Tick Tock Tick Tock...Joe? Your SGU fans are waiting for that news you said you would have for them.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ho hum....weeks have now passed since you told those soap fans of SGU that you would have some news for them on the Stargate front. Now, we know you are full of shit, mind you...so we werent expecting anything. But we have been watching you and your blog for this magical solution you are hinting at. Any word from Brad? Course not. :) There wont be anything coming from Brad or anyone at MGM other than the news we already know: Stargate Universe was cancelled.

But on your blog yesterday, you talk about Carl Binder coming to move somebody, and last week you showed a picture of your SUV packed with your stuff. So, there is no SGU movie on the horizon either (thank goodness). So, what are you gonna say to those naive SGU fans who have taken you at your word? Are you gonna tell them that you havent heard anything and that its not likely there will be anything (the truth)? Or, are you gonna break another banana off the bunch to dangle for them? The old one has gotten all brown and icky. :icon_e_wink:

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
No news is good news

You know what's really funny? It looks like they now have to admit they killed Stargate.

Maybe Jan. 31 is the end of the lease and they will start incurring storage costs for the SGU sets. Normally they would be getting ready to start filming early April but it sure looks like they're shutting down. Space has said they have no interest in bankrolling it.

They could just have the last ten episodes "disappear" and collect the insurance. :jackanime14:

JohnSN7

GateFans Noob
It'll be interesting...

It'll be interesting to see if and/or when Brad Wright, Robert Cooper, and Joe Mallozzi show up to any Stargate conventions. If they do, I'm sure they will be asked some hard questions and I'd like to see them try and answer them.

Tropicana

Council Member
It'll be interesting to see if and/or when Brad Wright, Robert Cooper, and Joe Mallozzi show up to any Stargate conventions. If they do, I'm sure they will be asked some hard questions and I'd like to see them try and answer them.
What about the traditional throwing of rotten tomatoes?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I dont think they will show up.

What about the traditional throwing of rotten tomatoes?

I think that none of them will show their faces, ESPECIALLY Brad and Rob Cooper. Those two are the most responsible for killing this franchise. I also think that the Cons wont pay for appearances of any of the SGU cast, since the fans dont really care about them (from past Cons)

Tropicana

Council Member
Not even for a vanity or an ego boost? :P

Oh yes OM1, this morning when I was listening to the song found in my sig, for some reason it reminded me of you and your topic entitled, "BW, you idiot! You got arrogant and destroyed everything" and all topics about Mallozzi that debunks his lies.

Verse 1:
There’s a fire starting in my heart
Reaching a fever pitch, it’s bringing me out the dark
Finally I can see you crystal clear
Go head and sell me out and I’ll lay your shit bare
See how I leave with every piece of you
Don’t underestimate the things that I will do

Verse 2:
Baby I have no story to be told
But I’ve heard one of you
And I’m gonna make your head burn
Think of me in the depths of your despair
Making a home down there
It reminds you of the home we shared

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Cool song!

Not even for a vanity or an ego boast? :P

Oh yes OM1, this morning when I was listening to the song found in my sig, for some reason it reminded me of you and your topic entitled, "BW, you idiot! You got arrogant and destroyed everything" and all topics about Mallozzi that debunks his lies.

I like that song! Im the kinda guy who will just say things point blank to his face, whilst maintaining full eye contact. I know that this also puts my opponent in the same mode, and I like it that way. There are MANY fans like me. If I ever saw Brad at one of those cons on a panel, I would simply ask "Brad, do you realize that Stargate Universe killed the franchise? How much responsibility for that do you take?" :)

You are a very ballsy guy, and being gay doesnt change any of that. Sorta like my gay buddy Paul. He is a man to the bone, very masculine and just happens to be gay. I respect that a lot!

Tropicana

Council Member
Thanks! :icon_e_wink:

IMO, you have to be ballsy to succeed in life. I've always been a team leader and so sometimes yes, I can be a bit cocky, a bit stubborn and self-righteous but damn, you can count on my gut instincts in crisis time for I know when I will win and when I should retreat, thus I rarely lose.

Regarding yourself, I like your self-determination for justice, it's very honourable and noble. :beckettu:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
We share that trait.

Thanks! :icon_e_wink:

IMO, you have to be ballsy to succeed in life. I've always been a team leader and so sometimes yes, I can be a bit cocky, a bit stubborn and self-righteous but damn you can count on my gut instincts in crisis time for I know when I will win, and when I should retreat.

That describes me to a T. If you arent IN control of your life, you are UNDER control. :)

Tropicana

Council Member
Too right.

Since I have a bad habit of being a perfectionist as well, sometimes I get bored of people and their lack of enthusiasm to succeed in life and actually knuckle down and work hard; that shamefully, I will take control and complete the task myself. Sure I delegate tasks out but sometimes waiting for that one person to get the job done is so irritating.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
Not even for a vanity or an ego boast? :P

Adele is freaking awesome live. She's doing a live set on Fearn's radio 1 show on Thursday :)

I thought BW was due to attend a con? I'm sure it came up a few months ago in another thread, did that not happen yet? or am I muddling things up. Comic con would be excellent plenty of unhappy fans there I reckon.

Tropicana

Council Member
You sound like a fellow Virgo. Do you also find it tedious when you have to explain things to people time after time and get frustrated when they just don't get it, even when its simple.
Definitely. In fact, I'm going through that at work for the past few weeks now with a colleague. I think I may have to resort to caning.

I'm a Scorpio and are compatible with Virgos.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
LOL...I should have known.

Definitely. In fact, I'm going through that at work for the past few weeks now with a colleague. I think I may have to resort to caning.

I'm a Scorpio and are compatible with Virgos.

Well, that explains it! Im a Pisces...that must be why I get along so well with you. Scorpio is the match for Pisces according to astrology. :icon_e_wink:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I suspect that many of us will have had birthdays and marriages by the time the truth is known.

The news that Joe Mallozzi referred to about hearing something "next week" (which was three weeks ago) is still not forthcoming. It never will be, as we know...but he wont tell his SGU squeedrone fans the truth. Even in the midst of packing up his office along with all his co-workers, he is still talking "We should hear news on the Stargate front next week!"? Why not just fess up?

What an insect of a man.

Tropicana

Council Member
Maybe he thinks it will make him all mysterious and magical, to have himself fade into the abyss while the squeedrones continue to hang on to every word, thinking, "Any minute now... we will get Stargate news any minute now... if not - maybe the end of this week."

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Of course.

From Joe's blog tonight:

So, you think he read this thread? :P

Both him and Sherry read this forum regularly. Sherry removed her dog video and her name from her blog less than 1 hour after posts on this forum drew attention to them. Joe has feigned facepalms from what he has read here and posted indirect references in his responses to people on his blog. Gateworld reads this forum as well.

Tick Tock Tick Tock....when will his fans start demanding answers NOW? :)