Star Trek Discovery SUCKS.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I just noticed Space is now running adds for STD ... So the people that paid for the CBS price to watch STD for money are getting screwed over because the Space gang can watch it for free ... wth eh ...

;)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Before
1280_star_trek_discovery_poster.jpg

After
STD.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Speaking of which, you know that's a bad thing right? That's what made Lame of Thrones popular and I am sure that's what CBS is backing on.
CBS is definitely backing on capturing Star Wars Fans, NUBSG fans, and generally people who want to turn off their brains.

Also someone is rigging IMDB by pushing up the ratings

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5171438/

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/09/star-trek-discovery-is-getting-pirated-a-lot/

More people are going to watch this garbage because people still like explosions and Transformers style tv series. Once in a while it's okay, but a whole god damn series? No...

Also it's apparent that Screenrant is getting paid by CBS it write drivel like this when they don't understand how ratings work. Dumbass author.

http://screenrant.com/star-trek-discovery-ratings-orville/#comments

Seriously, though, the hateful nature and provocative nature is what's going to make discovery popular. These dickheads KNOW that Star Trek fans are very emotional creatures so inorder to create hype they write these clickbait articles to generate viewership and generating sales. I don't participate in them but I do notice a trend.

We will not see any ratings for Star Trek Discovery from this point forward because it's on CBS All Access. But we will still be able to track ratings on The Orville. I really don't think the regular paid viewing audience for CBS All Access because of STD is going to be that much. It's like SGU, with it's 900,000 or so viewers. Millennials are not going to get Star Trek easter eggs. Everything is going to be lost on them.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I like his review . Just nails it ...

;)

It's like they made this with all these changes and ASSUMED all the loyal Star Trekkers would automatically line up because it's Star Trek and that's that so let's get on with changing everything to appeal to Millennials! They resurrected characters like Sarek, Harry Mudd and icons like tribbles without ever giving any backstory on them. That's because they are bones thrown to us, the real Trekkies to pick up. No, not having it, sorry!

I mean, like...the central character they want us to care about is this Michael Burnam, right? Why the hell would anyone care about her, except to know her location at all times to prevent her from going batshit crazy somewhere on the ship?

burnam_fight.gif

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Holycrap ! . Does she do that in the show ? Slam a girls head to the table ? WTF ... Wow . Kirk liked to scrap but man that's so out of line for an officer ... How did this durtbag ever get a promotion or even a position in Starfleet or even be accepted into the Vulcan fold ,,, Bet she cheated on her SAT's

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Holycrap ! . Does she do that in the show ? Slam a girls head to the table ? WTF ... Wow . Kirk liked to scrap but man that's so out of line for an officer ... How did this durtbag ever get a promotion or even a position in Starfleet or even be accepted into the Vulcan fold ,,, Bet she cheated on her SAT's

She was being attacked by those three people.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
CBS problem is they are so invested in STD they can't publicly admit it is a fiasco. Add in that no one but them will know if it is actually a success due to it being only shown on their pay service and you have a recipe for it being declared a success and renewed no matter how few people actually see it.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
CBS problem is they are so invested in STD they can't publicly admit it is a fiasco. Add in that no one but them will know if it is actually a success due to it being only shown on their pay service and you have a recipe for it being declared a success and renewed no matter how few people actually see it.

Ehm. There's about 6.7 billion people outside of USA who could potentially watch it on Netflix. I'm sure those numbers count too.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually all those will determine is whether Netflix is willing to pay for another season and how much. I SERIOUSLY doubt they are going to shovel $100 million to CBS again especially after the whole imbroglio between them with Netflix saying CBS misled them on the nature of the show.

Ehm. There's about 6.7 billion people outside of USA who could potentially watch it on Netflix. I'm sure those numbers count too.

6.7 billion people aren't going to watch anything. Could we please get back to reality here? :rolleye0014:

As for the number of people actually watching this turd, well the fact is that the United States is the gold standard for ratings. I know you don't like it but that's just how it is. Sure, the international market is growing but America has yet to be usurped from its role as leader when it comes to these things. This show clearly is not well received in the US. That's something that can't be denied. Will it get a "2nd season"? Most likely, but that is only because TPTB literally have no other choice. They can't afford a public relations disaster right out of the gate so they will produce another season and they will fraudulently claim the show to be a success but the truth is it won't be one. The fact that it will hurt them financially is just something they have to accept.

As scifi viewers we've been down this road before, cupcake. TPTB for SGU tried to pull a fast one on the loyal viewers and were only able to get away with two seasons because that was arranged before the show even began. It sure as hell wasn't based upon viewer demand for more of that shit. And DEFIANCE got three seasons only because the producers had sunk 200+ million into the show. But people here in America didn't like these shows. So where was your 6.7 billion international viewers for these shows? If the ratings in Europe and sundry lesser countries are so important to the success of TV shows why didn't they do dick to keep these shows in production? I'll tell you where your international market was for these shows -- nowhere! Because A.) these shows sucked, just like Discovery does, and B.) at this point the rest of the world combined doesn't have the ratings pull to equal the United States.

So go ahead my friend, count on the fraction of the 13 million people in the UK to keep Discovery afloat. Hell, let's toss in the fraction of the population over on the Continent that might be tuning into this shit show. Wanna know what we got with all those Euro ratings? A canceled show. :)

scaletowidth

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Yes, she does that! Right in front of the crew of the Discovery in the mess hall, and NOBODY stops them. It isn't till the fight is over that the Security Officer steps in and her comment is simply "Hmmm...Vulcan Martial Arts?". This Burnam chick takes "Angry Black Woman" to a whole new level.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
She was being attacked by those three people.

I guess that you don't realize that Starfleet is a military organization? It would not matter if 10 people were attacking. The proper response should have come from the large Security team that was in that Mess Hall. They should have stopped the fight as soon as they saw trouble. Given that she is the ONLY mutineer ever to be in Starfleet, seems to me she would be shadowed like a flea on a cat. They just let her wander the halls where she can play the Knockout Game whenever she wants.

burnam_bitch.png

You can't see this chick is crazy? What they are doing with her reminds me of Rush. Why would anyone identify with Dr Rush on SGU? This is supposed to be our PROtagonist. I don't like her, and I don't like Captain Lorca. The whole crew of Discovery acts like the teen Red Squad crew of the Valiant in DS9. "You can't sit here!"...."This station is assigned!". Too much catty bitchiness from the crew's females. But Burnham takes the cake.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
6.7 billion people aren't going to watch anything. Could we please get back to reality here? :rolleye0014:

As for the number of people actually watching this turd, well the fact is that the United States is the gold standard for ratings. I know you don't like it but that's just how it is. Sure, the international market is growing but America has yet to be usurped from its role as leader when it comes to these things. This show clearly is not well received in the US. That's something that can't be denied. Will it get a "2nd season"? Most likely, but that is only because TPTB literally have no other choice. They can't afford a public relations disaster right out of the gate so they will produce another season and they will fraudulently claim the show to be a success but the truth is it won't be one. The fact that it will hurt them financially is just something they have to accept.

Okay, right? This show came out the gate and the Trekkie audience immediately held it's collective nose and flushed it. CBS dropped some money on spin doctors and shills, but word of mouth killed it. The negative reviews are mounting much much faster than they can be silenced or hidden. And it looks to me like the Euros don't much care for it either. The first comment is a shill, and just read the following comments after that:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...s-look-cgi-season-1-episode-1-2-a7967441.html

As scifi viewers we've been down this road before, cupcake. TPTB for SGU tried to pull a fast one on the loyal viewers and were only able to get away with two seasons because that was arranged before the show even began. It sure as hell wasn't based upon viewer demand for more of that shit. And DEFIANCE got three seasons only because the producers had sunk 200+ million into the show. But people here in America didn't like these shows. So where was your 6.7 billion international viewers for these shows? If the ratings in Europe and sundry lesser countries are so important to the success of TV shows why didn't they do dick to keep these shows in production? I'll tell you where your international market was for these shows -- nowhere! Because A.) these shows sucked, just like Discovery does, and B.) at this point the rest of the world combined doesn't have the ratings pull to equal the United States.

Yep, it's very simple: CBS All Access is specifically there to collect from US audiences, not anyone else. That's why they (the Euros) get it on Space and Netflix. If CBS All Access does not get significant revenue from this show's first season, they will be preparing for it's demise and replacement. And you are right, people in the US don't like this show.

So go ahead my friend, count on the fraction of the 13 million people in the UK to keep Discovery afloat. Hell, let's toss in the fraction of the population over on the Continent that might be tuning into this shit show. Wanna know what we got with all those Euro ratings? A canceled show. :)

scaletowidth

Discovery needs to fill the pockets of CBS All Access, and only the US will be doing that. This first season was paid for by Netflix, but will CBS bankroll another season of this crap? Somehow I doubt it.

Last edited:
I guess that you don't realize that Starfleet is a military organization? It would not matter if 10 people were attacking. The proper response should have come from the large Security team that was in that Mess Hall. They should have stopped the fight as soon as they saw trouble. Given that she is the ONLY mutineer ever to be in Starfleet, seems to me she would be shadowed like a flea on a cat. They just let her wander the halls where she can play the Knockout Game whenever she wants.

View attachment 33554

You can't see this chick is crazy? What they are doing with her reminds me of Rush. Why would anyone identify with Dr Rush on SGU? This is supposed to be our PROtagonist. I don't like her, and I don't like Captain Lorca. The whole crew of Discovery acts like the teen Red Squad crew of the Valiant in DS9. "You can't sit here!"...."This station is assigned!". Too much catty bitchiness from the crew's females. But Burnham takes the cake.

Let's do the math: She was a First officer for 7 years. We can safely assume she had at least several years in Starfleet preceding her stint as FO. I can't imagine someone would go from Starfleet cadet to FO in only 3 years, but let's be generous and give her that. That means she's been in Starfleet for at least a decade. But we're supposed to accept that all of her training and discipline is suddenly forgotten and she is now nothing more than a thuggish, cornered animal? M'kay. :icon_lol: