The Walking Dead S6 thread

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The cage is in the basement of a house converted into the jail. And yep he just rots there.

Me, I would have had a very public trial followed by burning that stupid bat and hanging Negan. But you know how it works - Kirkman is keeping him alive to use him again later (sigh...).

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The cage is in the basement of a house converted into the jail. And yep he just rots there.

Me, I would have had a very public trial followed by burning that stupid bat and hanging Negan. But you know how it works - Kirkman is keeping him alive to use him again later (sigh...).

Like a Batman villain who breaks out with regularity when the story needs a lift. :rolleye0014: Perhaps Negan will become TWD's answer to the Daleks ala Doctor Who. :icon_lol:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
What it told me is Kirkman is too greedy for his own good - the time has come to wrap up The Walking Dead. Once he did the time jump and showed the communities prospering and rolling back the walkers just leave it off that way, with maybe an issue devoted to what became of each of the main characters.

As to the show, I expect a lot of filler episodes in Season 7 because frankly there isn't enough stuff to do unless they wrap up Negan by mid-season, then do the time jump at mid-season.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
What it told me is Kirkman is too greedy for his own good - the time has come to wrap up The Walking Dead. Once he did the time jump and showed the communities prospering and rolling back the walkers just leave it off that way, with maybe an issue devoted to what became of each of the main characters.

As to the show, I expect a lot of filler episodes in Season 7 because frankly there isn't enough stuff to do unless they wrap up Negan by mid-season, then do the time jump at mid-season.

Do you think they will do a time jump? I just sorta got the impression that now they will really stretch out the Negan story line.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I'm expecting a stretch-a-thon that will make taffy lovers everywhere cry....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Sheez...what the hell happened with TWD cliffhanger? The internet is on fire over it. :) Somebody named Negan killed off a main character, but nobody knows who? Dumb cliffhanger, and desperate hooking behavior from the writers. Can one of you zombies fill me in on why this happened?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Sheez...what the hell happened with TWD cliffhanger? The internet is on fire over it. :) Somebody named Negan killed off a main character, but nobody knows who? Dumb cliffhanger, and desperate hooking behavior from the writers. Can one of you zombies fill me in on why this happened?

What happened? I'll tell ya what happened -- more shitty writing, more bad acting and lots of stupid producing. In short, same old same old. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
What happened? I'll tell ya what happened -- more shitty writing, more bad acting and lots of stupid producing. In short, same old same old. ;)

I understand that fans have created an online petition to force the showrunners to tell them who got killed? Really? BAHAHAHAHA! Season 7 starts on Halloween I think. They will just have to wait. Could they have killed off Rick?

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I understand that fans have created an online petition to force the showrunners to tell them who got killed? Really? BAHAHAHAHA! Season 7 starts on Halloween I think. They will just have to wait. Could they have killed off Rick?

Not Rick. I would have guessed Token but the only Token this season is a big name actor. Still, I wouldn't be surprised.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well, if they follow the comics it will be Glenn. Then again, they had the big fake out on Glenn earlier in the season that got everyone upset. This is all just bad writing. There was zero need for a cliffhanger here.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Rumors seem to be pointing towards Daryl. From what I understand he's not even in the comic books. Loren Cohan (sp?) who plays Maggie said in and interview that her short haircut precedes a really dark period so she might be referencing Glenn. But that could just be a red herring. This show has promised exciting cliffhangers before but has failed to deliver.

apparently the guy who plays Daryl recently sold his house in Atlanta--where they produce TWD

so, whatev's

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
so as I watch this recent bad guys on twd; the wolves, negan and his gang--i wonder how any of them would have fared if they had gone to Terminus?

i think-based on what i have seen of both of these groups-all of them heavily dependant on large group action-that they would have just pissed their pants and died a miserable death in the Terminus slaughter room

Rick and his ppl--especially those who went through Terminus--they are currently acting as if they never experienced those ordeals.as if they were the ones who had been in ALexandria all of the post apocalyptic world

if the TPTB's would play this in the form and fashion THEY CREATED (!!!) then Rick's group would be the dominant force in the area

from and experience factor-the "i have been through a hell of lot of blood and bullshit" angle; their tactical advantages-the way they took out the governor's overwhelming numbers and the hospital group (trained cops remember?) in Atl

they are by far the only group that can operate both in small units and as individuals with deadly success

the way they have been portrayed in these last few eps --except the one where they stormed the survivor's compound and we saw carl and maggie go Manson on their captors-- has been far out of synch with what TPTBs have shown them capable of

I do not buy that they just suddenly lost both tactical prowess and tactical sense JUST because they have a pregnant woman with them. And just why do they need a DR anyhow? Who was it that delivered the last baby in the group? oh yeah-it was a much younger Coral.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
so as I watch this recent bad guys on twd; the wolves, negan and his gang--i wonder how any of them would have fared if they had gone to Terminus?

i think-based on what i have seen of both of these groups-all of them heavily dependant on large group action-that they would have just pissed their pants and died a miserable death in the Terminus slaughter room

Rick and his ppl--especially those who went through Terminus--they are currently acting as if they never experienced those ordeals.as if they were the ones who had been in ALexandria all of the post apocalyptic world

if the TPTB's would play this in the form and fashion THEY CREATED (!!!) then Rick's group would be the dominant force in the area

from and experience factor-the "i have been through a hell of lot of blood and bullshit" angle; their tactical advantages-the way they took out the governor's overwhelming numbers and the hospital group (trained cops remember?) in Atl

they are by far the only group that can operate both in small units and as individuals with deadly success

the way they have been portrayed in these last few eps --except the one where they stormed the survivor's compound and we saw carl and maggie go Manson on their captors-- has been far out of synch with what TPTBs have shown them capable of

I do not buy that they just suddenly lost both tactical prowess and tactical sense JUST because they have a pregnant woman with them. And just why do they need a DR anyhow? Who was it that delivered the last baby in the group? oh yeah-it was a much younger Coral.

For me, The Walking Dead jumped the zombie way back in Season 2.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yes, they are engaging in classic soap opera writing techniques. Part of them is where the "heroes" gain or lose proficiency as required to create "drama".

If we went by the comics, the Wolves would not have survived Terminus. Negan and the Saviors would have broken in using a vehicle and destroyed the whole place right off the bat. The TV Saviors are dumbed down from the comics.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i can't bring my self to make a thread for s7

not really watching it anyhow, watched 3 eps and i'll watch the finale

but i read today that supposedly Coral's dead!!! :)

no more looking at that one eyed blunder

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
What it told me is Kirkman is too greedy for his own good - the time has come to wrap up The Walking Dead. Once he did the time jump.......

Wait....time jump? In The Walking Dead? Seriously? Please elaborate (I have not watched this show in years now).

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Haven't watched this show for several seasons now. I caught the Cliff notes version of last season. From what I can tell the show is still crap.

I'll light a candle for poor Coral though. :moody:

(Just kidding, lol. :icon_lol: I won't shed a tear. My only regret on hearing this news was that it wasn't Rick.)

...so....is there a time jump in it? :) The show is definitely crap, but only because it is a soap opera pretending to be a drama.