THE EXPANSE --it's premise, plot and socio-political implications

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
I am relunctant in watching this show because watching the 1st episode felt like watching BSG which I found to be boring. I guess its because there is a lack humour involved in this show.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I am relunctant in watching this show because watching the 1st episode felt like watching BSG which I found to be boring. I guess its because there is a lack humour involved in this show.

That IS true for the first episode. Tripler got the same first impression. I had already read Leviathan Wakes, so I stuck it out knowing what was coming. I think Joelist did too. Trust me when I say that if you just watch the next two episodes, you will be HOOKED. This show is undeniably the best science fiction show (probably the best show) on TV. And there is LOTS of humor! More than you would expect, and not for comedic effect, it just presents itself in the context of the story perfectly. Amos is the source of most of it. :) But it comes from several characters and sometimes just the situations are funny, but not in a scripted, comedic way. There is nothing to compare this show with really....especially not BSG!

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I see zero in the show related to bsg or even babalon 5 ... Absolutlely nothing .. Keep watching like OM1 says and if you like Sci-Fi even slightly , then you are in for a treat .
Completely best show to ever hit the video screen period .
Did you guys vote today ? I will after dinner .
;)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Winners don't use just one email address!

Tripler

Well Known GateFan

Attachments

• CCCC.jpg
    CCCC.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 119
  • CCCC.jpg
    CCCC.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I just saw him yesterday in a Criminal Minds episode (season 7 I think) where he played an asshole who abducted a woman and made her his slave-wife.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Jeepers fook ... chick with a long gun won best Sci-Fi ! FFS !!!
What the fook is wrong with the world today ,,,

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Jeepers fook ... chick with a long gun won best Sci-Fi ! FFS !!!
What the fook is wrong with the world today ,,,

Earp? WTF?