What about 2011 Stargate: Extinction?

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Gatefan76 is our resident encyclopedia. I don't think there's a show or reference he doesn't know :icon_lol:

Copenhagen

GateFans Noob
Late to the party here on this conversation, but yeah...great minds usually think alike.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
What do you mean "late to the party"? This is YOUR party, you started it. Or did you sneak out while we were having fun here?? :eek:

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Gatefan76 is our resident encyclopedia. I don't think there's a show or reference he doesn't know :icon_lol:

Several unfortunately :(

But thanks for the ego boost!! :D

I will say though if it's in the scifi/fantasy or horror genre's chances are I either know it or have heard of it, and if someone brings up something I don't know, I will reserch it (hence the disturbing lack of sanity). I live by the CoC creed, When the going gets tough, the tough go to the library!

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Several unfortunately :(

But thanks for the ego boost!! :D

I will say though if it's in the scifi/fantasy or horror genre's chances are I either know it or have heard of it, and if someone brings up something I don't know, I will reserch it (hence the disturbing lack of sanity). I live by the CoC creed, When the going gets tough, the tough go to the library!
I wouldn't even know where to begin looking to find where mzzz's avatar was from. Or Briangate's...

Hmmm, I'll take that challenge minus shows.

Let the right one in?
Hyperion?
Warbreaker?
Just don't get too carried away. This is an SGA movies thread, and we're waiting for an answer to OM1's question. And it IS Copenhagen's party :icon_lol:

Copenhagen

GateFans Noob
Nah, I meant the conversation has sort of moved past the comment I made. (It's like that for me in real life too...so I'm used to it haha)

It is a bummer they would not let Joe take SGA, man ...*Pouts* Sadface :(

SerenityS

GateFans Member
Nah, I meant the conversation has sort of moved past the comment I made. (It's like that for me in real life too...so I'm used to it haha)

It is a bummer they would not let Joe take SGA, man ...*Pouts* Sadface :(

It would have been sweet! In more ways than one. :P

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Hmmm, I'll take that challenge minus shows.

Let the right one in?
Hyperion?
Warbreaker?

Let the right one in: Swedish vampire novel
Hyperion: Dan Simmons novel, haven't read, had to check! (to me it was a spaceship or a Titan)
Warbreaker: Fantasy novel by Brandon Sanderson, not read either, sounds interesting though

See, I hardly know everything, but I can always check :D

Copenhagen

GateFans Noob
It is good to know that you know stuff, now I know who to ask about things. Wow! That was sort of knowing tongue twister!

So, you know pretty sure that the SGA movie won't come to life. They should at least let Joe do the movie, that would be good. It pains me that this is all come to such an end.

I'm just completely bummed out about the whole deal really.

SerenityS

GateFans Member
It is good to know that you know stuff, now I know who to ask about things. Wow! That was sort of knowing tongue twister!

So, you know pretty sure that the SGA movie won't come to life. They should at least let Joe do the movie, that would be good. It pains me that this is all come to such an end.

I really hope someone asks Joe about what happened with that deal at one of the con Meet and Greets and then lets us know what he said.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +

Well, don't worry. I'm sure the SG franchise still has a bright future since the fans are obviously out there and waiting for a reboot of the real stuff. Preferably with Joe Flanigan, David Hewlett & gang. And since there is a profit to be made out of real Stargate movies as well.
So we'll keep folks informed as soon as we see some movement in that direction.

Copenhagen

GateFans Noob
I don't think that SGU deserves a movie. Furthermore, any SGA movie that comes out should not have anything to do with SGU. SGU is just a stupid retarded Idea that is not Stargate. It should really be more tied into the Battle Star Galatica Series, than Stargate.

Rant sort of starts here:
SGU is a big fat misfit, Sticks out like a sore thumb.

I would have respected the show, and the writers just like I do the Battle Star Galatica ones. If they had not tried to make that type of show be Stargate. If they would have created a completely Differnet Franchise for it, and put it in an entirely New Series, not assoicated with Stargate at all. I think it would have done very well, Or at least a lot better then it did. It might have gone to 4 or 5 seasons. Hell, if they would have just ran SGA along side of it, it would have done better...well maybe not. No. I do have to admit, if you disassociate SGU from the Stargate franchise entirely, and call it something else. It was a good story. And, would have made a good show, that the BSG fans would most certainly flocked too.

But, he had a show that he was trying to "Get a Free Ride" off some already existing fan groups. (BSG fans/SG fans)

Neither one of them were willing to accept it well. Some did, but a lot did not. I think the Main Base of fans from SGU were not pre-existing fans of BSG/SG at all. I think the most part of the people that "Loved It" were new fans. In other words it generated it's own fan base.

Because BSG fans might have liked the aurora of the Dramatic theme of the show, they still for the most part think Stargate is stupid in general.

Then you got the Stargate fans, that think BSG, and Drama is Stupid.

I started watching Sci-Fi years ago, because I like Science Fiction. Not, melodrama. You can get all the drama you want from the networks. I don't even watch networks anymore. I have cable. Why do I need to watch networks? There are tons of other shows out there that are most likely better than this steaming pile of mess, as far as drama/melodrama goes. No, I can't name them, because I don't watch them. Why you might ask? Casue I'm not a fan of it?

I don't want a series of dramatic role plays of intense human emotion, and human physche, for a Sci-Fi show. That is exactly why I did not like BSG.

I want to see technology of Science Fiction. Ships! Forms of Space Travel! Aliens! Impactful Calimaties! Battles, perferably in SPACE! You know...pew pew!

There is a saying we have in a lot of online PC video games I play:

Less QQ more Pew Pew! (QQ is supposed to resemble crying/tears).

I would expect a channel that (used to call it self Sci-Fi, I mean any geek knows what Sci-Fi means) but now calls them self SyFy. To understand that. Maybe that is why they changed there name to SyFy, so they can say that they are not really a Science Fiction Channel anymore.

I'd like to ploy HBO or the Science Channel to "Order more "Real" Stargate, perferably in the form of SGA, to air on their show. Looks like the Science Channel is itching for some stuff like Science Fiction to air. I mean they are running FireFly. Maybe they will run Stargate too?

I new reboot could be brought to a channel like the Science Channel. I think Science Channel is goning to be the ultimate Geek channel that I'm looking for, it is certainly doing better than SyFy in my book. I would like to see more stuff come on the Science Channel like this. They even show Real Science too.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
If SGU deserves an ending/movie, SGA and SG1 deserves it more.

I think that SG1 has already had a good ending and I don't really feel the need for another movie, but I agree with you about SGA. I was never really a big fan of the show but EatG was so crappy that we need something more satisfying. Though of course I think that SGU deserves an ending too since I don't want to leave the show on a cliffhanger.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Yeah, I can see what you mean about SG1 but the two movies were kinda meh, and they didn't have a Jack-centered one who for me was SG1, the bane of the Goa'uld, Asgard's champion, just that guy. I, for one, did not care about Continuum which seemed like a half-assed two-parter episodes even though it had Jack in it.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
I think that SG1 has already had a good ending and I don't really feel the need for another movie, but I agree with you about SGA. I was never really a big fan of the show but EatG was so crappy that we need something more satisfying. Though of course I think that SGU deserves an ending too since I don't want to leave the show on a cliffhanger.

I have no problem with SGU getting a movie to wrap the show, what i would have a problem with, is if they made that and there was still no SGA movie. SGA suffered becaused of SGU once, not again please!

I dont even think SGA has to be made first, the sets are still there for sgu but straight afterwards, the SGA movie should be made and more than one if possible.

TPTB would have to confirm the SGA movie had been greenlit and the actors contracted to the movie if they annouce an SGU movie, can you imagine the storm if the last thing done is an sgu movie? with no mention of sga/sg1

Copenhagen

GateFans Noob
Oh, they will most likely make an SGU movie. They are all mad at us for not liking their tv series. They think we should just stop liking what we like, and like what they think we should like.

So the more chances they has to "In your Face" us, I'm sure they will.