What ship is this?
Staff member
Interesting. Included with Prime.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
So do we know when season 4 starts?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
So no need for me to start rewatching just yet. My wife coincidentally just started yesterday, so now I won't have to pay attention.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
any word yet if AMZ is going to drop all s4 episodes at once or milk it out?

amz usually does drop all eps with their originals

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
None yet, but if Amazon decided already to do a S5 it means they know from their internal metrics it will be a moneymaker.

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
Yes, I completed the series and now will be ready for season 4 when it starts. Much better after second half of season 1, before this point, I was pushing myself to watch.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Season 5 is already in the bag, and Season 4 is not even ready yet!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yes, I completed the series and now will be ready for season 4 when it starts. Much better after second half of season 1, before this point, I was pushing myself to watch.

The beautiful thing about this show is that every episode of every season is good. There is not one single dud among the episodes of The Expanse. It is as close to scifi perfection as we have ever gotten in science fiction for any sized screen. And the books are just as good! If it weren't for the books, which precede every season, the show could go off the rails at the whims of the writing crew and interns hired for said season. Canon drift in shows is a big reason why so many of them fail. Even The Walking Dead has comic books telling the story. This show has novels telling the story plus the writers of the books are also showrunners for the show. There is no room for getting it wrong! :) Simply put, The Expanse is the best science fiction saga ever created (in my opinion).

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

They BETTER have Crisjen (Shoreh Aghdashloo) in it! I am in love with her voice. I get to hear her taunt me in my favorite VR real time strategy game Brass Tactics. :) She really puts an edge on the show that it needs, but would still be just as great without her. Still, I hope she is in S4 and S5.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
She's there. She was in the group interview.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
1 ep a week.. i'll wait another 5 weeks :)
Yeah, I figured that out after I already started watching. But I'll just keep watching. Now I have three shows, Hawkeye, Discovery and this.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Okay I binged it now that all the episodes are up.

Overall nicely done. Brings things right to the end of Babylon's Ashes, wraps up the Free Navy and also shows the Transport Union forming (and with it a fundamental shift in the governance of the Solar System). Obviously with them having to write Alex out they had to do something to round the team out, and we got Clarissa in S5 and this season Bobbie Draper. One big improvement in Season 6 is she is much better utilized. Season 5 was also a better use of her character unlike the misuse in Season 4.

Weird as it may sound I would just as well leave it here. Don't try to get another season funded because the next book involves a 30 year time jump and also brings in the loopy Laconian Star Empire.

Last edited: