Star Trek Discovery TV Series

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Those pedophilic overtones you mentioned are nonsense and a figment of your own imagination. There are other things in the episode which one might not be enthused about, but it has nothing to do with pedophilia. Just wanted to set that straight.
They are not nonsense and based on the number of other people who got the same impression not a figment of imagination. It was basically feeling up a minor - pedophilia.

huh? who knew? i never heard of this

i was just doing a search to see a clip of this scene you are referring to, and this came up-- multiple results from various sources

anyone ever hear of this? @Overmind One

The LA Times recently ran a story about the Child Exploitation Section of the Toronto Sex Crimes Unit, which contained a mind-boggling statistic: of the more than 100 offenders the unit has arrested over the last four years, “all but one” has been “a hard-core Trekkie.” Blogger Ernest Miller thought this claim was improbable. “I could go to a science fiction convention,” he explained “and be less likely to find that 99+ percent of the attendees were hard-core Trekkies.” While there may be quibbling about the exact numbers, the Toronto detectives claim that the connection is undeniable.

In fact, Star Trek paraphernalia has so routinely been found at the homes of the pedophiles they’ve arrested that it has become a gruesome joke in the squad room.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/pedophilia-and-star-trek_b_5857

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Good thing I'm not a "hard-core" trekkie.

Can we please not devolve this thread into sex crime territory?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Good thing I'm not a "hard-core" trekkie.

Can we please not devolve this thread into sex crime territory?
its not "derailing" its topical.. it is also the first thing that comes up in search results.. even when i typed in 'incidence of pedophilia in st;discovery

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Ba'al is correct in that the thread should not devolve into sex crime territory.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Ba'al is correct in that the thread should not devolve into sex crime territory.

well,, who brought up the topic of sexual perversions to start with?

it is just a very damned interesting FACT that when you search what you mentioned, on google ref STD, it are those things that came up

and damned hypocritical as well, for both of you to say THIS is shocking when, twalet brash or hugh jass or whoever it was put in the book reading thread, that book that looked like a kids book, but was about sex and children!then it was all "he is just expressing an opinion" or some BS when that book and his post was far more offensive

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I brought it up initially as it was my reaction to the scenes in that episode. As facts go it is interesting; maybe start a new thread on it? Also, remember I wound up on your side in the book thread.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I know nothing of this book thread. But I made this thread here about Star Trek Discovery and didn't want to see it derailed. Yet still it gets further derailed.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I do agree the book should be in its own thread as should YJs research. I will see if I can do it later today.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Okay I cannot move the post into a new thread. I am asking OM1 to do so.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
They are not nonsense and based on the number of other people who got the same impression not a figment of imagination. It was basically feeling up a minor - pedophilia.

LOTS of people are seeing the pedophilic overtones, and they are talking about it. Like I said earlier, I am really now entertaining any thoughts from Drekkies when it comes to Star Trek. If they like Discovery or Picard and see it as legit Star Trek, they just are not real Star Trek fans. At best, they might be casual fans. Trill symbiotes cannot live indefinitely in a human. And the character they are using was brought in to represent "non-binary" people who use the pronouns "they/them". I will never accept it.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I created a new thread. Please tell me what goes into it! Thanks.

I would think my original pedo comment plus all the reactions to it and YJs research? Basically it would be a thread on Trek and pedo.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I would think my original pedo comment plus all the reactions to it and YJs research? Basically it would be a thread on Trek and pedo.
there was no "research" LOL!!!!

AS I STATED, I simply typed in approximately what you had stated-- "st discovery incidence of pedophilia in latest episode"
and al that came up were those 15 yr old news articles

it was one google search using my paraphrasing of your statement and its results.. nothing more

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
there was no "research" LOL!!!!

AS I STATED, I simply typed in approximately what you had stated-- "st discovery incidence of pedophilia in latest episode"
and al that came up were those 15 yr old news articles

it was one google search using my paraphrasing of your statement and its results.. nothing more

Okay thanks.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I wouldn't go so far as to assume anyone "loves" this thing. It probably got a S4 because of contractural obligations. And this year it is pretty obvious the budget was slashed way back. Their problem is CBS AllAccess is a flop and their attempt to put STD on network TV has been embarrassing, with it losing to things like reruns of the Match Game game show.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I wouldn't go so far as to assume anyone "loves" this thing. It probably got a S4 because of contractural obligations. And this year it is pretty obvious the budget was slashed way back. Their problem is CBS AllAccess is a flop and their attempt to put STD on network TV has been embarrassing, with it losing to things like reruns of the Match Game game show.
CBSALLACCESS to become PARAMOUNT + in early '21

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/15/...ew-name-rebrand-2021-international-disney-hbo

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yep! We noted this here a couple of months ago. AllAccess is defunct and with the merger now they are starting to fold up the fiascos that Moonves came up with. Hence Paramount + which is basically Paramount movie properties and some of the AllAccess stuff folded in.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ok, time for some hard info:

There has been NO filming for Season 4 of Star Trek Discovery, despite announcements and the misleading IATSE Toronto Union sheets labeling the ending of Season 3 reshoots as "Season 4". The entry for it which was being used as "proof" it was happening has been deleted from the IATSE production schedules. https://www.iatse873.com/current_productions

Capture.PNG

As of today, not a single scene has been shot for any Season 4, and no scripts have been completed. It is in "pre-production". Pinewood Toronto is going to lock down again, as will Los Angeles, further delaying Picard as well.

It was an intentional deception to label the finishing of Season 3 as "Season 4". But as you can see highlighted, it was RESUMING PRODUCTION. That would be resuming Season 3, not starting Season 4. This entry was used by shill sites as "proof" that Discovery got a Season 4, and that it would actually start filming on November 2. What actually happened is that the reshoots and fill-in shoots did start on Nov 2, and finished some time last week. There is no entry for Star Trek Discovery on the sheets, but Strange New Worlds is still on there.