Tick Tock Tick Tock...Joe? Your SGU fans are waiting for that news you said you would have for them.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I hope it is merely the reworking of the finale into a two hour concluding ep. Or better yet- the last ten eps will be released as part of season 2- Never before seen Episodes!!!! (insert applause here) :P

I just hope whatever they are hoping for falls through and they are crying in their beer by the first of Feb.!

SerenityS

GateFans Member
Well, bleh...
I was hoping against hope it would be some kind of SGA related project, even if it had to be forced on BW. If it is a conclusion to SGU, I guess it makes some kind of sense creatively, but I will just have to be happy that the show itself is still canceled. I just don't see any financial justification whatsoever to making more of a failed project!

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
I'm sure that's not all he would have put into it! I'm sure he would have put alot of hand & neck work into it (as BW stands up, snaps his jaw back into place, brushes the dust of his knees & says "thank you").

The think which bugs me is that everything about BW & JM screams "two-faced, biased, ********** with an agenda based on person gain", this is clearly the case because SGA had better cancellation ratings but was let go (their choice as Briangate tells us) & they never put up a fight to save SGA, even with fan outcry.

Now take SGU! it was rejected by the fandom, split the fandom, is the reason for this site's existence & was ultimately cancelled with EVEN WORSE ratings & has less fan support than SGA ............... yet they are doing every thing they can to bring it back from the dead............ SGU is THEIR OWN creation & the physical embodiment of their pride & ego - that is how they see it too I would imagine. This is also why it is not Stargate! SGA was true-to-form Stargate & they didn't give two shits about it, this show is nothing like the spirit of true-to-form Stargate but they love it as if it were their sick, dying dog.

On a softer, more magnanimous note though, if it is an SGU 2 hour movie to wrap it up then regarding the SGU fans - good for them.

The whole thing boggles the mind doesn't it :psycho:

Im still not seeing the two pronged approach if it a 2hr movie, someone needs to zat this show three times to make sure :sgufan:

I would have thought MGM would be looking closely at the shit storm sgu created and have burned fingers and purses from the cancellation.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I was too...

Well, bleh...
I was hoping against hope it would be some kind of SGA related project, even if it had to be forced on BW. If it is a conclusion to SGU, I guess it makes some kind of sense creatively, but I will just have to be happy that the show itself is still canceled. I just don't see any financial justification whatsoever to making more of a failed project!

I was hoping for that too, but the Atlantis sets are not standing and the actors are working elsewhere. The SGC set is not standing either, so no SG-1 can be done easily. Only the SGU sets are up and ready to be used immediately. But it still doesnt make sense...SGU failed. Why bother with a movie? I couldnt care less how it ends.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Me too!

I hope it is merely the reworking of the finale into a two hour concluding ep. Or better yet- the last ten eps will be released as part of season 2- Never before seen Episodes!!!! (insert applause here) :P

I just hope whatever they are hoping for falls through and they are crying in their beer by the first of Feb.!

I hope it falls through too! Even if its the cheapest way to get something happening, it still COSTS MONEY which will be wasted because its still SGU.

Fizz

GateFans Noob
Hmm, yeah a wrap up movie for SGU is the most likely, I think a mini series might be considered a buit expensive. I can also seeing them try to "sweeten the deal" by trying to make it a semi SGA/SG-1 movie by having Hewlett and Jewel Staite in it and begging RDA and Michael Shanks back one last time, complete with 2 second cameo of Carter commanding the Hammond if ATs Sacntuary schedule can spare her a few hours. Can't see JFlan in the mix though.

That way they can try and cajole SG1/SGA fans back on board to actually sell a few DVDs (since SGU ones have sold really badly) and then claim this is the true "franchise wrap up" they always had in mind after SGU's supposed 5 second arc and possibly make it the only thing that is worse than EATG as a high speed WTF ending.You never know with these things but I can't see any company thinking a lone standign SGU wrap up will make any money, but they might convicne people with SGA/SG-1 cameos (not that those ever helped SGU ratings.) I really hope that doesnt' happen though and they mix the 3 again.

But it seems just as likely that whoever they are talking to about whatever won't pan out. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

PegDIG2004

GateFans Noob
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the not working out thing. I will be one of those Super-Pissed off Atlantis fans if SGU gets Anything more.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I hope you're wrong but never say never

Hmm, yeah a wrap up movie for SGU is the most likely, I think a mini series might be considered a buit expensive. I can also seeing them try to "sweeten the deal" by trying to make it a semi SGA/SG-1 movie by having Hewlett and Jewel Staite in it and begging RDA and Michael Shanks back one last time, complete with 2 second cameo of Carter commanding the Hammond if ATs Sacntuary schedule can spare her a few hours. Can't see JFlan in the mix though.

That way they can try and cajole SG1/SGA fans back on board to actually sell a few DVDs (since SGU ones have sold really badly) and then claim this is the true "franchise wrap up" they always had in mind after SGU's supposed 5 second arc and possibly make it the only thing that is worse than EATG as a high speed WTF ending.You never know with these things but I can't see any company thinking a lone standign SGU wrap up will make any money, but they might convicne people with SGA/SG-1 cameos (not that those ever helped SGU ratings.) I really hope that doesnt' happen though and they mix the 3 again.

But it seems just as likely that whoever they are talking to about whatever won't pan out. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Since BW managed to get two seasons out of SGU, bad as it was, it wouldn't surprise me if he was able to sweet talk MGM into bank rolling a series/franchise finale. Financially I would expect it to be a failure and don't know why anyone with half a brain would piss away money on it. If someone does green light a finale for SGU it won't bother me that much as it will give me another chance to laugh at their financial stupidity. Have at it I say as I can always use a good laugh.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the not working out thing. I will be one of those Super-Pissed off Atlantis fans if SGU gets Anything more.

Yep I think if they do go with sgu and dont do anything for sga and sg1 ill be back on the get the sga movie campaign. if they can do it for this shit they should do the other movies aswell.

PegDIG2004

GateFans Noob
Yep I think if they do go with sgu and dont do anything for sga and sg1 ill be back on the get the sga movie campaign. if they can do it for this shit they should do the other movies aswell.

Exactly! How many times can they kick the Atlantis and SG1 fans in the gut and act like it's perfectly fine?!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

It's funny how there are so many people who want more SGA than there are people who want more SGU, but ******** like BW don't pay attention to that. Insulting is definitely the word to use here.

ginogoneforever

GateFans Noob
Check out this blatant DISinformation, this SG-POO squeedrone is spreading. I challenged him to post a link to the source and he's been mysteriously absent from the thread ever since. He's a longtime pro-SyFy imdb troll:

post.gif
by xxhelterskelterxx 1 day ago[SIZE=-1] (Mon Jan 24 2011 18:11:21) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]Ignore this User | Report Abuse[/SIZE]

Indeed. Starz had quickly come out and hinted that they would take the show, but Syfy quickly nipped that in the bud.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1286039/board/flat/177151381

Tropicana

Council Member
Check out this blatant DISinformation, this SG-POO squeedrone is spreading. I challenged him to post a link to the source and he's been mysteriously absent from the thread ever since. He's a longtime pro-SyFy imdb troll:

Based on this squeedrone's interpretation, s/he can say, SPACE also hinted that they would take the show until they, themselves said no cos well it cost too much and it's not their show to save.

If Starz was interested, they probably came to the same conclusion as SPACE. Torchwood is more successful than SGU, Torchwood have proven themselves they are capable of generating the revenue, unlike SGU. That is why Starz are more than happy to assist Torchwood. SGU have so far proven themselves to be a waste of air time space, time, money and effort.

Also, the squeedrone has no proof that Syfy nipped it in the bud.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Oh my, that thread is full of FAIL. Such delusional know-it-alls. :icon_lol:

At least "xxhelterskelterxx" almost got it right with this line:

by xxhelterskelterxx 2 days ago (Mon Jan 24 2011 12:18:09) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

Well that's because SG-1 was an action adventure, while SGU is at the other end of the sci-fi spectrum in being a character drama.

I take exception to SGU being labeled sci-fi, but that's for a different thread. ;)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
It would be a failure on many MANY levels!

As long as they do NOT send Atlantis to go rescue the misfits to try and gain SGA fans ! That would suck more than a Dyson.

It would be so cynical, so obvious, so transparent and so laughable that it would be an admission of failure by Brad Wright. He has to know this, I mean, think about it, he let's SGA get canceled (encouraged it no doubt) and then when his precious SGU fails he needs to tuck tail between legs and crawl back to the SGA fans that he said he didn't need to begin with, all just to bring a respectable ending to SGU. As "We-told-you-so!"s go, it would be priceless!!!

And can you imagine how all the SGA-hating squee drones at GW would react if SGA had to save the day? It would be hilarious!
:laughing:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
That would cost a small fortune.

I dont see MGM investing that kind of money just after SGU's cancellation. SGU has made the franchise seem less valuable. :(

I wish somebody would pick Stargate up! As long as it isnt Brad and Joe and the others currently in place.

Fizz

GateFans Noob
That would cost a small fortune.

Yup, sure it probably would but Brad Wright is apparently "battling as hard as he never has before" (blech) to save Stargate with something that will "make everyone Very, Very happy, so that lead me to think he's desperate enough to try and persuade investors/MGM/fans that a crossover movie will be the best ending he ever cobbled together before he watches the "The Lost Universe of BattleStarGate" die.

One of the channels could surprise me and Sods Law they will, but anytime I think about another network picking up SGU I laugh. Showtime? They got off the Stargate train a long time ago and have a massively different type of show now. Does it really fit with Dexter, Weeds, United States or Tara or Nurse Jackie or Shameless umm no. Starz, well they are just starting to come into their own, much like Sci-Fi was in 2001, but they've already picked up the much edgier and more awesome Torchwood and are spending tons on that, as well Spartacus is beating a lot of SGU in the ratings, despite being on a way smaller cable network. And they already have several other glossy, edgy shows waiting in the wings (Camelot etc) that they don't need anyone's cast offs right now, it would be bad for their new reputation. AMC wouldn't touch it when they have their own fantasy series doing nearly triple the ratings SGU did at its best, and would never even consider something that didn't have 98% critical adoration or Emmy Winner written all over it. Same with HBO, they've got their own fantasy series either showing or being prepped for production, and they'd eat True Blood before picking up Syfy's scraps. DirecTV? Unlikely.

I wish somebody would pick Stargate up! As long as it isnt Brad and Joe and the others currently in place.

At this point I don't want any new Stargate with these producers at the helm and would prefer it to take a break for a few years until we've all gotten the bad taste out of our mouths and new blood is able to come in and look at what worked and what didn't overall and make a series/film. I'm sure it will happen at some point.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
More...

Reminds me of that Carly Simon song. Anticipation.

The tipper confirmed my statements in the thread regarding Atlantis being on hold with regard to the Atlantis sets being struck in Stage 6 at the Bridge to make room for the new SGU sets. Even more disturbing, the source has also confirmed that they were DESTROYED, not mothballed. There are remnants of the SG-1 sets in Stage 5 and more in Stage 4 for SGU and SG-1.

No Atlantis movie was "in the works" and the proof has been verified. So SGU had nothing to do with it being "put on hold". SGU is what caused all progress on Atlantis to stop...as soon as production began (2008-2009).

This leaves only three possibilities: A re-work of episode 20 to make it a 2-hour movie (finale), a separate 2-hour movie finale, or a short miniseries to wrap up the show. Its really not feasible to do SG-1 or SGA on any level at the moment.

My vote: NONE of it will be done. :)