Under The Dome - Anybody watching this show?

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Just finished watching episode 10 . We started watching from 7 onward to get a bit of a refresher . Gonna watch the rest of SO1 tomorrow night . I got a girlfriend of mine hooked on it also . Still lovin that cow being sliced for bbq pitt ,,,... Yummy . Thats the first thing I would of eaten in that town . Bunch of panic panzies ,,,... I was just flying in my friends plane on Friday . Kinda glad we did not whack into anything lol . Weather was perfect and I got to do lot's of the flyin . It's funny too cuz he flies VFR and I fly IFR yet I don't have a license . When I'm with him we kinda get lost up there so I have to help find our way back . Too funny . He has a VFR map and I use the gauges to find where we are such as the NDB signal or VOR signal or a DMI signal . It's so easy though he never uses those methods of navigational flight . Don't think I would go flying if I did not have at least some understanding of IFR flight .
Anyways ,,, back to the show !!!

Woohoo . Go Dome Go

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Woohoo !!!. Up to ep 12 . OMG . Wow . This show is gettin crazy !!!

Never trust a used car salesman really comes into play in this show :) :) :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Woohoo !!!. Up to ep 12 . OMG . Wow . This show is gettin crazy !!!

Never trust a used car salesman really comes into play in this show :) :) :)

I like this show a lot. :) I like how they redeemed Big Jim. NOTHING like the story. But that means I can stop comparing the book to this show.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Episode 3, heavy Microsoft Surface product placement...over the top.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I think I'm in love with that red head . My wife is a read head but her hair has always been short and cute . Not big and well just huge like our little monarch
:) :) :) .
Up to SO2-02 .
Man I'm so sad about officer Helen . Just love her raspy sexy voice .

And OMG . Characters you care about !!! . There's not a one here that you want to die . Well maybe big Jim but he kinda keeps things on edge and is an awesome slime ball murdering power hungry maniac . No way are they gonna kill him off !
What's wrong with these writers lol . They are good that's what .

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
So I watched the newest ep I DVR'd last night

As soon as the crazy barber guy started getting preachy and mentioned the rapture, I turned it off--another show down the tubes from pandering to the US religious crowd :moody:

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Based on what I am from I've seen in the ads, this looks like a bit of lame show. At least, the way that channel 10 advertises it, I mean wow the dome becomes magnetic and it looks like a rip off from the simpsons. Although, from what I've heard Stephen King wrote the story ages ago.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Based on what I am from I've seen in the ads, this looks like a bit of lame show. At least, the way that channel 10 advertises it, I mean wow the dome becomes magnetic and it looks like a rip off from the simpsons. Although, from what I've heard Stephen King wrote the story ages ago.

It's actually pretty good. You need to see the very first episode (actually the whole season) to understand it. This is serial, and every episode advances the story. It is not vague and disjointed like Falling Skies or Defiance, everything has a "reason" and things are interconnected over a period since before the Dome and after it went up. The book and ths show are close only about two thirds of the way (in the book). This show deviates from the book after that and takes a new direction. If we were going by the book, the Dome would have come down by now. The story of Season 2 is not in the book. King is involved in the writing of this show.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
So I watched the newest ep I DVR'd last night

As soon as the crazy barber guy started getting preachy and mentioned the rapture, I turned it off--another show down the tubes from pandering to the US religious crowd :moody:

Try a few more eps . It picks up after that ! . It's got the usual stupid holliwierd relationships crap but once they get you past the love interest's it's actually not that bad . Things really get crazy with Big Jim lol .

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
It's actually pretty good. You need to see the very first episode (actually the whole season) to understand it. This is serial, and every episode advances the story. It is not vague and disjointed like Falling Skies or Defiance, everything has a "reason" and things are interconnected over a period since before the Dome and after it went up. The book and ths show are close only about two thirds of the way (in the book). This show deviates from the book after that and takes a new direction. If we were going by the book, the Dome would have come down by now. The story of Season 2 is not in the book. King is involved in the writing of this show.

Yes, it is a pretty straight forward, on task (being the issue of the dome is the only issue). It does have some mildly irritating tweaks and shipping but I expect that from every show these days

Like the ep when they crop dusted and Barbie flew the plane. I would believe that big Jim had experience way before I would buy off on Barbie. Barbie said he should fly it since he had "experience flying in bad situations" referring to his time in the Army. He wasn't a pilot, didn't they say or infer that he was an Infantry officer?

-----------------------------
What is it with Stephen King, narcissism? Does he HAVE to appear in everything?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Try a few more eps . It picks up after that ! . It's got the usual stupid holliwierd relationships crap but once they get you past the love interest's it's actually not that bad . Things really get crazy with Big Jim lol .

I was kidding....

I watched it all and I watched last season when it was on.

It is at least a better show then DEFIANCE --so that's me giving UTD TPTB's a lot of room to descend into shi&ville :icon_lol:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Yes, it is a pretty straight forward, on task (being the issue of the dome is the only issue). It does have some mildly irritating tweaks and shipping but I expect that from every show these days

Like the ep when they crop dusted and Barbie flew the plane. I would believe that big Jim had experience way before I would buy off on Barbie. Barbie said he should fly it since he had "experience flying in bad situations" referring to his time in the Army. He wasn't a pilot, didn't they say or infer that he was an Infantry officer?

-----------------------------
What is it with Stephen King, narcissism? Does he HAVE to appear in everything?

Hell yah Barbi can fly !!! he be super man . I thought that sucked too . He had to be the hero ,,,whoopy . And the planes wing touching !!! . Hello !!! Uh ,,,friggin wind will flip you around never mind and invisible dome de dome

:) :) :)

Ah what the hell else are you gonna watch anyway ,,,the news ??? . Nothing good there . Just hardship ,debt and death . :( :( :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I was kidding....

I watched it all and I watched last season when it was on.

It is at least a better show then DEFIANCE --so that's me giving UTD TPTB's a lot of room to descend into shi&ville :icon_lol:

I knew you watched this show. :) I discovered it by accident, much like Continuum before it came to Syfy (Season 1). I was so taken by the premise (and the cool cow sliced in half!) that I started watching, and I was hooked. Even when the butterflies and the mysterious mini-dome thing happened, along with the "laying of hands" and the chosen "Butterfly Queen" (Monarch?), it was still fascinating. They ended last season great.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Do you guys remember Steven King novels being made into mini movies or short dramas ? I think It was one and the Langaliers was another. . If I remember correctly there was absolutely no boinking or love interest thing happening in those shorts or am I remembering incorrectly . It just seems like every new show on TV has to have a few boink scenes now .
Maybe I'm just a grumpy old man but it really is getting so irritatingly story killing in my honest opinion .
But you have to admit , Continuum has very few boinks from the boinkometer so that show rocks .
I should also ask if you kids don't mind the boinking .?
Do you find it is a good addition to the story telling ?
Do you enjoy seeing the bare backs of actors ?
Do you enjoy the fake kissing ?
Do you like the little chats after the boink ?
Does seeing a closet boink make your stomach curl ?

Hey ,,, don't get me wrong . I'm all for boinking but these shows are just getting rediculus . The art of acting is now also the art of boinking on air .
We are humans ,,, we boink ,,, we get it already ,,,
Stop reminding us every freeking 20 mins or less .
I must say though that The 100 gets my top vote for having the most rediculus drop your pants boinking scenes I think I ever saw !!!. Makes the closet boink look amature lol
Sheeesze !!!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Do you guys remember Steven King novels being made into mini movies or short dramas ? I think It was one and the Langaliers was another. . If I remember correctly there was absolutely no boinking or love interest thing happening in those shorts or am I remembering incorrectly . It just seems like every new show on TV has to have a few boink scenes now .
Maybe I'm just a grumpy old man but it really is getting so irritatingly story killing in my honest opinion .
But you have to admit , Continuum has very few boinks from the boinkometer so that show rocks .
I should also ask if you kids don't mind the boinking .?
Do you find it is a good addition to the story telling ?
Do you enjoy seeing the bare backs of actors ?
Do you enjoy the fake kissing ?
Do you like the little chats after the boink ?
Does seeing a closet boink make your stomach curl ?

Hey ,,, don't get me wrong . I'm all for boinking but these shows are just getting rediculus . The art of acting is now also the art of boinking on air .
We are humans ,,, we boink ,,, we get it already ,,,
Stop reminding us every freeking 20 mins or less .
I must say though that The 100 gets my top vote for having the most rediculus drop your pants boinking scenes I think I ever saw !!!. Makes the closet boink look amature lol
Sheeesze !!!

It does get annoying for me, but only when the boinking (or violence, or other "wow" thing) has nothing to do with what is going on in the main plot. It the boinking is an integral part of the story, then fine

Do American--and I guess Canadian, actors still do "fake boinking" when doing a "LoVe scene"? I am not sure. I have read that many actors want very big bucks to even take their shirt off

also, I guess that the ratings boards consider not just what is depicted but they also want to now how the scene was filmed; "real" sex vs pretend sex

In a way, it is just another example of the 'fakeness' of americans and the illusions portrayed-all in the name of making money. These sex scenes may be pointless to me and you, but they can be confusing and place high expectations on teens and younger kids.

More and more, it is the easy "go to" to get ratings--to wit, syfy's attempts in their new thursday night line up

Last edited:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

Oh, that's right! Steven King is involved. I'm looking forward to the introduction of the haunted lamp monster, a giant talking spider and maybe a devil that spreads mediocrity by cursing his victims with banality.

I still like this show, though.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Oh, that's right! Steven King is involved. I'm looking forward to the introduction of the haunted lamp monster, a giant talking spider and maybe a devil that spreads mediocrity by cursing his victims with banality.

I still like this show, though.

don't forget the killer clown

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Wow, are the tptb;s really playing to the fears of the american christian right!

The whole rapture thing and to fear science (via the teacher and Jim's scientific approach to thinning the herd) is precisely right up the alley of most southern baptists (as well as some others)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wow, are the tptb;s really playing to the fears of the american christian right!

The whole rapture thing and to fear science (via the teacher and Jim's scientific approach to thinning the herd) is precisely right up the alley of most southern baptists (as well as some others)

Yep. :) The demographics are telling the network that there is a huge audience out there for it.