What Was the Last Thing You Ate/Drank

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
My mom actually puts babyfood (the desserts) between cake layers. It's usually peach and is actually a suprisingly good substitute for the custard she used to use.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Papa John's pizza here....it's a US pizza chain that I have loved since "papa john" opened his second shop in west lafayette indiana (near purdue where hubby was at grad school) many moons ago! it's the only pizza I like. :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Just having a couple of scoops of Bryer's Ice Cream

Im having a couple of scoops of Bryer's Carb Smart Ice Cream:

bryers.png

At only 4 net carbs per half cup, I can have a whole cup! Sometimes I have sugar free chocolate fudge over it, but this time I just having it with a little cocoa sprinkled over the ice cream. :)

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
For dinner today I had elk steak with potatoes and green salad. Oh and I think that one thing I had with the elk steak is going to freak out all them city dwellers who get a panic attack every time they leave the safety of their concrete prison. Elk heart. Yeah, I had a few slices of elk heart on the side and contrary to what it sounds like, it's actually pretty damn good!

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Drinking Fat Tire at the moment. Will be having steak and steamed rice for dinner.

Yum.

I haven't had elk since I used some ground elk for pasta sauce probably fifteen years ago.

Red Mage

Boney
Papa John's pizza here....it's a US pizza chain that I have loved since "papa john" opened his second shop in west lafayette indiana (near purdue where hubby was at grad school) many moons ago! it's the only pizza I like. :D

Papa Johns? Excuse while I... :puke:The way the "cheese" behaves during reheating is nauseating. It doesn't melt for some reason.
Living in NY and haven been to other places that have great pizza like Chicago, it's hard to go back to eating chain pizza. I will eat Papa Johns and other chain pizza once in a while mostly if I'm having a late night party and am drunk. I do like the cheese breatsticks though.

Last thing I ate/drank: Unsweeten ice tea and unsalted cashews. One of my favorites while surfing online.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Papa Johns? Excuse while I... :puke:The way the "cheese" behaves during reheating is nauseating. It doesn't melt for some reason.
Living in NY and haven been to other places that have great pizza like Chicago, it's hard to go back to eating chain pizza. I will eat Papa Johns and other chain pizza once in a while mostly if I'm having a late night party and am drunk. I do like the cheese breatsticks though.

Last thing I ate/drank: Unsweeten ice tea and unsalted cashews. One of my favorites while surfing online.

you reheat pizza????????? oh gee, guess it takes all types. Cold is the only way to eat Pizza the day after! ;)

went nutso cooking today- made a fancy lunch and dinner all the way to dessrt! my "signature" three-meat meatloaf with roasted garlic potatoes! :D definitely a day for comfort food! :)

G

Graybrew1

Sunday dinner. Baked chicken with stewed tomatoes with italian seasonings, brown rice, and broccoli and diet orange soda to drink. Pretty good ,low fat, high fiber. But being over forty , makes it a necessary type of meal to eat if I want to continue to fit in certain jeans. :P :rolleyes:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Sunday dinner. Baked chicken with stewed tomatoes with italian seasonings, brown rice, and broccoli and diet orange soda to drink. Pretty good ,low fat, high fiber. But being over forty , makes it a necessary type of meal to eat if I want to continue to fit in certain jeans. :P :rolleyes:

Suff the carbs and the jeans, I'd eat that anyway :D

G

Graybrew1

Still gotta crave that greasy fried stuff I haven't eaten in years though. LOL

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Still gotta crave that greasy fried stuff I haven't eaten in years though. LOL

Oh, I still have KFC on occasion, and eat WAY too much potato, but I find very little (taste wise) "wrong" with healthy food. When I was working nights 75% of the time I ate Subway for dinner, either foot long "clubs" (beef, turkey, ham) or salads, but there was a fried chicken place and a kebab shop as well, the other 25% certainly went on them :D

G

Graybrew1

Oh, I still have KFC on occasion, and eat WAY too much potato, but I find very little (taste wise) "wrong" with healthy food. When I was working nights 75% of the time I ate Subway for dinner, either foot long "clubs" (beef, turkey, ham) or salads, but there was a fried chicken place and a kebab shop as well, the other 25% certainly went on them :D

I guess, I get tired of the same food sometimes. Just like getting bored with your furniture. Sometimes we just move it around to make it "feel" different. Buying new furniture every six months would be pretty expensive. ;) I equally get bored with food. It has been about 5 years of healthy eating. I enjoy most of it, but Salads are getting old. Same true with brown rice. I don't eat potatoes or any unproductive carbs. If they are not high fiber. I don't eat them. All my pasta is whole grain...etc. I have been thinking about splurging on a bad food once a week lately thought. :icon_e_wink:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I guess, I get tired of the same food sometimes. Just like getting bored with your furniture. Sometimes we just move it around to make it "feel" different. Buying new furniture every six months would be pretty expensive. ;) I equally get bored with food. It has been about 5 years of healthy eating. I enjoy most of it, but Salads are getting old. Same true with brown rice. I don't eat potatoes or any unproductive carbs. If they are not high fiber. I don't eat them. All my pasta is whole grain...etc. I have been thinking about splurging on a bad food once a week lately thought. :icon_e_wink:

I live a low carb lifestyle, but I have a cheat day on Friday. I have found that I dont even WANT to cheat! I eat only unprocessed or slightly processed foods (whole grain flour). I drink zero carb sodas like Rockstar Zero, lots of fruit and a few supplements daily. :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
someone mention cooking?

have you tried quinoa? do you have a trader joe's nearby? they sell interesting "blends" of grains like spelt, quinoa, etc...that are quite good and give great change from the same-old-same-old! or a whole foods? they are a great place to find interesting things to cook. :) I'm not into "organic" cooking- I just enjoy trying new products/recipes and both fo these stores have a wider variety than is found at your average gorcery store. :) Whole Foods can be a bit pricey, but Trader Joe's is very reasonable. :)
We are doing a garden this summer (ok we always do one!) but I admit after seeing the prices and lack of quality of veggies this year I am REALLY looking forward to my fresh produce! :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

EXACTLY. Im over FIFTY, but I look like Im in my 30s :). Low carb, high protein and very VERY few processed foods. Your body responds by balancing itself and slimming down naturally. The thought of eating sugary stuff and high carb foods makes me sleeeeepy. :(

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Protein shake with very little sugar added.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
have you tried quinoa? do you have a trader joe's nearby? they sell interesting "blends" of grains like spelt, quinoa, etc...that are quite good and give great change from the same-old-same-old! or a whole foods? they are a great place to find interesting things to cook. :) I'm not into "organic" cooking- I just enjoy trying new products/recipes and both fo these stores have a wider variety than is found at your average gorcery store. :) Whole Foods can be a bit pricey, but Trader Joe's is very reasonable. :)
We are doing a garden this summer (ok we always do one!) but I admit after seeing the prices and lack of quality of veggies this year I am REALLY looking forward to my fresh produce! :D

I'd add amaranth to the list. It's a grain but it's VERY high in protein content. Like massively high. I've tried quinoa and it's just "meh" to me. Amaranth I liked better because it's lower in carbs and higher in protein. The grains are so tiny though. It cooks up with almost a gel consistency. It reminded me of a jaundiced cream of wheat if that helps you picture it.

As for wheat, I've been cutting way back and I'm feeling much better for it. No more wheat-based cereals for breakfast and there is a marked difference in how I feel now. Same with sandwiches at lunch, I just omit the bread and don't have to worry about feeling groggy or dizzy or tired or sick in the afternoon now. It's hard to give up bread though as there is such a sentimental attachment to it. Still, I can't dispute how I'm feeling now that I cut way back on it.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

I generally despise chain pizza but I have to admit that I love eating at "Rays" when I go to NY. Surely you've heard of it. Good, thin crust. Mmmm!

If I have pizza at home I generally make it from scratch as I can do a much better job than any frozen or carry out version. And yes, I like the thin crust. I can't stand "deep dish" pizza as it's like getting a loaf of soggy, warm bread dough.

And don't get me going about those abominations from the carry out joints. :puke:
The reason they don't reheat well is that they are crap to begin with. I doubt they even use real cheese on those things. A friend of mine used to live around the corner from a Little Ceasars carry out and he'd get the $5 ones all the time. I refused to eat them they looked so bad. He wouldn't bother reheating what was left because it turned out like soggy cardboard he said. Nasty, just nasty!