Upcoming Sci-Fi Movies

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yeah but we're talking SGU fans here so it would probably be easier to organize 12 brain damaged cats than it would those people.

:smiley-laughing024:

I still cannot believe that none of those children considered that creating something called the "Stargate Universe Animated Third Season" would not be kosher with MGM. They almost seemed shocked that they were shut down! They also dont realize that their beloved SGU is not considered to be "real Stargate" by longtime Stargate fans who make up the vast majority of the fanbase. If Atlantis fans were half as organized as the SGU kids, that would be a good thing. As much as I think their efforts are impotent and wasteful, I admire their organization and resourcefulness. They are merely begging for the wrong Stargate to be revived.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

I still cannot believe that none of those children considered that creating something called the "Stargate Universe Animated Third Season" would not be kosher with MGM. They almost seemed shocked that they were shut down! They also dont realize that their beloved SGU is not considered to be "real Stargate" by longtime Stargate fans who make up the vast majority of the fanbase. If Atlantis fans were half as organized as the SGU kids, that would be a good thing. As much as I think their efforts are impotent and wasteful, I admire their organization and resourcefulness. They are merely begging for the wrong Stargate to be revived.

That's what shocks me about these people, I mean, you'd think that scifi fans (SGU wasn't scifi admittedly) would be intelligent enough to figure out that they can't just take someone else's copyrighted material and produce their own version of it. Seriously, it's shockingly stupid. They actually had to work at being that stupid. :icon_clap:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually I would think a reborn StarGate series would use probably have a bridge to SG-1 and maybe one of the original cast in it (as the commander or such).

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Actually I would think a reborn StarGate series would use probably have a bridge to SG-1 and maybe one of the original cast in it (as the commander or such).

Actually, I think Emmerich and Devlin had something different in mind. Would it surprise you to know that they had also been the source of Atlantis' premise? Emmerich wrote a story called Necropolis: City of the Dead which was about a spaceship buried under the Great Pyramid. Brad Wright seems to co-opted that idea in a large part to create Atlantis. Then he "borrowed" once again but this time from NuBSG for Stargate Universe.

Having said that, I think that a clean break from SG-1, Atlantis and anything from the TV series from Brad needs to be rebooted or re-imagined. Just my opinion! I dont want my beloved SG-1 ruined by these new emo writers. What if they make Jack a female, Sam a male and give Teal'c's role to Cameron Diaz? :facepalm:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I don't think enough time has elapsed for anything to be done with the series. Making a movie sequel makes better sense to me.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Precisely. And because they don't know that, they also don't know that Devlin/Emmerich specifically expressed strong disdain for Brad Wright's take on Stargate. So much so that they refused to allow Brad to give them any credits on the shows. What kills me is that the SGU kids are far more organized and vocal than the regular Stargate fans. :( But no amount of organization or clamoring from that tiny group will ever revive SGU or any movie to continue the story. When Stargate returns (and it will), it will most likely be written as though none of the series ever existed.
and thats a GOOD thing imo!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
and thats a GOOD thing imo!

I agree! I did like the new SG-1 Daniel better than the movie Daniel, but I really never thought of the SG-1 Jack as being the same character as the one from the movie. The newer Daniel was very much like the movie Daniel except more interesting. The addition of Sam Carter was interesting, but I wished they had brought her in as a civilian scientist like Daniel was. She was too smart to be active duty Air Force (ever met a flyboy or flygirl?). They just don't have that sort of brainpower in the military ranks.

Bottom line is that new movies need to come from the ORIGINAL creators. It needs to get back to the Egyptian theme. It needs to lose the Asgard and the Wraith and the Tok'ra and even the "secret" earth space ships. Those came after Enterprise was canceled, and they were put in the show to gather up the orphaned Star Trek fans in the same fashion as when Stargate became a story about a spaceship trying to find its way home/to God/etc when BSG ended.

We will always have our old shows to watch. :) I do hope they give cameos to James Spader and Kurt Russel.

Oh, and the original Stargate design must be used!

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
It looks like someone named "Hermione Hairpie" has set those SGU fans straight. :icon_mrgreen:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

That's what shocks me about these people, I mean, you'd think that scifi fans (SGU wasn't scifi admittedly) would be intelligent enough to figure out that they can't just take someone else's copyrighted material and produce their own version of it. Seriously, it's shockingly stupid. They actually had to work at being that stupid. :icon_clap:

nothing more fun boys than trashing sgpoo...unless it's trashing the sgpoo-ers! :daniel_new_anime021 thanks for the walk down memory lane! :wink:

Actually, I think Emmerich and Devlin had something different in mind. Would it surprise you to know that they had also been the source of Atlantis' premise? Emmerich wrote a story called Necropolis: City of the Dead which was about a spaceship buried under the Great Pyramid. Brad Wright seems to co-opted that idea in a large part to create Atlantis. Then he "borrowed" once again but this time from NuBSG for Stargate Universe.

Having said that, I think that a clean break from SG-1, Atlantis and anything from the TV series from Brad needs to be rebooted or re-imagined. Just my opinion! I dont want my beloved SG-1 ruined by these new emo writers. What if they make Jack a female, Sam a male and give Teal'c's role to Cameron Diaz? :facepalm:

lightening would be called down from on high!!!! :tealc-gun02::tealcanime23::docianime15:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
nothing more fun boys than trashing sgpoo...unless it's trashing the sgpoo-ers! :daniel_new_anime021 thanks for the walk down memory lane! :wink:

LOL, the good ol days. :) Believe it or not, many of these kids think that when Stargate returns, that showrunners will be looking to continue SGU! Dear Lord, what sort of drugs does one need to take to lose all sense of logic and reason? SG-1 = 10 years running + HUGE fanbase = Advertising $$$. Stargate Atlantis + EVEN BIGGER fanbase = 5 years running = Advertising $$$. Stargate Universe = 2 years running (but was canceled after a year and a half) + less than 1mil viewers = Laughter = Bitch Please.

lightening would be called down from on high!!!! :tealc-gun02::tealcanime23::docianime15:

Cameron Diaz with the big 'ol medallion on her head. Wait, perhaps they should hire Elyse Levesque instead? How did Robbie put it...a FIVEhead? :highly_amused:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
LOL, the good ol days. :) Believe it or not, many of these kids think that when Stargate returns, that showrunners will be looking to continue SGU! Dear Lord, what sort of drugs does one need to take to lose all sense of logic and reason? SG-1 = 10 years running + HUGE fanbase = Advertising $$$. Stargate Atlantis + EVEN BIGGER fanbase = 5 years running = Advertising $$$. Stargate Universe = 2 years running (but was canceled after a year and a half) + less than 1mil viewers = Laughter = Bitch Please.

Cameron Diaz with the big 'ol medallion on her head. Wait, perhaps they should hire Elyse Levesque instead? How did Robbie put it...a FIVEhead? :highly_amused:

:icon_rotflmao:

lady_maneth

Transmural feline
Just to point out that not all SGU fans are immature kids... I'm not clamoring for more of the same, but I will admit publicly that I enjoyed the two seasons we got and that I was sad (sad mind, not devastated) that it got canceled.

That said, I can't see anything wrong with fan films being made, far bigger franchises, such as Star Trek and Star Wars have them. As long as they're not making money from them (e.g. infringing on the creators' copyrights) I really don't see what the fuss is...

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
^it's cool, I like some of the Stargate Atlantis and SG-1 fanwork, some of the fan fiction.

I saw Looper and Cloud Atlas.

If you look past the illogical scheme of time travel they did in Looper, it's a pretty decent movie.

Cloud Atlas was ok, I was expecting something a little deeper. It was a bit pretentious and tried to sell itself to be deeper than it really was. I did like the futuristic dystopian city scenes though.

Saw around the internets they're making another Hasbro board game movie even though Battleship tanked. Transformers gave em too much money and influence it seems, people need to stop watching that crap and validating crap.

Since Heisenberg isn't here to provide newsy stuff, I'll try, all from the same site though:

http://screenrant.com/arnold-schwarzenegger-legend-conan-ten-2013-images/
Arnie going back to being Conan in a sequel, didn't see the Momoa one, heard around the internets it was bad.

http://screenrant.com/shield-tv-show-joss-whedon-ming-na-wen/
SGU lady going to star in the Marvel Shield tv show apparently.

http://screenrant.com/mass-effect-movie-new-writer/
Never played the game, but apparently this game is possibly getting a movie. I think God of War is as well.

http://screenrant.com/evil-dead-2013-trailer-preview/
Never saw it so can't say much, has a preview trailer though.

http://screenrant.com/assassins-creed-movie-new-regency/
Another video game based movie.

http://screenrant.com/mark-bomback-rewriting-dawn-planet-apes/
Wonder what happened to the previous writer, don't know why they'd want to change things considering how well the last movie was received, especially the writer since most of the praise seemed to be reflective of the writing.

OMNI

Just to point out that not all SGU fans are immature kids... I'm not clamoring for more of the same, but I will admit publicly that I enjoyed the two seasons we got and that I was sad (sad mind, not devastated) that it got canceled.

That said, I can't see anything wrong with fan films being made, far bigger franchises, such as Star Trek and Star Wars have them. As long as they're not making money from them (e.g. infringing on the creators' copyrights) I really don't see what the fuss is...
yes they are and their taste in entertainment is atrocious as is yours.

lady_maneth

Transmural feline
Rubbish. I may feel differently about SGU compared to most other members on this board including yourself, but that doesn't mean it's worthless. I never got the feeling this board tried to limit people's opinions in any way.

OMNI

Rubbish. I may feel differently about SGU compared to most other members on this board including yourself, but that doesn't mean it's worthless. I never got the feeling this board tried to limit people's opinions in any way.
yes. yes it does.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
mansquito_poster_01.jpg