Stargate Origins Will Reopen The Franchise

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Again with the putting people (ME) IN CORNERS!! GEESH! just dropping comments nothing more

i stated i only saw the first three free ones

memory wipes? i thought i remember various ppl being under Goauld powers of suggestion in SG1. Like the chic who got all the the guys at SGC all hot and bothered and ready to mate. If they can do that, I assume they can be extended by tptbs to do a mind wipe--especially with a "device"

i dont think that rotten tomatoes or imdb or any other professional or semi pro critics take in the SJW buzz factor.

I stated, in my post (really it is right there) that I still have a problem with what I saw in the eps I watched- like the vehicle battery jump starting the gate and the way nazi's are treated as some kind of harmless buffoons

I would not COULD not have an opinion on any show based on SO's as SO's has been schmetconned into the fabric (like way deep into the folds of said fabric) of the movie

I really do not give a flying act of intercourse about this show!!! again, just dropping a comment about a video i saw on the you tubes from some over caring, over hopeful gate world people :)

I asked it as a question, dude! :) In the Stargate pyramid of love for me, the movie is at the pinnacle. If I think about it, Dr. Ernest Littlefield had gone through the gate in 1945 and Catherine was part of an SG-1 episode. So, yes this could be an expanded story of that. But the gate was uncovered in 1928, and Dr. Ernest Littlefield was the first to go through it. How did he do it? I have to find the episode. Still, an origin story (to me) is not the Stargate I want to see. And who wants to see a bunch of Nazi uniforms? Are we rebooting Hogan's Heroes here? :icon_lol:

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
This mini thingy apparently is stirring up the loins of the sgpoo crowd ... I read a bunch of sqeee responses online ...
Will they never learn ! Its gone gone gone

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Again with the putting people (ME) IN CORNERS!! GEESH! just dropping comments nothing more

memory wipes? i thought i remember various ppl being under Goauld powers of suggestion in SG1. Like the chic who got all the the guys at SGC all hot and bothered and ready to mate. If they can do that, I assume they can be extended by tptbs to do a mind wipe--especially with a "device"

i dont think that rotten tomatoes or imdb or any other professional or semi pro critics take in the SJW buzz factor.

I stated, in my post (really it is right there) that I still have a problem with what I saw in the eps I watched- like the vehicle battery jump starting the gate and the way nazi's are treated as some kind of harmless buffoons

I would not COULD not have an opinion on any show based on SO's as SO's has been schmetconned into the fabric (like way deep into the folds of said fabric) of the movie

I really do not give a flying act of intercourse about this show!!! again, just dropping a comment about a video i saw on the you tubes from some over caring, over hopeful gate world people :)
Brilliant ! (A flying act of intercourse) . Is that a Cirque De Soleil Acronym ! ...

;)

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Brilliant ! (A flying act of intercourse) . Is that a Cirque De Soleil Acronym ! ...

;)

;)
I asked it as a question, dude! :) In the Stargate pyramid of love for me, the movie is at the pinnacle. If I think about it, Dr. Ernest Littlefield had gone through the gate in 1945 and Catherine was part of an SG-1 episode. Sp, yes this could be an expanded story of that. But the gate was uncovered in 1928, and Dr. Ernest Littlefield was the first to go through it. How did he do it? I have to find the episode. Still, an origin story (to me) is not the Stargate I want to see. And who wants to see a bunch of Nazi uniforms? Are we rebooting Hogan's Heroes here? :icon_lol:
https://www.gateworld.net/news/2018/04/stargates-return-the-next-step/

Here is where the franchise lies. I really want this franchise to capture our hearts again. I don't want to see another SGU or STD clone.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
https://www.gateworld.net/news/2018/04/stargates-return-the-next-step/

Here is where the franchise lies. I really want this franchise to capture our hearts again. I don't want to see another SGU or STD clone.

I don't either. But I don't want to have the Goa'uld, Ori, Genii, Lucian Alliance, Wraith or Jaffa either. None of that is part of the original story. Yes, it is what the Stargate fanbase gathered around, but the truth is that Brad Wright invented all of that stuff.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
This mini thingy apparently is stirring up the loins of the sgpoo crowd ... I read a bunch of sqeee responses online ...
Will they never learn ! Its gone gone gone

The day the free eps came out-like the first hour, in the 'live' comments below the screen, nearly every comment was for bringing back the Poo

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The day the free eps came out-like the first hour, in the 'live' comments below the screen, nearly every comment was for bringing back the Poo

What is it they loved about that show? I assume a large portion of that is pubescent young males who are tickled by Lt James' boobage, and cooing young females hot for Scott and Greer, perhaps a few for demure TJ, Chloe and Telford and Col Young, and of course Robert Carlyle fans who will watch anything he is in. What else is there?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
What is it they loved about that show? I assume a large portion of that is pubescent young males who are tickled by Lt James' boobage, and cooing young females hot for Scott and Greer, perhaps a few for demure TJ, Chloe and Telford and Col Young, and of course Robert Carlyle fans who will watch anything he is in. What else is there?

i think a lot of it was social media fired 'buzz' about the show. it is a common trick--to get ppl to watch a history show, you sex it up or add in stuff that didn't happen,etc

to get ppl to watch sci fi who normally wouldn't you sex it up and add in a whole bevy of SJW issues. like the stones and the twisted 'using other ppl's bodies for sex' thing

what a great way for tptb's and anyone else gathering data to see if the younger viewers watching stuff like a young airforce female being used by a middle aged lesbian rocks their views or if they stood behind it? thereby reinforcing their real world views on the whole issue

and all the other SJW crap that was in it and most of the other new shows these days

sci fi has been hijacked by this stuff/agenda. we get some sci fi shows but we got to put up with the BS as some kind of compromise

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
watching stuff like a young airforce female being used by a middle aged lesbian rocks their views or if they stood behind it?

to go more into this i quoted

in that issue right there--using a young female airman's body by Camille for lesbo sex--or her intent to do so, go smack up agains the old SJW female thing of (whic i agree with btw) "my body my choice"

to write this way is to piss on those legit SJW issues while promoting a more radical/progressive one= lesbian sex

more over, no matter who was having sex with who in which ever body- the whole damned idea is just immature, teenage boy crap. even before they get to any motivation of attacking/supporting any social issues, they were caught up in some pubescent teenage boy's wet dream in thier writing

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I just watched the rest of Stargate Origins. Man was this bad. Mildly entertaining though. It was just so bad in every aspect. Almost as if it were on purpose. Feels like a school project.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I just watched the rest of Stargate Origins. Man was this bad. Mildly entertaining though. It was just so bad in every aspect. Almost as if it were on purpose. Feels like a school project.

My thoughts exactly. It was basic fan fiction done with a little more money. It is not a good foundation for a new Stargate series. If they are returning with this, count me out.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
My thoughts exactly. It was basic fan fiction done with a little more money. It is not a good foundation for a new Stargate series. If they are returning with this, count me out.

Well, aside from some inconsistencies with canon, the poor quality in every aspect and some glaringly obvious production errors (for example curtains fully open then next second three quarters closed while no one is near it) I did find entertainment in watching it. It is not likely that I will watch it again, although I won't rule out watching it again at some point in the future. If it had been done with a full budget and experienced people, it might have been quite a different story.

Still I'd rather see something else, like for example an SG-team going through the gate and due to some fluke accident finding themselves stranded at an unknown location outside of our galaxy with no way of getting home encountering all sorts of curious, interesting and challenging situations until eventually they do find their way home. Or an SG-team encountering an ancient (from the past) and circumstances arise causing them to be taken back in time to a point in the history of the civilization of the ancients, or perhaps getting stranded somewhere in time and space together with the ancient and having to cooperate to find a way back home for both or either.