The Minty Goodness of Linux Mint.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I find it dam irritating if you log into Youtube , you are also automatically logged into Gmail ... or visa versa ...Bloody hell huh !

:cylon-pancarte04::cylon-pancarte04::cylon-pancarte04:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I find it dam irritating if you log into Youtube , you are also automatically logged into Gmail ... or visa versa ...Bloody hell huh !

:cylon-pancarte04::cylon-pancarte04::cylon-pancarte04:
Sign out of Chrome, then click Sign In. When your name comes up click Remove. An "X" will appear to your account and just click that to remove. Problem solved. :)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I find my Firefox in Linux Mint 17 runs faster than Chrome or Chromium ... Of course it was Friday evening and I have a deal with my ISP to have reduced bandwidth from 8 pm til midnight so as to have unlimited bandwith and not have to pay a ton of cash to get it ...

:) :):)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I find my Firefox in Linux Mint 17 runs faster than Chrome or Chromium ... Of course it was Friday evening and I have a deal with my ISP to have reduced bandwidth from 8 pm til midnight so as to have unlimited bandwith and not have to pay a ton of cash to get it ...

:) :):)

I wish we had deals like that out here! But it really is not expensive for me. For $54.99/Mo, Im supposed to be getting 30mbps down, 5mbps up. However, their records must have me calling to complain frequently about speed in the past during their so-called "peak" hours. The contract says I get that speed, and does not mention any slower "peak times" speeds, so they just gave up and put me on their fastest service at the same price. This is a speed test from 5 minutes ago:

myinternetspeed.png

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Test from this morning . Holy poop you have a fast hookup OM1 !!! Look how frackin slow mine is ,,,

screenshot-area-2015-09-06-092336.png

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
From just now...

Selection_041.png

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
So I am seeing 2.2.1 update for VLC player for Linux but when I do the update I end up with 2.1.6 . Any idea as to how to install this latest version ??? I am unable to watch my download of Humans . I only have sound and no pic . The problem appears to be only with this show though ...

:daniel01: :daniel01: :daniel01:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So I am seeing 2.2.1 update for VLC player for Linux but when I do the update I end up with 2.1.6 . Any idea as to how to install this latest version ??? I am unable to watch my download of Humans . I only have sound and no pic . The problem appears to be only with this show though ...

:daniel01: :daniel01: :daniel01:

You must uninstall VLC first. Click your Mint start window and type VLC. When you see it, right click and Uninstall. Then open the Software Manager and install the one in the channel. That will be the latest one.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

My version is the same as yours:

vlc.png

You are trying to upgrade because you say that Humans will not play in it? What filetype are your video files? I can play all mine just fine. There isnt anything I have in my media folders that VLC will not play. It even will play .isos made from DVDs, and have all the menus. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
He went to VLC and *saw* the upgrade then assumed it was in the Mint repository. :)

When it is in the repository, it has been tested with Mint. I rarely install software GNU software which is not in the channel. Proprietary stuff, you kinda have to.