THE EXPANSE --it's premise, plot and socio-political implications

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
On SyFy. It should be pretty easy to find and was already on their website and their streaming apps.

This is not going to work for me. I need a cable subscription to watch the full episodes on Syfy, and I don't have one. :). I don't know where to watch it free. Otherwise....

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
How did you watch it beforehand?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
So you might be....:piratebay:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So you might be....:piratebay:

Regretfully, yes I was forced to book passage on The Bounty to get the first episode of Season 3, but what an awesome episode!

They have the equivalent of a World War going now over the proto molecule! It plays out so much more nuanced in the series than in the book (we are still in the events of Caliban's War). The characters are now tightly developed and match the actors playing them perfectly. It was nice to see Christian get all Dirty Harry on the space yacht. I love this show so much! They have gotten much better than the already excellent level of storytelling they had for Season 2. They want $22.00 for the whole season, or $1.99 per episode. They won't get that from me but I will still be watching this show.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
See why I referred to Bobbie as "Martian Terminator"?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
See why I referred to Bobbie as "Martian Terminator"?

LOVE her in this show! She is like Christian's personal Terminator. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So, what is your opinion on how the books tell the story vs the show?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They are sticking decently close. I expect either this week or next week we will have Draper and Avarsarala meeting the Rocinante, which in the book was when the action really shifted to Io.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
They are sticking decently close. I expect either this week or next week we will have Draper and Avarsarala meeting the Rocinante, which in the book was when the action really shifted to Io.

Yes about Io. They seem to be making the most minor additions to the show vs the book, but it has the effect of making the show feel more naturally paced and gives an opportunity for meaningful dialogue between the characters. This season should be exceptionally good. :smiley_joy::smiley_joy::smiley_joy::smiley_joy::smiley_joy:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Nice second episode.

Anna showed up (again earlier than in the books) but only briefly. Mostly this was the Roci crew coming back together and the adventures of Crisjen and Bobbie in the racing ship. As we expected, Draper and Avarsarala are now aboard the Rocinante.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Nice second episode.

Anna showed up (again earlier than in the books) but only briefly. Mostly this was the Roci crew coming back together and the adventures of Crisjen and Bobbie in the racing ship. As we expected, Draper and Avarsarala are now aboard the Rocinante.

That's right, it's spelled Chrisjen. My bad!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I liked the ep. I really hope though that Avarasala and her "Martian tank" don't go on some tropish "hero on the run" thing though

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
This is not going to work for me. I need a cable subscription to watch the full episodes on Syfy, and I don't have one. :). I don't know where to watch it free. Otherwise....

its on hulu

i am not sure if it one of those "certain shows" where you need a 'live tv' script to watch it even on demand though. hulu is funny like that

(i have found even with my 'live tv' script, i can watch some shows live, but then after they are on, you cant get them on demand through hulu---or vice versa)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
its on hulu

i am not sure if it one of those "certain shows" where you need a 'live tv' script to watch it even on demand though. hulu is funny like that

(i have found even with my 'live tv' script, i can watch some shows live, but then after they are on, you cant get them on demand through hulu---or vice versa)

Hulu is not free. It's just another paid TV service like CBS All Access and HBO To Go. The first two seasons are still free on Amazon, but Season 3 is not free on there. However, there is always a way...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I liked the ep. I really hope though that Avarasala and her "Martian tank" don't go on some tropish "hero on the run" thing though

No need to guess if you read the books. We are on the second book, Caliban's War, heading into the third, Abaddon's Gate most likely by the end of this season. They are sticking very closely to the story told in the books.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Hulu is not free.

oh yeah..i know paying here :)

what i mean is,even if you pay and pay the extra for "live tv" there are some shows (which, to be fair, is announced when you sign up for live tv. a disclaimer tells you even with live tv) you may not be able to watch some shows live or that some you can watch live but then not select to watch at your convenience later