Star Trek Discovery SUCKS.

Jerry-Seinfeld-No-Thanks-and-Leave.gif

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

There has been ZEE ROW science in this show. And no, making it sound like science by showing it on screens and stuff does not make it science. Discovery is what happens when people who know NOTHING about science try and create it based upon what sorta makes sense to them. For instance, one of these writers might think it is cool to put an actual firefly in a bulb to make light. But they would not even think about the fact that the bulb is airtight and the firefly would die. Spore drive? Really? And they showed instant travel to several planets. It's worse than Q!

heisenberg

Earl Grey
There has been ZEE ROW science in this show. And no, making it sound like science by showing it on screens and stuff does not make it science. Discovery is what happens when people who know NOTHING about science try and create it based upon what sorta makes sense to them. For instance, one of these writers might think it is cool to put an actual firefly in a bulb to make light. But they would not even think about the fact that the bulb is airtight and the firefly would die. Spore drive? Really? And they showed instant travel to several planets. It's worse than Q!
To be fair, TNG and Voyager(especially Voyager) had some bullshit science in there. Like the word Chroniton flux. This word is madeup.

"Spore drive"? "Spore drive" that permits instantaneous travel across light years because...spores??? :confused0076:

I'm just -- I can't even -- I'm speechless at this point. :disillusionment: :facepalm:

To be fair, TNG and Voyager(especially Voyager) had some bullshit science in there. Like the word Chroniton flux. This word is madeup.

Voyager was initially a hybrid mechanical/biological ship. It has "living" systems, conduits, etc. They quickly dropped that angle though and you didn't hear much about it after the first season (or even earlier in that first season).

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Voyager was initially a hybrid mechanical/biological ship. It has "living" systems, conduits, etc. They quickly dropped that angle though and you didn't hear much about it after the first season (or even earlier in that first season).
I meant the technobabble. A lot of it was just bullshit words but the series was really fun to watch. From a science POV, it was very outlandish silly and over the top and well, fantasy and highly improbable.

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
So from what I am seeing is there are youtubers or other supporters of STD( love that abbreviation) that are having to explain why this does this and that does that ? That's pretty sad right there having to explain to the audience the workings of the show when the characters and storyline are supposed to enlighten us . I am ok with hokey names and science that does not make sense because it is fantasy but this show seems to have gone beyond any sense of anything . So your saying Spores create the warp drive ? Bugs ? I am surprised they are not using the giant worms from Dune . They seem to be throwing anything they can at this show from what I am understanding from everyone's posts on this forum . I will not watch the show . I cannot get the image of her shoving the science officer or what ever he is away from his work station . It's the last scene I saw of this show other than a few youtube vids you guys have posted that I tried to watch but could not ,,,

I like how someone mentioned Rush is a sweet heart compared to her ...

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan

The above video does a fair and reasonable explanation, I watched this a while back actually. Good thing too.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan

The above video does a fair and reasonable explanation, I watched this a while back actually. Good thing too.
We all sure Brad wrong is not hiding some were under the table coaching the writers that dark and edgy is the way to go! Again I had to stop watching this video also.. There preaching exactly what Brad wrong was saying about sgpoo if I remember correctly . Be patient , All will be revealed . They threw Roddenberry's idea of ST out the window ? So why you calling it star trek ffs.

Sheese this show is such frigging crap ... feel sick ,,, make me puke ,,,tabernac

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
"Spore drive"? "Spore drive" that permits instantaneous travel across light years because...spores??? :confused0076:

I'm just -- I can't even -- I'm speechless at this point. :disillusionment: :facepalm:
Why did they not use S'mores . Then the off gassing would at least be a snack for them and those creatures from the black lagoon there having battles with . It would probably stop the conflict. You know . Sitting around the flaming torches chatting and eating S'mores.:winking0052:
Good times ,,, good times
:winking0052:

Last edited:

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
We all sure Brad wrong is not hiding some were under the table coaching the writers that dark and edgy is the way to go! Again I had to stop watching this video also.. There preaching exactly what Brad wrong was saying about sgpoo if I remember correctly . Be patient , All will be revealed . They threw Roddenberry's idea of ST out the window ? So why you calling it star trek ffs.

Sheese this show is such frigging crap ... feel sick ,,, make me puke ,,,tabernac

Ha. Well the video I put there was more of presenting what CBS did, writers etc stating then going on to further list all the problems that have seeped out through the cracks thanks to leaks and what not. There are a few other videos that channel did further adding to the problems long before the show even had released. Essentially what CBS did was make another bloody reboot, this isn't part of the prime timeline nor the Kelvin timeline, if it was then we'd be seeing uniforms in the style of Pike's era when he was Captain of the Enterprise, which by default he would of just taken command of from Captain Robert April. The video also hints at that Bryan Fuller might of been fired instead of him 'resigning' due to creative differences by CBS executives.

My overall issue is one of almost hipsters, you've got a bunch of people who think this is the new 'in' crowd and latch onto it. They claim to know, because it is pop culture, we know Kirk fought the Gorgon, we know about tribbles, but these people just throw it in there like "See, see we know Trek!" What pisses me off the most was namely, you don't have to be a Star Trek fan, you just need to look at the information documented, I mean all of this is found on wiki pages.

Pulled from earlier, I get seriously annoyed when the reviewers said "Oh I like it as a movie." It is not a bloody movie, don't treat it as such. It is supposed to be a pilot for a TV series of many seasons, that is what it is, that is how I treat it. If they want to make a movie, let them make another one.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Ha. Well the video I put there was more of presenting what CBS did, writers etc stating then going on to further list all the problems that have seeped out through the cracks thanks to leaks and what not. There are a few other videos that channel did further adding to the problems long before the show even had released. Essentially what CBS did was make another bloody reboot, this isn't part of the prime timeline nor the Kelvin timeline, if it was then we'd be seeing uniforms in the style of Pike's era when he was Captain of the Enterprise, which by default he would of just taken command of from Captain Robert April. The video also hints at that Bryan Fuller might of been fired instead of him 'resigning' due to creative differences by CBS executives.

My overall issue is one of almost hipsters, you've got a bunch of people who think this is the new 'in' crowd and latch onto it. They claim to know, because it is pop culture, we know Kirk fought the Gorgon, we know about tribbles, but these people just throw it in there like "See, see we know Trek!" What pisses me off the most was namely, you don't have to be a Star Trek fan, you just need to look at the information documented, I mean all of this is found on wiki pages.

Pulled from earlier, I get seriously annoyed when the reviewers said "Oh I like it as a movie." It is not a bloody movie, don't treat it as such. It is supposed to be a pilot for a TV series of many seasons, that is what it is, that is how I treat it. If they want to make a movie, let them make another one.
someone keeps pushing up the ratings https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/star_trek_discovery/

heisenberg

Earl Grey

The titles alone give a games of thrones vibe(context is for kings blah blah blah...).The whole bullshit mutiny crap

heisenberg

Earl Grey

Oh yeah and I see this show making its way back to CBS and free to air when the season comes to a close. The likes of the Grand Tour is now being shown on Free to air TV here soon too which shows that streaming isn't as popular as some people say it is and people are not going to change their old habits anytime soon.