The Avengers (2012) Trailer

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
2001 only expanded my confusion. I still haven't a clue what the hell that was all about and that's after seeing 2010 as well. :(

I actually agree here. 2001 would have been better had they chopped off the first 10 minutes and the last 10 minutes. In its own way 2010 was better because it told a straightforward space story instead of trying to be psychedelic.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I actually agree here. 2001 would have been better had they chopped off the first 10 minutes and the last 10 minutes. In its own way 2010 was better because it told a straightforward space story instead of trying to be psychedelic.

Yeah, that last 10-minute acid trip ending with old man Dave being reincarnated as a baby in a floating womb in space could have been left on the cutting room floor.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Yeah, that last 10-minute acid trip ending with old man Dave being reincarnated as a baby in a floating womb in space could have been left on the cutting room floor.

We need a 2001 reboot! Now where is Ronald D. Moore when you need him? :D

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
We need a 2001 reboot! Now where is Ronald D. Moore when you need him? :D

Why not just hand it to Michael Bay and let him destroy it with unexplainable and out-of-place explosions and pointless 3D axes and other stupid artifacts thrown at the viewer from the screen? Let's not forget adding a couple of "lovable" stereotypes and maybe give HAL a true ghetto Ebonics AI.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Just picture handing the remaking of 2001 to Quentin Tarantino...

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Just picture handing the remaking of 2001 to Quentin Tarantino...

I'm picturing half of the Odyssey crew dead before they even get into the pods. I'll bet the soundtrack would be cool though. :adoration:

OT - hey, we have new smilies!

Can't wait to use this one - :crazy homer face:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm picturing half of the Odyssey crew dead before they even get into the pods. I'll bet the soundtrack would be cool though. :adoration:

OT - hey, we have new smilies!

Can't wait to use this one - :crazy homer face:

You're welcome! :applause: