Star Trek Discovery TV Series

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
But the guy was trying to change the past in order to affect his present. At this point, Discovery is way in the future. If the guy was going to change things by erasing Discovery, he would have already done it by now.

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
It is frustrating that those that just don't like the show, just keep saying the same stuff.
I hate the first 1.5 seasons of this show, and it is as I said, far from my favorite, but since I am not being bias , I can still see the good points in the show.
I think I liked characters that were "bad" more than the "good" ones. Lorca,

Georgiou's mirror, and Booker's anti Hero are interesting well written fully developed characters.
Michael, Tilly and company are just whiny spoiled " I want my way or I will find a way to be offended and claim it is right till I get it.".

I do like the new engineer, she has a quick wit and interesting snark about her....but she is an exception.

Long story short, this show is woke upon woke upon woke.
So it most other TV today, ,they just did it to this ST ep earlier and more than most others.

My favorite part of this show is that it gave us Strange New Worlds which is Woke light and more ST.

I will be interested to see how it ends since this is the last season coming up since they cannot bring them out of the future or it would mess with the other shows like SNW and Picard.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
This has finally ended. Thanks god we don't have to hear about Michael Burhman

There are now talks about Star Trek - Legacy/Starfleet Academy. I don't know I thought the ending of Picard was dull and quite dystopian. I miss how they filmed stuff back in the 80's and 90's and 60's even. I don't know to me all of this digital enhanced style doesn't feel tangible at all when I look it.

Star Trek Picard - Oh yes a female captain making a man look bad and weak

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJT6S9pbDJU

Last edited:

Shadow Mann

Staff member
This has finally ended. Thanks god we don't have to hear about Michael Burhman

There are now talks about Star Trek - Legacy/Starfleet Academy. I don't know I thought the ending of Picard was dull and quite dystopian. I miss how they filmed stuff back in the 80's and 90's and 60's even. I don't know to me all of this digital enhanced style doesn't feel tangible at all when I look it.

Star Trek Picard - Oh yes a female captain making a man look bad and weak

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJT6S9pbDJU
Yes, the Legacy/Academy issue. So, my contacts in the Industry tell me that Academy got a greenlight, but that Legacy has not and will not be greenlit. The reason cited was money. That article mentions the greenlight for Academy which did happen but even Academy might be affected when production actually starts. Paramount is not expected to survive in it's current form past this fiscal year.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Yes, the Legacy/Academy issue. So, my contacts in the Industry tell me that Academy got a greenlight, but that Legacy has not and will not be greenlit. The reason cited was money. That article mentions the greenlight for Academy which did happen but even Academy might be affected when production actually starts. Paramount is not expected to survive in it's current form past this fiscal year.
Is that why they were all cancelled before the ship sunk?

Shadow Mann

Staff member
Is that why they were all cancelled before the ship sunk?
I'm not sure, but there is a model they are using where they are still going to be producing or licensing to other companies. Amazon or Netflix or somebody else can order series from them if they bankroll them. Not all of them are canceled. Section 31 is going to happen, but the movie they mentioned with Picard probably won't. Things can change very quickly!

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
I'm not sure, but there is a model they are using where they are still going to be producing or licensing to other companies. Amazon or Netflix or somebody else can order series from them if they bankroll them. Not all of them are canceled. Section 31 is going to happen, but the movie they mentioned with Picard probably won't. Things can change very quickly!
Shatner goes against woke people

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9Kr2j6cFqk