Under The Dome - Anybody watching this show?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
EDIT: Crawler found it:

Looks AWESOME to me! But I think if what they are saying about being the last humans is going to be true, that might be kinda lame. :( That meteor shower thing didn’t look like it was minor.

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
CSI Botox chick is the "leader", so I fear we in in for a long road with her. I can see them knocking her down a peg but I think she is "Khan" to Julia's "Kirk".

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Episode 5

Oh sheez. :facepalm:. Why have they suddenly thrust Christine in the center of the whole damned plot? Did she strike some particularly good contract deal for this season? I despise her character, not in the way I love to hate Jim Rennie or Junior. Jim is so over the top he is supposed to be hated and he is a decent villain. :) Christine I despise in a completely different way. Like, I would see her bossing everyone around and I would just say out loud "Why did they put this bitch in the show? Get rid of her!". I don't even like looking at her:

View attachment 31327

Suddenly, she can control everyone in the town? Who is she recording her voice notes for? They need to move past Christine quickly and get her out of this show. Eva is a good addition, but not as future alien mommy. I really reeeeeealy hope they are not going to do one of those fast growing insta-alien babies with power.

NOTE TO YONGJIN:

Missed the footage you saw, since it was not part of the download I got. Does it show the earth being destroyed or something?

it implies the earth's destruction complete with (somebody) dialogue saying "Chester mills is the last place safe on earth.."

it showed ppl clamoring to get into the dome and Jim trying to show them how to get in--implying that there is another entrance to the dome that is on the dome, another besides the one on Barbie's homestead--then a wall of flames consuming them all

also showed quick footage of a scorched planet

but it could just be a ploy-mind trick-by Christine/Aliens to get Big Jim to comply?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
EDIT: Crawler found it:

Looks AWESOME to me! But I think if what they are saying about being the last humans is going to be true, that might be kinda lame. :( That meteor shower thing didn’t look like it was minor.

just think of the possibilities! the Dome could be become spaceship Chester Mills! and all the shipping is already in place!!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Episode 5

Suddenly, she can control everyone in the town? Who is she recording her voice notes for? They need to move past Christine quickly and get her out of this show. Eva is a good addition, but not as future alien mommy. I really reeeeeealy hope they are not going to do one of those fast growing insta-alien babies with power.

I believe she is controlling with the help of the oxytocin/time in cocoon for all (besides Big Jim and Julia), the use of active suggestion and some other alien mind trick

seems they plan on making the town hall a new cocoon--to prepare for post apocalyptic times?
--- merged: Jul 20, 2015 at 1:03 PM ---
Episode 5

I believe she is controlling with the help of the oxytocin/time in cocoon for all (besides Big Jim and Julia), the use of active suggestion and some other alien mind trick

seems they plan on making the town hall a new cocoon--to prepare for post apocalyptic times?

Last edited by a moderator:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
it implies the earth's destruction complete with (somebody) dialogue saying "Chester mills is the last place safe on earth.."

it showed ppl clamoring to get into the dome and Jim trying to show them how to get in--implying that there is another entrance to the dome that is on the dome, another besides the one on Barbie's homestead--then a wall of flames consuming them all

also showed quick footage of a scorched planet

but it could just be a ploy-mind trick-by Christine/Aliens to get Big Jim to comply?

That kinda ruins everything if they go there, IMO. It means that the whole premise of being "trapped" becomes one of being "protected", and it makes the show apocalyptic instead of mysterious. How good would Voyager have been if it was actually the last earth ship instead of just lost in the Delta quadrant?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
CSI Botox chick is the "leader", so I fear we in in for a long road with her. I can see them knocking her down a peg but I think she is "Khan" to Julia's "Kirk".

I did not watch CSI after season 2 so I don't get the hype for Marg Helgenberger. She is very annoying and off-putting in UTD. They put her in there and made her the center of the story instead of the egg, but the egg had better acting skills. :)

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
I did not watch CSI after season 2 so I don't get the hype for Marg Helgenberger. She is very annoying and off-putting in UTD. They put her in there and made her the center of the story instead of the egg, but the egg had better acting skills. :)
She must be one of those "darlings" of an network exec like Kim Delaney, they throw here in hit shows and feed her main storylines she can't handle and pretty much ruins the show because of it. She (MH)was a pretty woman back in China Beach and beginning of CSI and then she started hitting the knife and going Botox crazy. I feel sorry for her because her wardrobe has not changed since CB and she is same character in all three shows, and now she just looks... off and somewhat almost like an alien.

They have almost written themselves into a hole and I have to wonder if this show is meant to have short lifespan.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
She must be one of those "darlings" of an network exec like Kim Delaney, they throw here in hit shows and feed her main storylines she can't handle and pretty much ruins the show because of it. She (MH)was a pretty woman back in China Beach and beginning of CSI and then she started hitting the knife and going Botox crazy. I feel sorry for her because her wardrobe has not changed since CB and she is same character in all three shows, and now she just looks... off and somewhat almost like an alien.

I looked her up and she was once smokin hot. Her body is still in awesome shape, but her face does not match her neck or her hands. I gotta laugh at your wardrobe comment! Only a girly girl would notice that. :anim_59: Many of the newest shows allow actors to wear their own personal clothing. Perhaps she is just making use of gimme clothes from CSI?

They have almost written themselves into a hole and I have to wonder if this show is meant to have short lifespan.

I think you are right. I bought the book after episode 2 and read it. If they had gone by the book, it should have ended with Big Jim dead and the dome coming down. But instead, they changed the story and it does not follow the book at all. If they are going to destroy the world, then I think the audience will drop off after that. I wont find it as interesting...

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
Some shows should end a good death rather than unravel. Still up in the air but Botox Chick is worrisome. We have most backstories of characters and now a love triangle from a fake cocoon time line and Barbie is a cheatin ass yet, I find myself not caring all that much. Julia should just find a way out and not look back. I think the storyline on Between is more believable in a doomstay lockdown hierarchy and their characters are all under 22.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
last ep a little lame and filler-ish

all we really get to advance is that Christine can be healed if mortally wounded--although not indestructible--just cut her head off next time!

it is also getting a little old with the "I got a gun to your head-hands up!" then" but I now have a gun to your head-get on the floor" to "but those two got us both in their sites" over and over again keystone cop stuff

just start killing some ppl for real and lets move on

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
last ep a little lame and filler-ish

all we really get to advance is that Christine can be healed if mortally wounded--although not indestructible--just cut her head off next time!

it is also getting a little old with the "I got a gun to your head-hands up!" then" but I now have a gun to your head-get on the floor" to "but those two got us both in their sites" over and over again keystone cop stuff

just start killing some ppl for real and lets move on

Im downloading it. Ill comment after watching. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Last episode, they retconned CSI chick Christine into the backstory and made her the center of the show instead of the egg. Damn. :( That is a step way WAY down from the story being told in the first season. Im cooling off about this show now, since they have thrown a bunch of nonsense into it. WHY? Why did they add Christine and Eva into the show? They are ruining everything with the "town cult" shtick.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Last episode, they retconned CSI chick Christine into the backstory and made her the center of the show instead of the egg. Damn. :( That is a step way WAY down from the story being told in the first season. Im cooling off about this show now, since they have thrown a bunch of nonsense into it. WHY? Why did they add Christine and Eva into the show? They are ruining everything with the "town cult" shtick.

yeah "Christine was the first to touch the egg"

no, last season they said Melanie was the first to touch the egg 30yrs ago, didn't they?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
yeah "Christine was the first to touch the egg"

no, last season they said Melanie was the first to touch the egg 30yrs ago, didn't they?

They killed Melanie off for...Christine? Im not understanding that, except that dried up Marg Helgenberger needed a job, and she probably demanded center stage. I don't know, but Im not liking it. That scene with Junior and the whole thing she has with him is just gross to me. And the storyline with Christine being some sort of alien/human experiment is lame. All just my opinions, though. :)

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
I think CSI botox chick has almost killed this show for me. Some are her scenes are so unbelievable it is not jumping the shark, it is jumping a whale.

Ironically, it would have made more sense if Ava was the leader. Also they really "turned" the town way too fast and it feels contrived and awkward and not cult-ish but more bad writing making me do-ish.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think CSI botox chick has almost killed this show for me. Some are her scenes are so unbelievable it is not jumping the shark, it is jumping a whale.

Ironically, it would have made more sense if Ava was the leader. Also they really "turned" the town way too fast and it feels contrived and awkward and not cult-ish but more bad writing making me do-ish.

Adding her into the show has ruined it for me as well. Where they put her in the story is lame. Why her? She is now effectively the center of the show, and her being there takes away from Jim Rennie who I loved to hate. Ava would make a better leader...but there was nothing wrong with Julia being the leader and when you look at Ava and Julia, you see almost the exact same character!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
seems that tonight the stars hit the ground. or so it appears, i have only watched the first 15 mins or so.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
seems that tonight the stars hit the ground. or so it appears, i have only watched the first 15 mins or so.

Im gonna download it now

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Okay, it LOOKS like the apocalypse has happened and everyone outside the dome is pretty much gone. But is that the case? The last 30 seconds of the episode means there are survivors. Why did they do this? I was able to enjoy this episode because Christine was not in it. :)