish stuff belch from a dog's ass compared to this cancerous turd of a show.

(Just look at that shit-stained twat. The only arrow he's concerned with is the one pointing the way into the gay bathhouse where he works mopping the floors.)

arrow_poster_cw.jpg

4vpfv50.png

:rotflmao::laughing::icon_rotflmao::smiley-laughing024::rotflmao:

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
lol, lemme guess, you watched 1 or 2 episodes huh. It's CW, all their actors/actresses are model-esque, haha.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
lol, lemme guess, you watched 1 or 2 episodes huh. It's CW, all their actors/actresses are model-esque, haha.

Arrow is shit. Don't even play, dude. It's written for people with a fifth grade education. Not surprisingly it's acted by people with a fifth grade education. Christ, the lead character, "Oliver the Queen", squats when he pees. He's also dumber than a bucket of dirt. So are the people surrounding him at any given moment, go figure. And the bitches in the show are all flat-chested, pale, anemic clones with low self esteem. As misogynistic writing goes it fails even at that.

The CW should just put a steaming pile of horse shit on the screen for an hour as that would be far superior to this hepatitis-laden, cat litter box of a show. :tealc_new050:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
lol Interesting thread when it's not the producer's fault here. It was actually Syfy who wanted stargate atlantis and SG-1 Gone due to ratings. Producers were not to blame here for the cancellation.

Wrong wrong wrong! Syfy wanted more Stargate Atlantis. It was Brad Wright and Robert Cooper who killed Stargate Atlantis and also SG-1 for SGU. He is who gave the order to demolish standing sets at Bridge to build sets for SGU. He signed the checks, he gave the orders. The ratings for SGU never reached that of SG-1 or Atlantis.

Wrong wrong wrong! Syfy wanted more Stargate Atlantis. It was Brad Wright and Robert Cooper who killed Stargate Atlantis and also SG-1 for SGU. He is who gave the order to demolish standing sets at Bridge to build sets for SGU. He signed the checks, he gave the orders. The ratings for SGU never reached that of SG-1 or Atlantis.

Exactly. The blame clearly lies with BW and the folks at Bridge studios. SG-1 had more life left in it as proven by the fact that they made two movies from it. And from what I understand SGA was still profitable but even if it was on the down trend it could have been retooled or blended back into SG-1. Without a doubt BW and crew opted to abandon these two shows in favor of backing their new project SGU. Obviously MGM and SyFy were willing to continue with the Stargate brand, they just didn't know that they were going to be given something that wasn't Stargate. So again, the fault clearly lies with BW and crew. It can't be denied.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
"hello dead horse, meet Mr Stick"

:)

where is the 'who's responsible for the end of space 1999' thread?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
"hello dead horse, meet Mr Stick"

:)

where is the 'who's responsible for the end of space 1999' thread?

Yep, the horse may be dead, but I clearly remember how it died. :)