Star Trek Discovery SUCKS.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
No, I won't do that. Why would we censor the forum for no reason? Removing politics, religion and that stuff was a great improvement. Censoring topics because they trigger somebody is not a good reason. Discovery is a new show, and is science fiction-esque (according to the producers :). The solution is not to remove the Discovery thread, just ignore it and watch The Orville. That is what I am doing. I am posting on the Discovery thread but I have only seen 2.5 episodes.
Fair point there

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I post in both but the show I watch and enjoy is The Orville.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I think it is confusing to call it Discovery because that represents that some intelligence is implied ... We better just stick to to its full acronym which is STD .
:smiley-laughing021:
:icon_rotflmao:

;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think it is confusing to call it Discovery because that represents that some intelligence is implied ... We better just stick to to its full acronym which is STD .
:smiley-laughing021:

;)

It's discovering unpopularity.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
As expected a second season will be on the way.

Keep the complaints coming.
I posted that a few posts back but it has already been said that it was an agreement like what we saw with Defiance and SGpoo. I see that there are paid shills in the comments section and SR seems to delete comments that doesn't go their way.Here is another example of a paid shill
http://www.indiewire.com/2017/10/st...ke-the-sanest-man-go-mad-spoilers-1201891794/

She has not written one positive article about the orville but thinks that this series is the best ever. I love it what money does to people. It brings forward a more dishonest world. Sad, sad sad...

heisenberg

Earl Grey
534.gif

This is how I feel about episode 7. The acting so cringeworthy. The storyline was derivative of ground hog day/Stargate's Window of opportunity, but much, much, much, much worse...I have had it with this crap. With 2 episodes to go till the mid season break, not going to bother with this crap, ever. This show makes me angry and not happy. It's like the writers want us to get pissed off at these characters on purpose.

You can tell that they are trying VERY hard to sounds like Trek but they fail miserably. Michael still is an annoying bitch and about the only good thing that could be said was Mudd who was the best actor and that's it. The rest of the crew are still as hollow and mute as they have always been, playing minimal part in the story arch and more focus on stupid Michael rather than the rest of the crew members. There is absolutely no other character development here whatsoever which makes it an annoying show to watch.

They have a party scene which they act like they are in a club dancing/drinking ugh... :rolleyes:

This is like Watching NUBSG again but more cringeworthy.

Last edited:
As expected a second season will be on the way.

Keep the complaints coming.
I posted that a few posts back but it has already been said that it was an agreement like what we saw with Defiance and SGpoo. I see that there are paid shills in the comments section and SR seems to delete comments that doesn't go their way.Here is another example of a paid shill
http://www.indiewire.com/2017/10/st...ke-the-sanest-man-go-mad-spoilers-1201891794/

She has not written one positive article about the orville but thinks that this series is the best ever. I love it what money does to people. It brings forward a more dishonest world. Sad, sad sad...

What I love about these faux positive reviews of Dysentery is the fact that the comment sections are always filled with people who call these pathetic shills out on their bullshit. :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
What I love about these faux positive reviews of Dysentery is the fact that the comment sections are always filled with people who call these pathetic shills out on their bullshit. :icon_lol:

I wonder if any of the studio marketing people go out there are read the stuff their paid commenters are writing? Some of it is so clearly over the top it is laughable, literally. It reminds me of the paid shilling that ALMOST landed Chris Carter a green light on Amazon Video for The After. When Amazon realized that they had been shilled, they axed the show after initially saying they would produce it.

For Debauchery, they likely already were guaranteed two seasons (the actors contracts), and CBS will have to bankroll the second season. I still don't see it changing anything, because the foundation of the show is already fatally flawed.

I wonder if any of the studio marketing people go out there are read the stuff their paid commenters are writing? Some of it is so clearly over the top it is laughable, literally. It reminds me of the paid shilling that ALMOST landed Chris Carter a green light on Amazon Video for The After. When Amazon realized that they had been shilled, they axed the show after initially saying they would produce it.

For Debauchery, they likely already were guaranteed two seasons (the actors contracts), and CBS will have to bankroll the second season. I still don't see it changing anything, because the foundation of the show is already fatally flawed.

It's laughably cynical on their part. The funny thing is that it amounts to them pissing into the cyber wind for all the good that shilling does. Viewers aren't stupid. We trust the evidence of our senses and our senses tell us this is a lousy show. For them to try and convince us otherwise is a direct insult to our intelligence. All they're succeeding in doing is digging a deeper hole for themselves.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Some are sophisticated and professional trolls that can write bullshit up to make it appear that they are being serious but they are just there to antagonise you.

heisenberg

Earl Grey

Most actors have very few lines in the show lol. The paid shills are now pushing the audience score on rotten tomatoes and on IMDB. How do people buy into this shit?
Seriously, don't bother with this show, especially this season. It is rubbish but there are few Trek fans that seem to settle for this garbage it seems because they are okay to tolerate crap like this or have nothing better to watch.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/star_trek_discovery

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

This one made me just shake my head. So, evidently this Rapp guy was FOURTEEN YEARS OLD at some party where Spacey (29 at the time) was getting drunk and high, and this kid was somehow in one of the private rooms watching TV when he was "whisked off his feet like a bride". Why is anyone looking at Spacey? What about this dude's PARENTS? Why was this kid at the party and who brought him there or invited him? Yes, they were both performing on Broadway, but the kid should not even have been there. Just another reason to not watch Dumbfuckery.

This one made me just shake my head. So, evidently this Rapp guy was FOURTEEN YEARS OLD at some party where Spacey (29 at the time) was getting drunk and high, and this kid was somehow in one of the private rooms watching TV when he was "whisked off his feet like a bride". Why is anyone looking at Spacey? What about this dude's PARENTS? Why was this kid at the party and who brought him there or invited him? Yes, they were both performing on Broadway, but the kid should not even have been there. Just another reason to not watch Dumbfuckery.

Yeah the whole thing is just so bizarre. I'm not doubting there's truth to the tale, but it's laden with so much stupidity that one can only shake their head. Where were the parents? 14 years old and allowed to bop around NYC by himself? Where were his friends? Where were his Broadway friends??? Why didn't any of those assholes have his back? There's wayyyyyy more to this story than is being told.

The whole controversy is stupid and everyone involved in it is a weird, creepy dick. Who would want to spend time with these degenerate people in real life? Not me. And it's no wonder this guy got picked to be an actor on STD. It's a show about assholes, which is something he's familiar with because he sees one in the mirror everyday.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
*sigh* So, I was watching something on Kodi, and what do I see? Star Trek Discovery episodes are on there for free. All of them. :rolleye0014: So, I am TRYING to watch Episode 7 "Magic To Make The Sanest Man Go Mad".

heisenberg

Earl Grey
*sigh* So, I was watching something on Kodi, and what do I see? Star Trek Discovery episodes are on there for free. All of them. :rolleye0014: So, I am TRYING to watch Episode 7 "Magic To Make The Sanest Man Go Mad".
Episode 7 was bad. Trust me. It is god awful. Don't listen to the people who praised it because it's not true, but hey, don't take my word for it. You be your own judge. I couldn't stand watching it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Episode 7 was bad. Trust me. It is god awful. Don't listen to the people who praised it because it's not true, but hey, don't take my word for it. You be your own judge. I couldn't stand watching it.

Oh dear Gorn Gods, please send fleets of ships to destroy every planet and ship in this Foolish Federation of Fantasy. :facepalm:

I watched the episode all the way through. Oh. My. God. So, there is a disco on Discovery complete with flashing disco lights and the Bee Gees music playing (hip hop version). I am not kidding here folks. I am being literal. We get to hear the Bee Gees at least 6 times in that disco. The crew and the ship are caught in a time loop created by no less than Harry Mudd. But this Harry Mudd is able to take over the Discovery, it's main computer and even the spiffy new spore drive. He does this by hiding inside of a space whale that the ship cannot seem to detect him inside of it. Wait, there was a whole ship hidden inside the space whale...and they could not detect it. But they COULD detect that the whale had "abnormal readings". It was ridiculous how they introduced Mudd. Utterly ridiculous. The Borg could not have assimilated the ship any better than he did by himself.

Then there was the other stuff that happened during the episode. Random dancing in the ship's corridor, a side story of Burnam shipping with some Lieutenant on the crew, little gumdrops of dark matter that disintegrate people, technology using a "time crystal", 4-dimensional beings. Just LOL. And the entire story was chopped up and disconnected and went in 10 different directions. And the ending was probably the most ridiculous part of the episode. Mudd gets off without as much as a hand slap because of his wife Stella and her rich daddy? So, this Star Trek still has ""rich" people? It's awful. Truly awful. Who would want to live in that universe? Blow it all up.

DiscoveryDisco.jpg

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Woohoo !!! Finally disco in Star Trek ,,, oh wait . I had a nightmare about that. Let's put it in the script because it makes no sense . The fans are gonna love it !!!