Star Trek Discovery SUCKS.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Fair enough, but having worked in the car business for 12 years, I find that more monotonous. LOL. No worries, I can just keep skipping over the posts.

For STD, this last episode was a smidge interesting but yet totally annoying. The magic flying dust is uber powerful but yet screwed over the crew in the end. Bleck! Best part of ep was the possible glimmering portion of a chance of a redeemable Klingon in the woman that wants revenge for the death of her loved ones. If they do kill her off instantly, it would suck. Now, all she needs to do is keep speaking English so I can stand watching the screen. I still find the death sensor to be a whiny cry baby and the spore chair machine is just ridiculous. I did not even care for the newest addition in this ep, because he seemed to now be dependent on Michael to say the day as well. He did not need her around before he met but now he is just another prop for her. Double Blech.

Can this stop being the Michael show at some point?

Thanks for this, cause I don't watch the show and I don't know what is going on with it. But I do know that from the very beginning when the aardvark and platypus were having sex to birth this show, that it was going to be about a single character who is not the Captain. They explained it pretty clearly. That character turned out to be Michael. They have tried to make her interesting by giving her that Vulcan background, showing that she knows Vulcan martial arts and stuff. And she has a magic Vulcan mind meld where she can call upon Sarek across millions of light years to chat. So, it's the Michael show. :(

Kudos to you for being able to sit and watch this trainwreck! I can't do that.

Tonberry

GateFans Noob
So am i the only one that finds Burnams "running" disturbing? reminds me of Pheobe from friends when she tried to run.... #cringefactor9000

Also what the F**K was that frat party in space scene?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So am i the only one that finds Burnams "running" disturbing? reminds me of Pheobe from friends when she tried to run.... #cringefactor9000

I find EVERYTHING Burnam does disturbing. I am on edge during her sane moments knowing that at a moment's notice she could be pinching somebody's neck and heading for the warp core ejection module or the armory. The frat party thing with the disco was jumping back and forth over that shark. Bee Gees? Really? Disco lights seen from outside the ship?

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Don't forget the ship saucer spins and the whole ship does a barrel roll like an F16 ... Both make zero sense and I am still laughing at whomever came up with that idea . Must have been someone watching there 2 year old spin a toy model of a space craft . Notice I did not say an Enterprise model ! These loosers would not know a real Star Trek Space Craft if it landed in the back yard ffs ...

Tripler

Well Known GateFan

Welcome to the forum . So how do you stomach a minute of this show I must enquire . The gang here have commissioned Lord Ba'al and his lovely mate to watch this gar baj and other than the mental health therapy they will need after a few more eps , there doing a great job at keeping us updated on the worlds worst ever show ...
;)

Last edited:

Tonberry

GateFans Noob
Welcome to the forum . So how do you stomach a minute of this show I must enquire . The gang here have commissioned Lord Ba'al and his lovely mate to watch this gar baj and other than the mental health therapy they will need after a few more eps , there doing a great job at keeping us updated on the worlds worst ever show ...
;)
Thanks i have yet to smell anything foul here so hopefull its a good place to vent my frustrations over stuff.

and how? i donno it has flashy lights and starships that go pew pew that kinda "buzz" right there is hard to come by nowdays although it is complete shite and i really want to complain about it!

Don't forget the ship saucer spins and the whole ship does a barrel roll like an F16 ... Both make zero sense and I am still laughing at whomever came up with that idea . Must have been someone watching there 2 year old spin a toy model of a space craft . Notice I did not say an Enterprise model ! These loosers would not know a real Star Trek Space Craft if it landed in the back yard ffs ...
not only that the ship design is something a 3 year old playing with blocks would come up with aswell.

I find EVERYTHING Burnam does disturbing. I am on edge during her sane moments knowing that at a moment's notice she could be pinching somebody's neck and heading for the warp core ejection module or the armory. The frat party thing with the disco was jumping back and forth over that shark. Bee Gees? Really? Disco lights seen from outside the ship?
hey! dont forget about the Disco nebula Sarek was hanging out inside it gave me acid flashbacks.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They were gentler on the show than I would have been, but did note how awful the Michael character is, and that no one would want to live in the show’s universe.

They were gentler on the show than I would have been, but did note how awful the Michael character is, and that no one would want to live in the show’s universe.

You hit on an important element in determining success or failure for a show such as this. Viewers need to relate to the protagonists. Viewers need to be able to see themselves existing in that fictional universe. This goes all the way back to Greek theater in the ancient world. It is literally "Writing 101". Why the STD writers thought people would relate to a horrible protagonist* and also a dark, nihilistic universe is beyond me. Only a demented masochist would want to exist in that type of world.

*The argument can be made that Michael is not a protagonist. In fact, she's an antagonist. This leaves the question of who is the protagonist on the show, if there even is one at all.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I thought they had some creature chase them all over the ship trying to eat them . I would say he is the protagonist .
My hero anyway ...
;)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
would want to live in the show’s universe

still have not --and won't , unless it is free and someone forces me by tying me to my chair and taping my eyes opened :) -- watched a bit of this other then some YT clips

but your spot here i qtd and some other things you all and other elsewhere have said like this just KEEP NAGGING at me to reference this show's plot existence as being from the TOS/TNG/DS9/ENTERPRISE 'mirror darkly' Terrran Empire existence

The obvious elements to make that stick IS MISSING I know, but just reading this stuff brings that 'universe' to mind

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Sadly this is not set in the Mirror Universe, as that may have been the only way for the show to even remotely make sense in canon.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
his is not set in the Mirror Universe

i know

just that these comments and other sources remind me of that

if it were in the 'mirror' i think the terran empire would execute everyone in the STD crew as they seem to be everything from incompetent to phony tough

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Ok so I was skippin threw some crap and I read quickly and left that there has been a sex scene on std I think ? but it is a rape scene but fans are all good with it ... Dam I hate this show and I don't even watch it ... What a bunch of losers writing this crap ffs ,,, Just waiting for the cast of NCSI from Starfleet coppers to show up and solve this one and send anyone involved with this show to a Hoth frozen planet prison ... Yup . I threw Star Wars in there ,,,why the !@#% not ,,,

:rolleye0014: :rolleye0014: :rolleye0014:

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Ok so I was skippin threw some crap and I read quickly and left that there has been a sex scene on std I think ? but it is a rape scene but fans are all good with it ... Dam I hate this show and I don't even watch it ... What a bunch of losers writing this crap ffs ,,, Just waiting for the cast of NCSI from Starfleet coppers to show up and solve this one and send anyone involved with this show to a Hoth frozen planet prison ... Yup . I threw Star Wars in there ,,,why the !@#% not ,,,

:rolleye0014: :rolleye0014: :rolleye0014:

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Don't bother with this garbage. It's a disgrace to the intelligent franchise that is star trek. Lazy writing with people that just wanted to make a quick buck to make a name by tarnishing a great franchise like Star Trek and add that to their CV. No doubt they are now world famous so they'll get another role soon enough.

http://nationalpost.com/entertainme...trek-discovery-is-a-betrayal-to-the-franchise

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Don't bother with this garbage. It's a disgrace to the intelligent franchise that is star trek. Lazy writing with people that just wanted to make a quick buck to make a name by tarnishing a great franchise like Star Trek and add that to their CV. No doubt they are now world famous so they'll get another role soon enough.

http://nationalpost.com/entertainme...trek-discovery-is-a-betrayal-to-the-franchise

Dayammm....from the article at the link you posted:

When you watch Discovery, you enter a strange frontier of reckless planning, arbitrary motivation and ludicrous conduct. You will gaze into a galaxy of creative stupefaction. Sensible, level-headed first officers fly into paroxysms of murderous rage, inexplicably. Devil-may-care captains express unflappable ethical resolve when the plot deems it convenient. The nominal hero of the show is an intemperate mutineer whose rash actions ignite a pointless war — and she’s our moral centre. Every one of the main characters seems as if they could be a double agent harbouring nefarious secret intentions. Maybe none are. I don’t think it’s meant to be ambiguous.

OMG that was a full spread of torpedoes plus simultaneous phaser fire. :daniel_new_anime021:

As expected, the spin infusion money is likely being pared back by the Accounting Dept. :) There are literally THOUSANDS of blogs across the internet with comment sections full of disgust for this show. Even the CBS comments and Trekmovie and IMdB. This is why we know that two seasons was a done deal before the show aired. It certainly did not earn it's "renewal" on merit. I am guessing, of course. But it would make logical sense to me that the agreement was that Netflix bankroll the initial season, with the promise that Netflix would still have "Netflix Original" branding on Netflix for the second season which would be paid by CBS. Makes sense to me. I guess as time goes on and we watch the events unfold, we will know.

Dayammm....from the article at the link you posted:

When you watch Discovery, you enter a strange frontier of reckless planning, arbitrary motivation and ludicrous conduct. You will gaze into a galaxy of creative stupefaction. Sensible, level-headed first officers fly into paroxysms of murderous rage, inexplicably. Devil-may-care captains express unflappable ethical resolve when the plot deems it convenient. The nominal hero of the show is an intemperate mutineer whose rash actions ignite a pointless war — and she’s our moral centre. Every one of the main characters seems as if they could be a double agent harbouring nefarious secret intentions. Maybe none are. I don’t think it’s meant to be ambiguous.

OMG that was a full spread of torpedoes plus simultaneous phaser fire. :daniel_new_anime021:

As expected, the spin infusion money is likely being pared back by the Accounting Dept. :) There are literally THOUSANDS of blogs across the internet with comment sections full of disgust for this show. Even the CBS comments and Trekmovie and IMdB. This is why we know that two seasons was a done deal before the show aired. It certainly did not earn it's "renewal" on merit. I am guessing, of course. But it would make logical sense to me that the agreement was that Netflix bankroll the initial season, with the promise that Netflix would still have "Netflix Original" branding on Netflix for the second season which would be paid by CBS. Makes sense to me. I guess as time goes on and we watch the events unfold, we will know.

Every word in that article is spot on. I particularly like how the author points out that STD has "frenzied action, interpersonal conflict" and is "eternally busy" yet is not "thrilling or stimulating or fun". The author then goes on to point out how unlikable all the characters are. It's the perfect analysis from start to finish.