Stargate Origins Will Reopen The Franchise

heisenberg

Earl Grey
The wormhole is open for Stargate Origins, and if things go according to plan that could open the gate for more live-action Stargate production in the future.

That’s according to a source close to the production of Origins, who told GateWorld that doing a short-form Web series (rather than, say, a big-budget feature film or cable show) in 2018 made for an easy way to get the Stargate spinning again.
LAME! We want a TV series not short web series. Origins makes no sense.
https://www.gateworld.net/news/2018/02/stargate-origins-reopen-franchise/

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Why do these morons that are in charge don't listen to the fanbase? They then bitch oh, there was not enough interest for stargate. As if there isn't. Either these people are the stupidest people on the planet or the fact that all that wads of cash has brain washed them.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Why do these morons that are in charge don't listen to the fanbase? They then bitch oh, there was not enough interest for stargate. As if there isn't. Either these people are the stupidest people on the planet or the fact that all that wads of cash has brain washed them.

I am glad that Stargate is getting attention, but I don't want new Stargate to be like Origins. What is so hard about following a recipe? It's like there is always somebody who wants to add apples to tuna salad or put mayo in hummus. :facepalm:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
SO's is like someone had a distorted dream about SG and the script for ORIGINS word vomited out when they woke up

Oddly enough just last night they finished airing SGA on CometTV. They are going to start airing SGU next week. So I'm sitting here realizing that this franchise is severely broken. There's no way they can reboot this franchise easily because of the elephant turd in the room that is SGU.

So sorry to say but I don't see "Origins" as reigniting interest in this franchise. Especially if there is a paywall associated with it.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

Michael shanks on SGU

Apparently SG1 was suppose to have an 11th season too

if the show had been called DESTINY or whatever, and did not involve the stargate or try to connect to the SG world of entertainment, then yeah, like Shanks said, it could have been a better show.

trying to follow SG1 and SGA with this HEART OF DARKNESS in space take on the SG stuff was just never going to work

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This Origins show feels derivative and forced. It's like somebody chose a certain part of the original movie and just expanded on that and ignored everything that came after. They want it all to be about Catherine in this one. It does not seem to want to connect with the future events of the stargate. Also, I see that this is not just some fan series, this is the real thing backed by the studios and bearing the studio titles and credits. If so, it's gonna be a fail. What would have been so hard about starting from Egypt with Daniel and Jack? If they were going to do a prequel, they knew from the beginning that they would have to break movie AND series canon to do it. Now, they will get mad if the fans don't like it and claim "there is no audience for Stargate!"

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Sorry, I just have no interest in this. It does not sound like a true effort to relaunch Stargate.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
There's nothing that interests me about this one. I don't see it leading to a full television reboot of the SG series. And why would we even want one? Just to rehash the same episodes with the same characters that we've seen before? How dumb.

Have you seen this thing yet? Its like they took a scene from the original Stargate movie (when it was being unearthed), then made the entire thing around that period. And they actually use a car to activate the gate. An OLD car from the 1930s. They have Nazis in it, and that old clothing. It sucks.

Have you seen this thing yet? Its like they took a scene from the original Stargate movie (when it was being unearthed), then made the entire thing around that period. And they actually use a car to activate the gate. An OLD car from the 1930s. They have Nazis in it, and that old clothing. It sucks.

I've watched the trailer and behind the scenes stuff but have no interest in jumping thru hoops to watch the thing in its entirety. I'm not going to pay to watch it. I'm not going to watch it in 10-minute installments. I'm not going to enter my email address and/or sign up for access, blah blah blah. The only thing I might be willing to do is click on a link that leads to direct access to the full thing. If it's any more complicated than that they can f*** right off.

Besides, it sounds like utter shit and I just don't have time for that these days. I'm also too smart to fall for the BS hype by the producers that this thing is a hit. I mean really, who do they think they're kidding? :rolleye0014:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

they did take the opening scene from movie frame for frame..right up until we see catherine looking at he necklace and then i think her running up the hilltop look on the gate wither father.

then they do a frontal of them and we see its dif actors. and they are speaking english, in the movie they spoke german yes?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i think that the only possible way we could have a pre-quel would have to be something like:

1-- in the not so distant past, we see a whole other gate found elsewhere with a DHD. and then they would have to carefully tell a tale from their to explain how and why that no one --to include any goa'uld from sg1, knew of this. then find a way to have it destroyed without major damage to the planet

it could have been found in Siberia an used there, ending in the 1908 Tunguska incident--or whatever

2--go wayyy back to Ancients on earth days

here would could see Atlantis, the gate and the construction of stuff like DESTINY and her seed ships

it could incorporate a lot of the ancient alien /lost civilization 'real' things that have been found and use them in the story. Like say the ancients testing out a new cutting tool and helping to build Puma Punku in Peru... a show like that could be cool
----------------------
other wise, i dont see how any other prequel works. would have to be sequels in a future time as or past DESTINY and Fat Eli being lost...

has anyone got real crazy and watched all 10 eps yet?

No, watching 10 "webisodes" sounds tedious and annoying. Presenting a movie in this fashion is just plain insulting to fans of SG.

*And making the stargate work by hooking it up to a car? Really? Are you kidding me??? After hearing that's what they did it's obvious the writers have no respect for SG fans. Why would I go out of my way to watch such nonsense?