Under The Dome - Anybody watching this show?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Okay, it LOOKS like the apocalypse has happened and everyone outside the dome is pretty much gone. But is that the case? The last 30 seconds of the episode means there are survivors. Why did they do this? I was able to enjoy this episode because Christine was not in it. :)

this seems to be the next "turn" for the plot= struggle in the Dome while making contact with other survivors,obviously connected to Axion corp some way.

but i am still hedging the whole thing is a mind trick pulled by christine while in her healing pod (why is it they have a pod that can heal a mortal wound but cant heal an injured spine?)-an attempt to bring the non lemmings into co-operation with one another--but just a hedge

and back to the way in/out of dome--yes,the red door took them in via the lake, but i dont think they ever showed the way out. when science guy told Ji he would show him out, jim was excited, but jim already knows about the red door/lake passage, he could have taken it any time.

------------------------------

i think Marge who ever she is must have been given the part due to some leftover contract obligations for either her or CBS to fulfill from her CSI days-can't see any other reason why they got rid of Melanie actress for her

and how dumb? melanie comes back from a 30 yr old death for a 2nd life just to get punked and choked out by a mid aged woman? doesn't make sense. Mel as alien= she had far more 'seniority' has she touched the egg 30 yrs ago

no way this was written/planned, instead this was making a spot for an old actress to have another go

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
this seems to be the next "turn" for the plot= struggle in the Dome while making contact with other survivors,obviously connected to Axion corp some way.

but i am still hedging the whole thing is a mind trick pulled by christine while in her healing pod (why is it they have a pod that can heal a mortal wound but cant heal an injured spine?)-an attempt to bring the non lemmings into co-operation with one another--but just a hedge

What?!?! My "hedge" paid off

if only i had some money on it!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
What?!?! My "hedge" paid off

if only i had some money on it!

That was a spoiler (cause I have not seen it) :), but you are forgiven. I was going to not watch anymore.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
That was a spoiler (cause I have not seen it) :), but you are forgiven. I was going to not watch anymore.

my "prediction success" aside, the show is getting quite predictable isn't it?

the season goes for like 20 eps right? if so, just how the hell are they going to fill the rest of them? maybe we will have a whole other slew of characters who were hiding in a broom closet for "the last 3 weeks" (notice how they are making that an emphasis this season? that it has only been 3 weeks?, last season they barely mentioned how long it has been)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
ok, getting really bad and "formulaic" and trope

and---to answer all of our prayers for a miracle b_ _ y (blanks inserted so as not to be the spoiler :icon_lol:)--it appears we may have one!!!

:smiley-015:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
ok, getting really bad and "formulaic" and trope

and---to answer all of our prayers for a miracle b_ _ y (blanks inserted so as not to be the spoiler :icon_lol:)--it appears we may have one!!!

:smiley-015:

Oh wow, what a surprise. :icon_neutral: I have not seen this latest episode yet, but I saw that coming. Eva and Barbie, right? This is the beginning of the end. The baby will 100% have some sort of powers or be part alien or some dumb shit. The "miracle baby" trope usually marks the very end of a show. Look at Elizabeth in the original V. Then again in the newer V series, then Lexi. For me, they ruined the show when they added in Marge Helgenberger (Christine). Nothing in the show matters much now. But I will keep watching...

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Oh wow, what a surprise. :icon_neutral: I have not seen this latest episode yet, but I saw that coming. Eva and Barbie, right? This is the beginning of the end. The baby will 100% have some sort of powers or be part alien or some dumb shit. The "miracle baby" trope usually marks the very end of a show. Look at Elizabeth in the original V. Then again in the newer V series, then Lexi. For me, they ruined the show when they added in Marge Helgenberger (Christine). Nothing in the show matters much now. But I will keep watching...

yeah, and the soon to come "Queen" already as a hand picked "coven" of female attendants

it seems to be getting very very bizarre

maybe they should have kept King on board....

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
yeah, and the soon to come "Queen" already as a hand picked "coven" of female attendants

I don't think they're attendants. When James objected to his choice of mate being in that coven, Christine promised him that "she won't feel a thing".

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I don't think they're attendants. When James objected to his choice of mate being in that coven, Christine promised him that "she won't feel a thing".
So, they are...food?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I watched Episode 9, and it was not bad IMO. I thought the whole thing with Barbie being beaten and tortured back to normal was over the top, and the unexplained thing with Norrie and Joe taking Sam back to the funeral home was just dumb. Still very annoyed with Christine, and now I want to see Eva die too. But then, who will birth the wondrous alien/human Dome Queen? :facepalm:

The best part of it was Julia getting Barbie back.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

at this point they can be called whatever/who the F cares.

this show built up to being a fairly decent one in its first 2 seasons and know I think they must have set the record in how to destroy a show in the shortest time possible

when we complain about H-wood writers not having an imagination, well, this is apparently all they are capable of when they do 'imagine'. This show and stuff like falling skies

if it isn't from a well written book, they just can't come up with anything on their own worth a damn

hey, maybe we do want them to stick with remakes after all?

Bluce Ree

I think they must have set the record in how to destroy a show in the shortest time possible

SGU - S01E01
V (reboot) - mid season 1
Falling Skies - mid season 2

Just 3 off the top of my head. :icon_lol:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
SGU - S01E01
V (reboot) - mid season 1
Falling Skies - mid season 2

Just 3 off the top of my head. :icon_lol:

ok smarty pants!

fastest for a CBS show! so there! nah,nah nah nah

besides,for CBS even JERICHO did not get this goofball this fast

Bluce Ree

ok smarty pants!

fastest for a CBS show! so there! nah,nah nah nah

besides,for CBS even JERICHO did not get this goofball this fast

Viva Laughlin - canceled after 2 episodes.
Manimal - canceled after 8 episodes.
:D

Bluce Ree

There was no way to stretch this out any further. The dome is calcifying and it had already been established that all they can do is find a way to shatter the dome to get out. Once they're out, all you have is an invasion story with a title that is no longer applicable.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
There was no way to stretch this out any further. The dome is calcifying and it had already been established that all they can do is find a way to shatter the dome to get out. Once they're out, all you have is an invasion story with a title that is no longer applicable.

you are being way too forgiving--THE SHOW SUCKS!