Star Trek VOY: General Discussion Thread

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I loved Voyager and it is at the top of my Star Trek list. The one problem I had with the ending though was the Borg! The freakin' Borg!!! My God, did they milk the Borg to death or what? There was absolutely no reason to use the Borg for the umpteenth time.

I liked how STNG went full circle with the show from start to finish. That finale was truly the best! They started with the Q and ended with the Q. Now that is a story arc! Voyager should have done something in that vein instead of milking the Borg for one last time. Ugh!

G

Graybrew1

I loved Voyager and it was at the top of my Star Trek list. The one problem I had with the ending though was the Borg! The freakin' Borg!!! My God, did they milk the Borg to death or what? There was absolutely no reason to use the Borg for the umpteenth time to end the show with.

I liked how STNG went full circle with the show from start to finish. That finale was truly the best! They started with the Q and ended with the Q. Now that is a story arc! Voyager should have done something in that vein instead of milking the Borg for one last time. Ugh!

I disagree. I think defeating the borg queen and getting home was a fitting ending.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Tropicana

Council Member
I disagree. I think defeating the borg queen and getting home was a fitting ending.
In general, I wish the ending was slightly different. Sometimes I wish they didn't use the Borg, sometimes I wish they didn't use the time travel thing again; but sometimes I like the ending, cos it's an entertaining, emotional and fierce ending. I know the episode act by act, off by heart, dialogue by dialogue cos I've seen it thousands of times. :D

Alt-Admiral Janeway rocks. I found myself feeling sad that she died.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
And I would've had Harry killed off rather than Kes leaving.

No way, Harry is a keeper! He's so adorable and quirky, TBH, I rather Paris went with him. :P
They did both. They killed Harry (in that episode where voyager gets duplicated) but they also kept him. See? - everybody happy... :P

Kes was cute, but her character wasn't going anywhere. Or at least the writers didn't know what to do with her. Even weaning her from Neelix didn't help, so she had to go.

Funny. I didn't like Seven of Nine with Chakotay eiter.
Always thought she belonged with me. :P
:facepalm:
You're not even done with Doutzen yet...

NOBODY liked the Seven/Chakotay! Well, except maybe Robert Beltran :eek:

Tropicana

Council Member
They did both. They killed Harry (in that episode where voyager gets duplicated) but they also kept him. See? - everybody happy... :P

Kes was cute, but her character wasn't going anywhere. Or at least the writers didn't know what to do with her. Even weaning her from Neelix didn't help, so she had to go.

:facepalm:
You're not even done with Doutzen yet...

NOBODY liked the Seven/Chakotay! Well, except maybe Robert Beltran :eek:
Not even Beltran, he too criticised the randomness of the Seven/Chakotay-ship at the finale years ago.