Tick Tock Tick Tock...Joe? Your SGU fans are waiting for that news you said you would have for them.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
UPDATE: I have been given a tip

Okay, I have received an anonymous tip that Joe and Brad will be receiving a decision on "something" no later than the 31st of this month. It is said to be a "surprise". I dont know how valid my tipper is but he says he is an insider.

We shall see.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Okay, I have received an anonymous tip that Joe and Brad will be receiving a decision on "something" no later than the 31st of this month. It is said to be a "surprise". I dont know how valid my tipper is but he says he is an insider.

We shall see.

hmmm...season 6 of SGA and season 11 of SG-1? :lol:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I'm sure they expect us to be holding our breaths waiting for "The Big Announcement", ha!

We shall see.

Can't wait to see how "big" this announcement will be.
3192526-man-eating-popcorn-while-watching-movie.jpg

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
I think that none of them will show their faces, ESPECIALLY Brad and Rob Cooper. Those two are the most responsible for killing this franchise. I also think that the Cons wont pay for appearances of any of the SGU cast, since the fans dont really care about them (from past Cons)
Being in continental Europe I'm keeping an eye out for the upcoming Fedcon in Germany. Many guests have been confirmed (among them RDA and Paul McGillion), but so far nobody from the cast, crew or production of SGU. It would be the first time for SGU this year. Late announcements always come in, but still I was wondering whether any will dare to show up...

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan

We shall see.

Sounds ominous! a surprise for them crap for us :(

Tropicana

Council Member

We shall see.
A SGU 2 hr direct-to-DVD conclusion perhaps, or maybe an declaration that they screwed up?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Thats what Im thinking.

A SGU 2 hr TV-movie conclusion perhaps, or maybe an declaration that they screwed up?

Thats what Im thinking too...a 2 hr movie to wrap up the show. They cant do anything else easily except that. They could even re-work the cliffhanger episode 20 and make it into a two hour series finale. Like I said, the tip I received says he is an insider but I am not holding my breath. Even if they get the movie, it will still be SGU and therefore it will still suck. :)

Tropicana

Council Member
If the current SGU DVD sales figures are to go by, MGM better be expecting some major losses with the SGU finale if that is indeed the case.

As 60+% of the current SG viewers couldn't care less about SGU, let alone how it will end.

stclare

Thats what Im thinking too...a 2 hr movie to wrap up the show. They cant do anything else easily except that. They could even re-work the cliffhanger episode 20 and make it into a two hour series finale. Like I said, the tip I received says he is an insider but I am not holding my breath. Even if they get the movie, it will still be SGU and therefore it will still suck. :)

This tip, it seems weird to me for them to use the word "surprise". I was expecting BW to go for a movie even if he had to work for free and put his own money into it. that would not be a surprise, a surprise for me would be a third season or an sg1/sga movie!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
They didnt use that word exactly.

This tip, it seems weird to me for them to use the word "surprise". I was expecting BW to go for a movie even if he had to work for free and put his own money into it. that would not be a surprise, a surprise for me would be a third season or an sg1/sga movie!

This person did not use that word. They simply confirmed that there IS indeed something in the works and that Joe saying there would be a decision is the truth this time and not a lie. The reason the sets are still standing is because the crews have been put on hold from striking them until at least Jan 31st.

So, its probably SGU related, not anything else. FYI, this same tipper told me of the cancellation date 3 days before it happened. Lets see...if they are right, I need to start really taking this source seriously. :)

stclare

This person did not use that word. They simply confirmed that there IS indeed something in the works and that Joe saying there would be a decision is the truth this time and not a lie. The reason the sets are still standing is because the crews have been put on hold from striking them until at least Jan 31st.

So, its probably SGU related, not anything else. FYI, this same tipper told me of the cancellation date 3 days before it happened. Lets see...if they are right, I need to start really taking this source seriously. :)

Oh OK!

I still think if a movie is made for sgu and no movie is even greenlighted for sga/sg1, after production of the sgu movie (if it happens) is finished. the sga and sg1 fans will be even madder than they are now.

heisenberg

Earl Grey

oh god...please don't let it be SGU related...Last thing we ever want is that show coming back on air,either as a movie, a 3rd season or as a mini-series. I rather have an SGA miniseries instead!

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan

Well I'd be pleased if something happened, it'd be better than that cliffhanger ending that's coming up. Still it's unlikely given the circumstances but having a small possibility is better than none.

Tropicana

Council Member

Will definitely see what happens next.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You may get your wish after all.

Well I'd be pleased if something happened, it'd be better than that cliffhanger ending that's coming up. Still it's unlikely given the circumstances but having a small possibility is better than none.

Well, given the current circumstances, the only logical project they can do with a minimum of cost is to do an SGU "something". Only the SGU sets are standing in their entirety, and the actors are still under contract. It seems logical to use the fact that there is a cliffhanger in episode 20 as leverage to wrap it up with an SGU two-hour movie. I dont have hard facts other than the set information (from Bridge). Unless there was a considerable investment of cash, I dont see there being anything SG-1 or SGA.

Tropicana

Council Member
Is your source neutral or have an inclination towards anti-SGU may I ask OM1? I'm intrigued by the "something in the works"-aspect.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Neutral.

Is your source neutral or have an inclination towards anti-SGU may I ask OM1? I'm intrigued by the "something in the works"-aspect.

I think that this source is neutral. Just passing information without embellishing it. But there IS something in the works, and Brad is keeping it "close to his vest". It could even be (the horror) a season 3 on a different channel like Starz. Thing is, I dont see the logic in that. The show sucks no matter what channel its on or what day of the week or hour of the day. Why dont they get that?

Now, what if they dumped the remaining season 2 episodes and used new money to fund a drastically changed season 3? I dont see it...its speculation. I just cant imagine what sort of news is coming. Nothing involving continuing SGU makes any sense to me.

Tropicana

Council Member
No, IMO it wouldn't be about a S3. TPTW are insisting nothing is wrong with SGU despite the fact that the ratings are shit, costs a fortune and it's been cancelled, so very unlikely that they are prepared to change anything about SGU, it will be the same ol' bore-snoozefest, no network will take that.

So... something is going down.

Assuming it's strictly about SGU and not about Stargate as a whole; the only thing I could really see happening is some conclusion. It could be a TV movie that Syfy is going to accommodate (not financially) since they still got the remaining 10 episodes to air, what's another 2 hours right? (Or might not be, will need to check with Brian to see what intel he has from Syfy.)

My hunch says a one-off Direct-to-DVD 2 hr conclusion; which I find somewhat amusing if it is indeed the case, cos I can so see 2 hrs of someone explaining that all Rush has to do is, press a button on a console and it will activate the "extreme FTL" and Destiny will "jump" back to Earth in an instant.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Could be...im curious!

No, IMO it wouldn't be about a S3. TPTW are insisting nothing is wrong with SGU despite the fact that the ratings are shit, costs a fortune and it's been cancelled, so very unlikely that they are prepared to change anything about SGU, it will be the same ol' bore-snoozefest, no network will take that.

So... something is going down.

Assuming it's strictly about SGU and not about Stargate as a whole; the only thing I could really see happening is some conclusion. It could be a TV movie that Syfy is going to accommodate (not financially) since they still got the remaining 10 episodes to air, what's another 2 hours right? (Or might not be, will need to check with Brian to see what intel he has from Syfy.)

My hunch says a one-off Direct-to-DVD 2 hr conclusion; which I find somewhat amusing if it is indeed the case, cos I can so see 2 hrs of someone explaining that all Rush has to do is, press a button on a console and it will activate the "extreme FTL" and Destiny will "jump" back to Earth in an instant.

Wouldnt that be something! :) They sure cant use that gate to get home, since Atlantis is on earth (as far as we know), and that would mean that the Atlantis gate would supercede any MW gate on earth. So using the gate to get to earth means that the crew would end up on ATLANTIS! I hope they just show the characters ascending or something, then Destiny blowing up. The end.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

This tip, it seems weird to me for them to use the word "surprise". I was expecting BW to go for a movie even if he had to work for free and put his own money into it.

I'm sure that's not all he would have put into it! I'm sure he would have put alot of hand & neck work into it (as BW stands up, snaps his jaw back into place, brushes the dust of his knees & says "thank you").

that would not be a surprise, a surprise for me would be a third season or an sg1/sga movie!

The think which bugs me is that everything about BW & JM screams "two-faced, biased, lying ********** with an agenda based on person gain", this is clearly the case because SGA had better cancellation ratings but was let go (their choice as Briangate tells us) & they never put up a fight to save SGA, even with fan outcry.

Now take SGU! it was rejected by the fandom, split the fandom, is the reason for this site's existence & was ultimately cancelled with EVEN WORSE ratings & has less fan support than SGA ............... yet they are doing every thing they can to bring it back from the dead............ SGU is THEIR OWN creation & the physical embodiment of their pride & ego - that is how they see it too I would imagine. This is also why it is not Stargate! SGA was true-to-form Stargate & they didn't give two shits about it, this show is nothing like the spirit of true-to-form Stargate but they love it as if it were their sick, dying dog.

On a softer, more magnanimous note though, if it is an SGU 2 hour movie to wrap it up then regarding the SGU fans - good for them.