Upcoming Sci-Fi Movies

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
nd are you actually telling ME to read the CCPG? funny how you are telling me to do anything as i know this site how it works whats allowed etc far better then you and not to long ago you were having ME teach you how shit works amazing how much of an airhead you are and even more amazing that you dont even realize how stupid you make yourself look :facepalm:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
shudders...

il raise you one.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1663662/

there is no secret that i like SOA but damn im not that much of a fanboy of the actors that ill automaticly think shit like this wont stink...

Sounds like someone in Hollywood heard our rant about recycling old bullshit and still didn't quite understand the message. What's with the video-game-to-movie bandwagon lately?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Sounds like someone in Hollywood heard our rant about recycling old bullshit and still didn't quite understand the message. What's with the video-game-to-movie bandwagon lately?

Tell me about it, ugh! :culpability: I'm already sick of that trend. Remember that horrible version of Doom they did years ago with The Rock? I loved the game but boy did that movie suck chunks! And now they're doing more Silent Hill, which was a scary game albeit boring in that you had to run and fetch a lot of stupid stuff, but the movies -- meh.

Bluce Ree

Tell me about it, ugh! :culpability: I'm already sick of that trend. Remember that horrible version of Doom they did years ago with The Rock? I loved the game but boy did that movie suck chunks! And now they're doing more Silent Hill, which was a scary game albeit boring in that you had to run and fetch a lot of stupid stuff, but the movies -- meh.

Silent Hill had a lot of long, boring moments but the video story sequences throughout the game were pretty entertaining, IMO. It was like watching an animated book.

OMNI

aye thats obvious.. i donno man i really dont.. sure there are some good game stories out there but i am one of those people who think they should stay just that VIDEO GAME stories and not be turned into some weak hollywood movie.... to me its the same as turning a season of SOA into a 1h30m movie... how bad would that suck? and how much story would be cut?

sad times indeed. when reboots get tonnes of money poured onto them by investors and fans and original content stories and ideas cant even raise 17500 dollars to cover the cost of a truly original 3d scifi series with the people behind the CGI of SG1 SGA SGU nuBSG iron sky etc at the helm... sad times.

OMNI

Silent Hill had a lot of long, boring moments but the video story sequences throughout the game were pretty entertaining, IMO. It was like watching an animated book.
silent hill had the same controll interface as the old resident evil games had right? i only played an hour or so of the first game before i gave up as i allways hated those controlls but i did hear good things about it.

OMNI

imo VIDEO games should be video games and if you want to make something like a movie out of them then make it interactive sort of like the new walking dead game which is actually quite good as the story is somehwat interactive ie YOU can choose the outcome of some things by the choices you as the player makes for your character in the situations and plot points you encounter.

Bluce Ree

silent hill had the same controll interface as the old resident evil games had right? i only played an hour or so of the first game before i gave up as i allways hated those controlls but i did hear good things about it.

There's a lot of running around, fetching stuff, reading things, and so on. It's a little long in the tooth. The game, to me, was like being the main character in a good horror/suspense novel, which is what kept me entertained. I've enjoyed games that were more like interactive novels with really good stories going as far back as my Commodore 64, playing the old Infocom text adventures. :)

Bluce Ree

aye thats obvious.. i donno man i really dont.. sure there are some good game stories out there but i am one of those people who think they should stay just that VIDEO GAME stories and not be turned into some weak hollywood movie.... to me its the same as turning a season of SOA into a 1h30m movie... how bad would that suck? and how much story would be cut?

sad times indeed. when reboots get tonnes of money poured onto them by investors and fans and original content stories and ideas cant even raise 17500 dollars to cover the cost of a truly original 3d scifi series with the people behind the CGI of SG1 SGA SGU nuBSG iron sky etc at the helm... sad times.

$17,500 is all they need to complete the project?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
When I think of BADDDD movie adaptations of video games Wing Commander comes to mind. The SFX were barely below average but the acting was appalling and the script seemed to have been written by drawing random items out of a hat.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wing_commander/

OMNI

There's a lot of running around, fetching stuff, reading things, and so on. It's a little long in the tooth. The game, to me, was like being the main character in a good horror/suspense novel, which is what kept me entertained. I've enjoyed games that were more like interactive novels with really good stories going as far back as my Commodore 64, playing the old Infocom text adventures. :)
then you def ought to check out the new telltale games "the walking dead" as thats what it is and the story is ACTUALLY good and follows the tone of the comics rather then the TV series, it also doesnt follow the same characters as in the comic or series which imo is a HUGE +.

both me and OM1 can vouch for the TWD game so give it a go. there are 5 game episodes each with about 2-3h worth of gameplay and its also worth replaying each ep 2 or so times trying out diffrent choicses and seeing how the story shifts as a result of your actions.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
At this rate they'll be putting out a Ratchet and Clank movie any day now. :(

Ratchettod1.jpg

OMNI

$17,500 is all they need to complete the project?
naw it wont cover EVERYthing but it will be enough to pruduce a couple of episodes as its meant to be a web series each ep ranging from 9-15 min and in the end it will be cut into a full length film.

and sofar with a couple of months on indiegogo its barly raised 4k dollars kelly being based in canada and not eligable to use the american only kickstarter.

but other stuff is in the work ie hunting down sponsors and other shit still under MAJOR NDA so all hope is not lost yet.

OMNI

shudders...

il raise you one.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1663662/

there is no secret that i like SOA but damn im not that much of a fanboy of the actors that ill automaticly think shit like this wont stink...
just an addendum to this post. i remeber reading an interview with Charlie Hunnam where he said he prefers taking the parts he wants to and that would challennge him to grow as an actor and he saying "i am still young i have 40 years to make the money" but oh look a few years alter and someone waves a huge fat hollywood check infront of him and bam he forgets all that...:thoranime12:

in all honesty i cant blame him tho id sell out asap if someone waved a huge fat check infront of me.. still tho i found it worth mentioning :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
just an addendum to this post. i remeber reading an interview with Charlie Hunnam where he said he prefers taking the parts he wants to and that would challennge him to grow as an actor and he saying "i am still young i have 40 years to make the money" but oh look a few years alter and someone waves a huge fat hollywood check infront of him and bam he forgets all that...:thoranime12:

in all honesty i cant blame him tho id sell out asap if someone waved a huge fat check infront of me.. still tho i found it worth mentioning :)

Here's some Charlie for ya. ;)

queer-as-folk-uk.jpg

shavedape

Well Known GateFan