Star Trek Discovery SUCKS.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
ok

still have not watched any eps of this disaster! but....

with what i read here and elsewhere, and what clips i have seen on YT

the behavior of the humans on this show makes me doubt that at a larger scale, if this behavior is how ALL of humanity (or at least starfleet) acts, then it would be just about impossible for that (version of ) humanity to have gotten into space as far as they have

i cant cite details since i haven't watched--just an observation

either that, or the whole crew is on methamphetamine

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Dammit. So you beat me out on least amount of minutes of std watched ... My hat's off to you my good man . You have saved your brain and eyes from permanent damage and just utter stupidity . The ship does barrel rolls. Yup. Ship does barrel rolls OMG. ..

:)

heisenberg

Earl Grey
This piece of crap is better than discovery.

Even this fanmade project is better

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Dammit. So you beat me out on least amount of minutes of std watched ... My hat's off to you my good man . You have saved your brain and eyes from permanent damage and just utter stupidity . The ship does barrel rolls. Yup. Ship does barrel rolls OMG. ..

:)

Yep, and that is like....so cool in SPACE where it doesn't matter. :) But visually, the effect looks like so amazing yeah? No. The two parts of the saucer rotate in opposite directions! Why would they even do that?

Yep, and that is like....so cool in SPACE where it doesn't matter. :) But visually, the effect looks like so amazing yeah? No. The two parts of the saucer rotate in opposite directions! Why would they even do that?

The complete disregard for physics in this show amazes me. I don't know how any Trek fan could accept this crap as legit. It's insulting to everyone who has a grade school understanding of physics, which is to say, everyone with a functioning brain.

This isn't a Star Fleet vessel, it's an amusement park ride:

startrek spin.gif

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
As if the "roulette wheel in space" wasn't bad enough they had to give us this gem:

View attachment 33669

There is literally NO reason to give us anything like that for any reason. Why would the ship roll like that before going into warp? So, does the captain say "Helm, please do a barrel roll then punch it into warp!"? What is the purpose of it? Worse yet, how many of these silly viewers said "Oh, how kewl!"

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
The last episode was actually not so bad. Mid season finale.

There is literally NO reason to give us anything like that for any reason. Why would the ship roll like that before going into warp? So, does the captain say "Helm, please do a barrel roll then punch it into warp!"? What is the purpose of it? Worse yet, how many of these silly viewers said "Oh, how kewl!"

That's what's so sickening about that effect, it literally was done for the "wow" factor and has nothing to do
with actual physics. It's worse than a gimmick.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
This is where they got the idea for the will nots ( klingons)
Will nots you ask ? You know . Klingons , (will not come off)
Or a small turd stuck to your hairy ass hair ... Yup . Gross , just like std ...

Last edited:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
As if the "roulette wheel in space" wasn't bad enough they had to give us this gem:

View attachment 33669
What is the person smoking, no way am I quickly won by this nor am I going to like this show.
The last episode was actually not so bad. Mid season finale.
EVERYTHING we have been saying is true. This show STINKS because the audience are DUMB!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I watched the episodes on Kodi, against my better judgement. Yep, the show TOTALLY sucks balls. And I noticed something else, it is NOT serial written like they claim it is supposed to be. They mention elements of past episodes in the newer ones but they are still not going anywhere with the story. They want us to pay attention to Michael Burnham in this show, because it is about her and not about any sort of star trek exploring the stars and science. Any social commentary they try to make in this show will be seen from Burnham's standpoint and won't be objective.

Captain Lorca is LOATHESOME. He is such a dark, sneaky and deeply unlikeable Captain, and is an asshole character. The supporting characters like Tilly and Lt Staments are annoying and smarmy and contentious. I would not want to have a coffee with any of them. The whole ship feels like some kinda Maquis pirate ship just out there doing whatever the hell it wants. And I just don't feel like there is a Federation out there at all. They referred to the Constitution Class ships like the Enterprise which is out there in Discovery's timeline with Spock on board with Captain Pike. Kirk himself would be in high school at that time.

But it is top notch CGI...not enough better than the CGI on The Orville to make a difference. The CGI on The Orville shows us bright, pretty ships and expanses of space and a peaceful warp effect. Discovery uses pitch black space with super bright lights in it which makes it all seem like a street race.

This show is NOT Star Trek, and I find it appalling that CBS is going to pay for another season of this, but I also understand how deals work. The first season, Netflix. The second season, CBS. Netflix gets to maintain it's broadcast rights and licensing for the second season, even though they are not paying for it. This is a guess, BTW...based on what I know about how these things work. :)

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Don’t forget that all the sets are too dark - literally.

Captain Lorca is LOATHESOME. He is such a dark, sneaky and deeply unlikeable Captain, and is an asshole character.

I heard Lorca is a creep. That is a huge turn off for me because that is not what Star Trek is supposed to be. No one wants loathesome, creepy or "Edgelord"-type Star Fleet captains. It's one thing to have a main Star Trek character be flawed yet quite another to have them be an outright POS. When will these Hollywood writers learn that we don't want shitbags as protagonists?