Under The Dome - Anybody watching this show?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
First two seasons were really good. This season killed it for me.

Shrivelface (aka Marg Helgenberger) ruined the show because they made her the center of it. Eva pushed Julia to the curb too, and with Baby Trope coming, the show is doomed.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Shrivelface (aka Marg Helgenberger) ruined the show because they made her the center of it. Eva pushed Julia to the curb too, and with Baby Trope coming, the show is doomed.

That's why they decided to end it. At least it's getting a real finale, so, we'll have closure.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
First two seasons were really good. This season killed it for me.

yup

i even liked the beginning of this season-i could probably (after a review) point to the minute of the ep where it just got to goofball for me

---------------------------------
and if it did stay on for after the dome came down (they could call it AFTER THE DOME, hows that for creata-tivity?) then there is room on air for an alien invasion show now that FALLING CRAP is over

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

baby trope is going to be full grown, I think this week's ep

check her out--purple dress and sparkly eyes beginning of this trailer

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
maybe this version should have got funded--couldn't have been any worse

That was interesting!

The problem was the deviation from the book (which was good and did not get as wonky as the series). If they had gone by the book, this show would have been a SINGLE season of about 6 episodes. A miniseries would have done it justice. I am still baffled as to why they threw the hag in there and gave her powers to control the ENTIRE town, cause hallucinations, etc. How did touching the egg give her all the knowledge of the Dome and the egg and the birthing of Baby Trope? The really interesting thing is that I came to like Big Jim, Norrie and Joe, and Hunter (and Julia) the best out of the lot. Barbie was cool in season 1, but he became a wimpy emo grunt in the second season.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
That was interesting!

The problem was the deviation from the book (which was good and did not get as wonky as the series). If they had gone by the book, this show would have been a SINGLE season of about 6 episodes. A miniseries would have done it justice. I am still baffled as to why they threw the hag in there and gave her powers to control the ENTIRE town, cause hallucinations, etc. How did touching the egg give her all the knowledge of the Dome and the egg and the birthing of Baby Trope? The really interesting thing is that I came to like Big Jim, Norrie and Joe, and Hunter (and Julia) the best out of the lot. Barbie was cool in season 1, but he became a wimpy emo grunt in the second season.

because the Hag was the first to touch the egg per the retcon

Last edited by a moderator:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
because the Hag was the first to touch the egg per the retcon

The writers assumed everyone forgot that it was actually MELANIE who touched the egg first, decades before the Hag came along. And they cannot say that Melanie was a hallucination because the Hag killed her, and Melanie killed Barbie Sr. and the Asian guy with the skateboard. So if there was a Melanie, then Melanie actually touched the egg first. The Hag was literally thrown into the show and she ruined it. I think it was her pull from being in CSI (which was cancelled), and when she became available, they snatched her up and showcased her.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The writers assumed everyone forgot that it was actually MELANIE who touched the egg first, decades before the Hag came along. And they cannot say that Melanie was a hallucination because the Hag killed her, and Melanie killed Barbie Sr. and the Asian guy with the skateboard. So if there was a Melanie, then Melanie actually touched the egg first. The Hag was literally thrown into the show and she ruined it. I think it was her pull from being in CSI (which was cancelled), and when she became available, they snatched her up and showcased her.

exactly

they say that the old days of stars being "owned" by certain networks/studios are over--probably true in an exact sense

but with the length and complicated contracts they sign, they are still committed to a network in some way

with her, she probably signed a contract for CSI where she promised to commit to the network for "x" number of eps. that number exceeds the length of the show.

She fulfilld her contract by going into UTD

Her agent probably told her" just go into this show, no one watches it, no one will remember it. get done with CBS and then you can move on with someone else"

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay, it's getting good again. :) Baby trope is The Flash. :anim_59:

But the show has been cancelled, and we are already done.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/under-the-dome-cancelled-cbs-season-3-1201582208/

The season-three finale on Sept. 10 will answer many questions about the dome’s origin and power, as two groups of residents will engage in one final conflict that some won’t survive.

All and all, this show was great. It started out with an AWESOME premise and the first season was it's best. This (I think) is because it followed the (good) story in the book. The showrunners ruined this by trying to make it into a serialized drama instead of the short strange story it should have been. This was a one season show. Perhaps even a miniseries like The Stand. They stretched it too far and when they dropped the Hag in there and Baby Trope, it was a goner.

And, it's gone.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
did you notice (i mean how could you not?) how hard they tried in the last 15mins or so to plant all those 'seeds'?

that is, to try to make it enticing so that some (like say those who wanted SGU back?) will undoubtedly push to get the show back (in some form,somewhere)

PVT Jenkins rescuing Joe--Congressman Big Jim, his aide and his NSA plant (they reminded me of some weak attempt to form a super secret "last hope for humanity" rescue squad)
and of course, Baby Trope still alive and finding another egg

Didn't convince me though--the show is rightfully dead

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
did you notice (i mean how could you not?) how hard they tried in the last 15mins or so to plant all those 'seeds'?

that is, to try to make it enticing so that some (like say those who wanted SGU back?) will undoubtedly push to get the show back (in some form,somewhere)

PVT Jenkins rescuing Joe--Congressman Big Jim, his aide and his NSA plant (they reminded me of some weak attempt to form a super secret "last hope for humanity" rescue squad)
and of course, Baby Trope still alive and finding another egg

Didn't convince me though--the show is rightfully dead

I just finished up the last episode. I had downloaded eps 11, 12 and 13 but I did not watch it fully until now. They were NOT planning to end this show. They were planning to bring up another dome, in another city, and have the "Team" (consisting of Big Jim, Julia, Barbie and Norrie and probably Joe) go with their previous knowledge in order to deal with the new dome. But I took it as an ending and Im happy with it. They did tie up the story, so it would have been a case of Wash, Rinse, Repeat. Also, I was not ready for sassy Dawn.

Good show, and we still got an "ending"!

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I have 3 more eps to watch of season 3 and I am having a hard time not puking watching it . Just 3 more to stomach through and it will be all over ... OMG the friggin back and forth personality love interest switching with all the characters is driving me nuts ffs ...

:smiley-015::smiley-015::smiley-015:

;) ;) ;)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I have 3 more eps to watch of season 3 and I am having a hard time not puking watching it . Just 3 more to stomach through and it will be all over ... OMG the friggin back and forth personality love interest switching with all the characters is driving me nuts ffs ...

:smiley-015::smiley-015::smiley-015:

;) ;) ;)

Season 3 went completely off the rails. I'm not sure what they were thinking.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Well that last ep was actually quite good . But on another note thank goodness its over with ... Sheeese ...
;) ;) ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well that last ep was actually quite good . But on another note thank goodness its over with ... Sheeese ...
;) ;) ;)

You can see they were hoping to do a rerun in a different town, right? Yeah. riiiiight! They were done as soon as Hag came on the show.