Star Trek VOY: General Discussion Thread

Tropicana

Council Member
Currently watching ST:VOY (6x11) "Fair Haven", one of my favourite episodes.

The episode is about Janeway falling in love with the hologram, "Michael Sullivan" (the Irish barman hunk) from Tom Paris' ficitional holodeck program he made called, "Fair Haven". :D

Best quote from this episode - Janeway: "Delete the wife."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNCybqmKugA

Also other noteworthy quotes:

Janeway: "... And if there's something I don't like, I can simply change it."
Doctor: "I've noticed that Humans usually try to change the people they fall in love with, what's the difference?"
Janeway: "In this case, it works!"

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Currently watching ST:VOY (6x11) "Fair Haven", one of my favourite episodes.

The episode is about Janeway falling in love with the hologram, "Michael Sullivan" (the Irish barman hunk) from Tom Paris' ficitional holodeck program he made called, "Fair Haven". :D

Best quote from this episode - Janeway: "Delete the wife."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNCybqmKugA

Also other noteworthy quotes:

Janeway: "... And if there's something I don't like, I can simply change it."
Doctor: "I've noticed that Humans usually try to change the people they fall in love with, what's the difference?"
Janeway: "In this case, it works!"
I am a huge Voyager fan, although this wasn't my favorite episode. But that line is excellent! :lol:

And the dialog with the EMH also great.

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
I love Voyager, and Janeway. :) A lot of people put VOY down, but to me a lot of the episodes hold that "Rodenberry charm" that seemed to have been sucked out of DS9 and ENT.

This episode in particular was pretty cool, blurring the lines between the real and and constructed, and how we can care just as much for the things that "aren't exactly real". Great ep!

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I am a huge Voyager fan, although this wasn't my favorite episode. But that line is excellent! :lol:

And the dialog with the EMH also great.

I've always loved the what the EMH has to say.His sarcasm and character was unique.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I love Voyager, and Janeway. :) A lot of people put VOY down, but to me a lot of the episodes hold that "Rodenberry charm" that seemed to have been sucked out of DS9 and ENT.

This episode in particular was pretty cool, blurring the lines between the real and and constructed, and how we can care just as much for the things that "aren't exactly real". Great ep!

Voyager in the entire star trek saga is my all time favourite series(Sorry TNG fans). I just loved the adventure and the stories they came up with. Why it was put down or mocked is anyone's guess. Apart from the last few episodes of voyager, they came up a great storyline with proper character development :rononwhistle: .
I love all star trek but my favourite one is voyager, definitely! Though, I didn't like how they somehow reached warp factor 10 because that's infinite velocity.

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
Voyager in the entire star trek saga is my all time favourite series(Sorry TNG fans). I just loved the adventure and the stories they came up with. Why it was put down or mocked is anyone's guess. Apart from the last few episodes of voyager, they came up a great storyline with proper character development :rononwhistle: .

I love all star trek but my favourite one is voyager, definitely though, I didn't like how they somehow reached warp factor 10 because that's infinite velocity.
I feel the same way, it was my favorite of the series as well. My only serious complaint is how they had to use time travel on the final episode... just really wish they'd left time travel out of it completely.

G

Graybrew1

While it was not my favorite....Sorry I am one of those TNG people...It was my second favorite. I loved the fact that when it ended they actually gave a real ending. First the "What if "one, and then the real one. And yet they still left it open to make a movie from. Which sadly , we never got. :( I did not have a problem with the time travel, I like that sort of thing that makes your brain hurt if you think too much about it. I thought they handled it much better than they did in Enterprise. I was surprised by the good job that Janeway did. My only issue was I did not like Seven Of Nine with Chakotay, I always thought he belonged with Janeway.

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
While it was not my favorite....Sorry I am one of those TNG people...It was my second favorite. I loved the fact that when it ended they actually gave a real ending. First the "What if "one, and then the real one. And yet they still left it open to make a movie from. Which sadly , we never got. :( I did not have a problem with the time travel, I like that sort of thing that makes your brain hurt if you think too much about it. I thought they handled it much better than they did in Enterprise. I was surprised by the good job that Janeway did. My only issue was I did not like Seven Of Nine with Chakotay, I always thought he belonged with Janeway.
Yeah, even Jeri Ryan felt odd about doing the scenes where Seven of Nine and Chakotay start having a romance. It was really way to sudden, shocking even.

My preferred ships would've gone something like this:

Chakotay and Seska (I think she should've rejoined them, and somehow been forgiven)
Paris and Kes (better chemistry than B'Elanna IMO)
Seven of Nine and Axum (her "Unimatrix Zero" lover... who should've joined Voyager!)

And I would've had Harry killed off rather than Kes leaving.

:beckettu:

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
No way, Harry is a keeper! He's so adorable and quirky, TBH, I rather Paris went with him. :P
Well... if -that's- the love angle, then they still should've killed off Harry and Paris should've shipped with that Vulcan ensign Vorik. ;)

Tropicana

Council Member
I found Vorik to be too weird, he wasn't as cool as Tuvok and he tries too hard to impress B'Elanna, often at times using phrases that Paris would say, thinking it would somehow make her like him more. It's like get real, Vorik, lol.

Hence, I so understand why B'Elanna feel the need to insult Vorik all the time.

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
I found Vorik to be too weird, he wasn't as cool as Tuvok and he tries too hard to impress B'Elanna, often at times using phrases that Paris would say, thinking it would somehow make her like him more. It's like get real, Vorik, lol.

Hence, I so understand why B'Elanna feel the need to insult Vorik all the time.
This is why Vorik would've been the bottom. He was young and just going through his first pon'farr. ;)

Tropicana

Council Member
Oh I remember that Pon'Farr scene well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hruBVOLHo0c

Though maybe an unwritten rule, most say Vulcans have superior... .. being a bottom would be a waste of his natural "talents". :P

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
Oh I remember that Pon'Farr scene well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hruBVOLHo0c

Though maybe an unwritten rule, most say Vulcans have superior... .. being a bottom would be a waste of his natural "talents". :P
Well, Paris did seem to like 'em feisty. If not a klingon... ;)

Tropicana

Council Member
I thought Chakotay with Paris and Kim made quite a 3some IMO. But you're right, Paris did like them feisty, not plain vanilla.

S

Stonelesscutter

Funny. I didn't like Seven of Nine with Chakotay eiter.
Always thought she belonged with me. :P

G

Graybrew1

Funny. I didn't like Seven of Nine with Chakotay eiter.
Always thought she belonged with me. :P

I was almost expecting this from you.
You guys certainly do have some detailed ideas about who you want shacking up with who.lol