The Walking Dead S6 thread

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i liked this ep -it was a reminder of how things could have gone a couple of seasons ago

and, in all likelihood, closer to how things will go if/when there is an apocalyptic event;that is, ppl will probably be far more helpful to one another then the way we have seen in TWD

so much time/eps have been wasted on interpersonal drama and other bs

to me, this is just getting back to the story that was left hanging in S1

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i liked this ep -it was a reminder of how things could have gone a couple of seasons ago

and, in all likelihood, closer to how things will go if/when there is an apocalyptic event;that is, ppl will probably be far more helpful to one another then the way we have seen in TWD

so much time/eps have been wasted on interpersonal drama and other bs

to me, this is just getting back to the story that was left hanging in S1

Season 1 of The Walking Dead actually had me! I LIKED IT. Enough to buy the game and watch the show. But for me, Lori and Rick and Coral brought me down and Lori literally drove me off like fart stink. :( I could not even hang around long enough to watch her die.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Abe was just creepy in this episode. He has a relationship with Rosita and she seems to really dig him. Be happy you idiot!

The main issue I had was once again the producers took something that in the comic is more "epic" and made it small. In this case Hilltop Colony. In the comics it is physically a lot bigger and has over 200 inhabitants - this looked like it had about 20 inhabitants. Cheapness again?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Abe was just creepy in this episode. He has a relationship with Rosita and she seems to really dig him. Be happy you idiot!

The main issue I had was once again the producers took something that in the comic is more "epic" and made it small. In this case Hilltop Colony. In the comics it is physically a lot bigger and has over 200 inhabitants - this looked like it had about 20 inhabitants. Cheapness again?

Definitely cheapness. There's no reason they couldn't have used more CGI for some wide shots of Hilltop. The same with hiring extras to be in the background. They wouldn't have to do this for every episode of course, but they should have done it to establish credibility in the first episode where we see it though. I mean, from how it looked I'd say they have a population of 20 people, tops.

And yes, the whole Abe thing was creepy and dumb and I really didn't care about his "issues" at all.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Ugh.

What a stupid episode.

Once again everyone goes along with a Rick plan which - once again - is poorly thought out. And the result is a lot of unneeded killing and Maggie and Carol captured. Meanwhile Abraham completes his evolution from a decent character into a hormone addled vapid teenager (who happens to be an Army veteran in his late thirties). Carol is shipped with someone we've never met before so there is no leadup to it and Tara and Denise profess their love for one another despite having the chemistry together of oil and water.

Oh yes, they break into a Savior camp and just start murdering people in their sleep.

Remind me again why any rational or sentient being would follow a plan made by Rick? By now I would think that the moment Rick says "I have a plan" the veterans in the group would flee to the hills.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Ugh.

What a stupid episode.

Once again everyone goes along with a Rick plan which - once again - is poorly thought out. And the result is a lot of unneeded killing and Maggie and Carol captured. Meanwhile Abraham completes his evolution from a decent character into a hormone addled vapid teenager (who happens to be an Army veteran in his late thirties). Carol is shipped with someone we've never met before so there is no leadup to it and Tara and Denise profess their love for one another despite having the chemistry together of oil and water.

Oh yes, they break into a Savior camp and just start murdering people in their sleep.

Remind me again why any rational or sentient being would follow a plan made by Rick? By now I would think that the moment Rick says "I have a plan" the veterans in the group would flee to the hills.

well, morgan did oppose his plan

perhaps, those who took part in the killing may feel remorse and give Morgan his "in" to challenge Rick more effectively?

is the Morgan character in the comics?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I love how they had Rick give his little speech in front of the stain glass window in the church. The gospel according to St. Rick. :rolleye0014:

I think the biggest problem with this episode was the forced writing. There was a blatant attempt to create melodramatic tension between characters. For instance, Abe suddenly treating Rosita like trash was clearly forced, clunky, bad writing.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yep, they basically over the course of two episode did a total 180 in the character of Abraham. Characters that change radically in personality are a hallmark of bad writing. Then again, the idea that any of these people would still follow plans from Rick with his track record puts the show firmly in cartoon land.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The never ending bad writing is just so fatiguing and tedious that I can barely gin up interest in criticizing this show anymore. Week after week, season after season; stupid characters, stupid dialogue, stupid action -- shampoo, rinse, repeat repeat repeat. :rolleye0014:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
some of you may like this movie--RE-KILL, more zombie stuff

this time it is 5 yrs post outbreak--survivors live in fortified hamlets, a new military armed and trained to kill z's is in place and commercials run on tv promoted free sex and childbirth to repopulate as well as ad's for a drug that will keep you from dying and being turned of attacked

its on netflix--didn't get past the first 10 min's or so though

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The never ending bad writing is just so fatiguing and tedious that I can barely gin up interest in criticizing this show anymore. Week after week, season after season; stupid characters, stupid dialogue, stupid action -- shampoo, rinse, repeat repeat repeat. :rolleye0014:

Question...what soap operas ever end? That's right, NONE of them. :sour: :moody: :playful: All My Children went from 1970 to 2011 (unbroken, and unfinished). What was Captain Janeway's most successful show? (Kate Mulgrew)....it was the soap opera Ryan's Hope which ran 14 years from 1975-1989! If it had gone much longer, we might not have had her available for Voyager. :icon_e_surprised:

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Doors. Lots and lots of doors.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
And killer women.....

I guess tonight was filler, because that is what it felt like. Silly filler especially when they got free and instead of escaping decided to hang around and murder everyone. This really does need a laugh track.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
And killer women.....

I guess tonight was filler, because that is what it felt like. Silly filler especially when they got free and instead of escaping decided to hang around and murder everyone. This really does need a laugh track.

I guess the writers decided to hit us over the head with their version of the post-apoc feminist perspective.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
And tonight we got a character death (Denise) purely for shock purposes. Of course they devoted an episode to her beforehand so it wouldn't seem like she was just a redshirt (despite that in fact being the case).

Meanwhile Rosita is already in bed (literally) with Spencer after zero buildup to this romance. Sudden shipping out if the blue is a hallmark of bad writing. Oh, and Eugene is now a member of Rick's "vampire" fighting school, except instead of biting someone in the throat he bites them in the crotch.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The whole "personal cathartic growth moment" for Denise was tedious as was her death. The other bad thing about this episode was the horribly filmed (and directed) gun fight. There was nothing realistic about it, especially the odds. They had to use a bunch of close-up shots to cover up how ridiculous it was.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yes it was just tedious. The whole thing was an attempt (failed) to elevate her above redshirt status. And then there was turning Rosita into a slut totally out of the blue. Kind of like how they had Abraham turn into a hormone addled teen out of the blue.

What is it these writers don't get about the absolute need to SET PLOT DEVELOPMENTS UP? Even daytime soaps do that. When character relationships just "happen" with no setup it is lazy writing.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yes it was just tedious. The whole thing was an attempt (failed) to elevate her above redshirt status. And then there was turning Rosita into a slut totally out of the blue. Kind of like how they had Abraham turn into a hormone addled teen out of the blue.

What is it these writers don't get about the absolute need to SET PLOT DEVELOPMENTS UP? Even daytime soaps do that. When character relationships just "happen" with no setup it is lazy writing.

On the upside, Abe and Sasha are talking about spending the next 30 years together, which is painfully romantic considering Abe dumped Rosita in the blink of an eye. I dunno about you folks but I definitely would enter into a relationship with someone that is capricious, uncaring and selfish when it comes to their romantic entanglements. Nothing like giving one's heart to someone emotionally wishy washy. It keeps things exciting.