Star Trek Discovery SUCKS.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
No love for the third epi here? Who cares at this time, as I am busy watching "The Travelers" on my Netflix.

Next up will be "Orville" Wright, who cares at this point, or whatever? Hopefully it will be as irreverent as the old "Quark" series, which only lasted about 8 shows some thirty years back.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I'm not about to pay any money to see this dreck. The first episode was free and told me everything I needed to know.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Dear Director,

Please stop with the fucking Druken camera...

heisenberg

Earl Grey
So to wrap it up, this was NUBSG, with Doom, and there is SGU in here too and that damn Drunken camera. Oh yeah, with a very, very, very shallow storyline(it just...ends within minutes) and absolute zero character development. To sound nerdy(LOL), they added some Virus codes into the show.

https://www.reddit.com/r/startrek/comments/73ppi8/spoilers_s01e03_discoverys_computers_are/

They still sound like they reading off a manual though. I still don't know what the fuck this show is on about? Oh yeah, this is episode is pretty fucked up too with the gore. This show is not Family Friendly.

Last edited:
I'm not about to pay any money to see this dreck. The first episode was free and told me everything I needed to know.

From what I understand Michael remains unsympathetic in the 2nd and 3rd episode. How is it that the writers think this is a good thing? And the reported dynamic of the crew of Discovery is described as "sneering at and bickering with each other". One person even referred to it as "Star Trek: Mean Girls".

So far the only likable character seems to be Saru, the rubber-face alien. Three episodes in and the only one that gets a thumbs-up from the viewers is a side character? That says a lot about how badly the writers have messed this thing up.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Episode three was amazing! I was completely blown away.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
You know what's even better than Star Trek Discovery?

After Trek!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I saw it (or tried to but it is so freaking literally dark it is hard to see) on YouTube. It was every bit as horrible as the others. Michael was still utterly wooden and impossible to identify with, the "captain" comes off like a nutcase and the problem of absolutely no character to identify with persists. Also, a lot of the characters literally felt like they were reading lines in a high school play.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
From what I understand Michael remains unsympathetic in the 2nd and 3rd episode. How is it that the writers think this is a good thing? And the reported dynamic of the crew of Discovery is described as "sneering at and bickering with each other". One person even referred to it as "Star Trek: Mean Girls".

So far the only likable character seems to be Saru, the rubber-face alien. Three episodes in and the only one that gets a thumbs-up from the viewers is a side character? That says a lot about how badly the writers have messed this thing up.
Saru is the only character in that team that I like and isn't obnoxious.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I saw it (or tried to but it is so freaking literally dark it is hard to see) on YouTube. It was every bit as horrible as the others. Michael was still utterly wooden and impossible to identify with, the "captain" comes off like a nutcase and the problem of absolutely no character to identify with persists. Also, a lot of the characters literally felt like they were reading lines in a high school play.
Agreed! This episode felt like they were jumping between places too. This is Mass Effect, BSG, Expanse?, Doom, the TV series NOT Star Trek universe. Ugh...

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
What the hell was I just watching? I made it about 60% through the episode, and stopped watching. The dark corridors, the completely ASININE pointless dialogue, the dumb characters and brooding foreboding vibe. And that fucking aurora borealis warp effect, what the hell is this thing supposed to be? The "creature darting in the dark" belongs in Alien or Predator or some generic horror flick, not Star Trek.

I am disappointed and angry beyond belief. And the Discovery...OMG what a completely fugly busy design. I hate this show, and this was probably my last episode. Partial episode, that is. I am sure it will find it's little fans, but they are not Star Trek fans. Let them have it. If this is what CBS and Paramount think is Star Trek, then I wash my hands of it.

Last edited:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
What the hell was I just watching? I made it about 60% through the episode, and stopped watching. The dark corridors, the completely ASININE pointless dialogue, the dumb characters and brooding foreboding vibe. And that fucking aurora borealis warp effect, what the hell is this thing supposed to be? The "creature darting in the dark" belongs in Alien or Predator or some generic horror flick, not Star Trek.

I am disappointed and angry beyond belief. And the Discovery...OMG what a completely fugly busy design. I hate this show, and this was probably my last episode. Partial episode, that is. I am sure it will find it's little fans, but they are not Star Trek fans. Let them have it. If this is what CBS and Paramount think is Star Trek, then I wash my hands of it.
This show is so bad that even these guys hate it.

Last edited:

heisenberg

Earl Grey

Oh Reddit...they are on Drugs. Apparently Discovery is Pretty :facepalm: :lol:
https://www.reddit.com/r/startrek/comments/73ud3a/very_nice_image_of_discovery/

Oh yeah, and since when did they have shields before TOS? Discovery can be summed up with this amazing video

Last edited: