The Avengers (2012) Trailer

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Someone hasn't seen the freaking movie, then.

What an asp. All of them were ultimately driven by grief.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Someone hasn't seen the freaking movie, then.

What an asp. All of them were ultimately driven by grief.

I'm just busting chops. I don't really care if they actually do "avenge" or not but I am going to see the movie. :icon_lol:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Interesting facts for the Avengers

200.3 million dollar take in the US for 3 day opening making it the highest grossing opening EVER.
Projected sales of 650m in US cinema's
50/50 split between under 25's and over 25's
60/40 male/female ratio in viewers.

Someone got it very right with the Avengers. :)

Bluce Ree

Interesting facts for the Avengers

200.3 million dollar take in the US for 3 day opening making it the highest grossing opening EVER.
Projected sales of 650m in US cinema's
50/50 split between under 25's and over 25's
60/40 male/female ratio in viewers.

Someone got it very right with the Avengers. :)

But they still don't go around "avenging" anyone. It would be nice knowing that you can call that band of superheroes to "avenge" you when, for example, you get short-changed at the 7-Eleven or an a**hole cuts you off on the road or you're being bullied in the schoolyard.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Take that Hunger Games! :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Gonna watch this tomorrow can't wait. Hopefully this opens more doors for Whedon.

With THIS under his belt, people will rush to open them for him. If they don't, he can simply fling them open himself. Who knows, perhaps the return of Firefly? :smiley_squee::joy:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Take that Hunger Games! :P

OMG. Did you ever try to watch it? I think it is one of those love it or hate it movies. I cant give it the "its for younger audiences" excuse because of Harry Potter and Twilight, both of which outshine Hunger Games by a huge margin.:icon_cool:

I am going to actually PAY to see Avengers. No popcorn, no drinks, and I am bringing water and stashing peanuts and Jolly Ranchers in my coat. :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
OMG. Did you ever try to watch it? I think it is one of those love it or hate it movies.
Aren't most movies??
I mean, went to the movies to see "the crow" 5 times, cause it resonated with me, yet I know many people of a similar age that wouldn't piss on the crow if it were on fire......
I cant give it the "its for younger audiences" excuse because of Harry Potter and Twilight, both of which outshine Hunger Games by a huge margin.:icon_cool:
OM
Have you EVER read or watched Twilight?
As for Harry, it evolved because the protagonist evolved, you are looking less at a "sequence of events" as you are the "evolution of a hero" As someone who read the books, the *ultimate* evolution of Harry is for him to name one of his sons after Severus Snape, because he finally realised WHAT Snape did for him (guilt complex or not), as opposed to the 1-5 year student who thought that if Voldemort was Satan, Snape was his "right hand"
I am going to actually PAY to see Avengers. No popcorn, no drinks, and I am bringing water and stashing peanuts and Jolly Ranchers in my coat. :)

Jolly Ranchers??
Umm, Land Pirate Arrrgghhhh??? :P

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
OMG. Did you ever try to watch it? I think it is one of those love it or hate it movies. I cant give it the "its for younger audiences" excuse because of Harry Potter and Twilight, both of which outshine Hunger Games by a huge margin.:icon_cool:

why do you think gals carry large purses! water bottles and junk food are what I smuggle in when we go to a movie! :P

Bluce Ree

why do you think gals carry large purses! water bottles and junk food are what I smuggle in when we go to a movie! :P

I used to sneak in burgers and fries in a backpack. Drive-in theaters are awesome for that. You can bring a picnic with you.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I used to sneak in burgers and fries in a backpack. Drive-in theaters are awesome for that. You can bring a picnic with you.

And you can hide people in your trunk. Ah, the good ole days.... :D

Bluce Ree

And you can hide people in your trunk. Ah, the good ole days.... :D

The drive-in movies here are so cheap it's not even worth the inconvenience. :icon_lol: A double/triple feature is around $6 a head and all features are new. You get the comfort of your car and the surround sound of your car's on-board audio system.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Awesome movie, and it wasn't nonsensical explosions and action! Everything flowed nicely with an actual story. The Hulk here was so much better than the previous two Hulks, he was hilarious.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Saw it and... OMFG.. why is this making so much money? i just dont get it... sure it has some giggles but no real story and it follows the example of "movies" such as transformers.. ie VERY little story even LESS character development, nonsensical unbelieveable plot add to that an uber cgi fest of superhero crap and what do you have? yes a POS movie...
seriously i have been an iron man fan since the first movie i liked it BC it felt reel and not so magical mystery unexplained superhore crappy IE i could belive the story but then mixing that "world" with this avengers one... seriously its kinda wrecked iron man for me and then i learn that iron man 3 will be played out after the events in this one... boy Omni is not a happy camper...

ok so "AVENGERS" it has some laughs some enjoyable acting and great CG but thats about all it has and having payed to see this thing in theaters... id like my money back.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Awesome movie, and it wasn't nonsensical explosions and action! Everything flowed nicely with an actual story. The Hulk here was so much better than the previous two Hulks, he was hilarious.
did we REALLY watch the same movie????

as bolded is EXACTLY what it was..