Star Trek Discovery SUCKS.

Obviously this tribble is sterile or there would be thousands dancing all over the ship with all those lensflares and BG's music rollin off the intercom whilst psycho girl is off choking someone to death in a ship closet on deck 3 screaming at them ,show me how to make lense flares dweeb before you go all purple on me like the last crewman I just dragged out to the airlock !!!
:)

roflbot (9).jpg

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
You know , it kinda gives me a little pleasure making fun of this show ( well lot's of pleasure actually ) until I realize that some people are actually watching it and thinking it's great Sci-Fi entertainment ...

:facepalm:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You know , it kinda gives me a little pleasure making fun of this show ( well lot's of pleasure actually ) until I realize that some people are actually watching it and thinking it's great Sci-Fi entertainment ...

This show BEGS ridicule from Star Trek fans. Like I said, I actually took some time out to watch the episodes, and my feelings about it are unchanged (maybe a little worse?). It's definitely not Star Trek, but throughout the episodes they mention things from Star Trek canon and the reaction is always an eyeroll. Nothing is right in the show. The look is all wrong, the uniforms and especially the behavior of the crew. It's like there is no Federation or Starfleet really out there. The stories make no sense and neither do the Klingons.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
This kinda re-enforces what we already know or have discussed but this is from Avery Brooks

Full video

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
This is the kind of storytelling shows, especially STD require. The way that this episode of Voyager (Real Life) started off was hilarious with the unrealistic fantasy family. The ending was really awesome, it definitely hits you in the face on a deeper level with the emotional roller coaster it goes through.

On an off topic: This guy discusses the different types of Warp Drives

heisenberg

Earl Grey
This kinda re-enforces what we already know or have discussed but this is from Avery Brooks

Full video

This show BEGS ridicule from Star Trek fans. Like I said, I actually took some time out to watch the episodes, and my feelings about it are unchanged (maybe a little worse?). It's definitely not Star Trek, but throughout the episodes they mention things from Star Trek canon and the reaction is always an eyeroll. Nothing is right in the show. The look is all wrong, the uniforms and especially the behavior of the crew. It's like there is no Federation or Starfleet really out there. The stories make no sense and neither do the Klingons.

Here is a shocker for you all. According to the latest Netflix Data, yes from Netflix themselves, STD is the 4th most watched Family shows ever. This is not only awkward, and weird but a little disturbing too. This proves that we are all wrong and that the crowd wants this piece of shit on air.

Whether for the adventure, Chief Hopper or bromance (#DadSteve), Netflix members ranked Stranger Things as the top show to watch together as a family. Nostalgia also scored top points for family watching via Star Trek: Discovery, Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life and Fuller House.

1. Stranger Things
  2. 13 Reasons Why
  3. A Series of Unfortunate Events
  4. Star Trek Discovery

https://media.netflix.com/en/press-releases/2017-on-netflix-a-year-in-bingeing

False alarm. Why are they posting this crap? I just saw the disclaimer down the bottom of the screen. WTF? Only 60k? How is this suppose to be part of a media release when they over 100 million subscribers?

Methodology:
Information included in this campaign represents overall viewing trends, not the personal viewing information of specific, identified individuals.
1 Popularity based on the average daily viewing hours per member between November 1, 2016 and November 1, 2017
2/3 Series viewed less than two hours per day were identified as ‘savored.’ Series viewed more than two hours per day were identified as ‘devoured.’ Data was inclusive of new show launches of Netflix originals from November 1, 2016 - November 1, 2017 only. Additional information on the Netflix Binge Scale here.
4 Based on more than 60,000 survey responses from Netflix members between October 24-30, 2017. The sample is representative of an adult population who watch TV shows as a couple in 32 countries. The survey included new show or new season launches of Netflix originals from November 1, 2016 - November 1, 2017 only.

5 Based on more than 60,000 survey responses from Netflix members between October 24-30, 2017. The sample is representative of an adult population who watch TV shows with their family in 32 countries. The survey included new show or new season launches of Netflix originals from November 1, 2016 - November 1, 2017 only.

Here is a shocker for you all. According to the latest Netflix Data, yes from Netflix themselves, STD is the 4th most watched Family shows ever. This is not only awkward, and weird but a little disturbing too. This proves that we are all wrong and that the crowd wants this piece of shit on air.

False alarm. Why are they posting this crap? I just saw the disclaimer down the bottom of the screen. WTF? Only 60k? How is this suppose to be part of a media release when they over 100 million subscribers?

It's corporate propaganda, pure and simple. Of course Netflix subscribers in other countries watched STD (to some extent). It was bundled into their viewing package at no additional cost. In this context this ranking becomes meaningless.

*I wonder if we'll ever get the real subscriber numbers for STD? Me thinks CBS No Access won't ever cough them up.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Now you see it. :) It's the art of spin and manipulation. Not too long ago before streaming services, 100% of all TV viewing was basically passive. All we got to do as viewers was choose within a set of already made offerings. We were still bound to viewing schedules and forced to take the advertising along with the shows. That viewing landscape has been laid waste, but spin still works for some people. Yep, there are actually women out there who will buy something because Taylor Swift advertises it, or some sports hero wears it. In this case, Netflix and CBS both need for people to think of "Disco" as being the hottest new show, and that "everyone" is watching it. (:smiley-laughing021:).

The methodology:

Based on more than 60,000 survey responses from Netflix members between October 24-30, 2017. The sample is representative of an adult population who watch TV shows as a couple in 32 countries. The survey included new show or new season launches of Netflix originals from November 1, 2016 - November 1, 2017 only

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's corporate propaganda, pure and simple. Of course Netflix subscribers in other countries watched STD (to some extent). It was bundled into their viewing package at no additional cost. In this context this ranking becomes meaningless.

*I wonder if we'll ever get the real subscriber numbers for STD? Me thinks CBS No Access won't ever cough them up.

We will get to see the truth after the show is canceled or when one of the actors gets fired and spills the beans. :) Remember the hype surrounding this turd before release? Remember how it was definitely NOT in the Kelvinverse, and how it was going to be in the Prime timeline? Remember how Kurtzman made a point of saying there were "canon cops" on the team to insure that the canon was preserved? POPPYCOCK! All lies.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I think after the show has failed and been canceled (probably midway through season 2 or before), we will get the info we want from the fired actors, producers, perhaps writers too. They might tell us how they knew the show was not doing well but were told to participate in the pep rallies and reach out to the fanbase to beg ask for support. Whatever the case, they are not going to admit failure.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I don't know :vala-new011: . We might get another rant from either the directors/writers or one of the actors if not all of them lol telling us we just did not have enough intelligence or big enough brains to watch it ... You know ...Like those sgpoo clowns did :smiley-laughing021:
:icon_rotflmao:
:icon_lol:

I don't know :vala-new011: . We might get another rant from either the directors/writers or one of the actors if not all of them lol telling us we just did not have enough intelligence or big enough brains to watch it ... You know ...Like those sgpoo clowns did :smiley-laughing021:

Ah yes, the "You people are too stupid to understand genius when you see it!" defense. I remember it well from the SGU days, lol. :icon_lol:

Twalet Brash

GateFans Member
"...and an aweigh team consisting of ONLY the Captain and the XO..."

That's "away team". The Captain and XO aren't handling anchors.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
"...and an aweigh team consisting of ONLY the Captain and the XO..."

That's "away team". The Captain and XO aren't handling anchors.

No, it's AWEIGH team. It is a naval term and has been used in Star Trek since day one. Also in other films (1970s and before). Yeah, it's "away" in what it is, and I suppose that it can be used, but you aren't correcting a mistake there. Just sayin!