Star Trek Discovery SUCKS.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I loved the latest Discovery episode. They discovered how the Krill have a superiority complex and some rather barbaric religious rituals. Nice and edgy, like you would expect from a modern show. I also liked how they still managed to put some humor in the otherwise obviously serious story, like with the car rental jokes and the leg.

Priceless....long live Star Trek: The Orville!

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
I think the phrase "It gave me a headache" really sums up what happens when you try to watch STD now. The scenes filled with Klingon babble with subtitles grows each show. I don't understand how they don't grasp how frakin annoying it is. I barely pay attention to those scenes and don't really need to. The story line is ridiculous and gettig close to un-redeemable sooo....

The albino Klingon should be shot out of an airlock. Micheal should go too, and her annoying roommate, and the naggy Death Senser, and jealous science commander too. Then the giant Dr. Suess character with the nipple clamps can be the center of the show. They fly all over the universe with Captain Amoeba in their spinning saucer machine and force people to read when they are trying to just relax. Their mission?.... They are in search of the only thing that can save the ST universe as we know it, you guessed it...The Orville.

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
So took my son to one of his programs and one of the dads there loves std ,,,WTF,,, he said I have to be patient and watch the storys arc , !!! What effen arc would that be ? What ever dude . I think he loved sgpoo . We talk puters most of the time so that's what I will talk about with him from now on .
smrt guy too but I sure am questioning his choice of shows . That friggin show friggen sucks %1000 worse than sgpoo ... Looks like I picked the wrong week to-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
What the fuck? Preview of episode 3. This is EVEN WORSE...They've fucked this up. So now Vulcans are seen as violent people.... :rolleyes:

meanwhile on reddit. :facepalm: :rolleyes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/startrek/comments/729s3e/i_actually_really_liked_the_pilot_and_im_excited/

i wouldn't say that ALL nubsg fans would like this

just these little tidbits and everyone's comments tell me so

this e3 clip reminds me of bsg blood and chrome more then anything from nubsg, imo

just like with sgu-if that show DID NOT have 'stargate' in its title, it may have been more enjoyable

if this show had nothing star trek in its name or any of the classic 'things and stuff' that make trek, trek, it would probably be an ok sci fi action show

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i wouldn't say that ALL nubsg fans would like this

just these little tidbits and everyone's comments tell me so

this e3 clip reminds me of bsg blood and chrome more then anything from nubsg, imo

just like with sgu-if that show DID NOT have 'stargate' in its title, it may have been more enjoyable

if this show had nothing star trek in its name or any of the classic 'things and stuff' that make trek, trek, it would probably be an ok sci fi action show

True, the bolded...but it would be one of those shows which I only occasionally tuned into. But, it's supposed to be Star Trek, and that is why I find it unwatchable.

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
Had to buffer out all the stupidy, even with my solid state brain drive.

So the spore drive. Quote time.

"Their research was based on the insight that at a quantum level, there was no difference between biology or physics, and specifically that spores were not only the progenitors of panspermia, but also the building blocks of energy across the universe."

Here are some facts. Matter only makes up currently 4% of the universe we know. That is all matter, stars, planets, humans to yes even spores. So they are telling us that these spores are somehow generating the dark energy and dark matter that is propelling galaxies away from each other? Wow doesn't even begin to cover this.

Considering that previously it was just matter-anti matter reaction, but also they had a bassard ramscoop for collecting hydrogen (which is roughly 75% of the gas in the galaxy) for fuel. I mean what is there a hydrogen shortage in this Star Trek? Are they worried that they will run out of hydrogen?

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
My guess is that Michael will be stuck into an alternate timeline and that's the only way I think it can be linked to the canon timeline. Maybe I am wrong but I haven't watched it after episode 2.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
My acquaintance who loves the show says we are supposed to not like Michael ... And what else am I not supposed like . Watching an animal be tortured( which was probably the most disgusting non canon I have ever seen on screen by the way ffs) ? S&M latex Klingon's ? An asshole captain who has a dead trible on his desk and skeletons hanging in his office ? The ship itself ? The writing ? The actors? The sets ? There is a plethora of things not to like in the show . Oh my god , so if we are not supposed to like anything in the show , what is the purpose in watching it ? There is enough shit going on in the real world . Why do some viewers want such depressing hateful crap thrown in there face 24/7?
:facepalm:

Last edited:

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
It was another brilliant episode. I saw the ship spinning in three ways again. It's so practical.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
You got that far ?

:nightmare:

Did I mention that those 2 episodes includes the original pilot. As soon as I saw the BSG dark type look and the bad acting lack of character development I am like nope this is not for me. I have watched 15 mins of episode 5 and I am like nope this is not for me. I skipped the previous episode because it was too gory for me to watch and I wanted to see if they would change but it's still the same.

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
Captain Amoeba has been shot into space. Good thing they can shoot themselves up with the hypo-spray and put on their own mini nipple clamps and jump through space..... oooooo, but it might make them evil and it definitely makes them more moody. :sour:It also seems the Klingon's now turn into a green poof of smoke when you shoot them. Not dark either, it looked more neon. Which is extra dumb because the side of the face of the Klingon that got shot that did not explode is all red.

:bashtechie:
This show's writing is so bad.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Captain Amoeba has been shot into space. Good thing they can shoot themselves up with the hypo-spray and put on their own mini nipple clamps and jump through space..... oooooo, but it might make them evil and it definitely makes them more moody. :sour:It also seems the Klingon's now turn into a green poof of smoke when you shoot them. Not dark either, it looked more neon. Which is extra dumb because the side of the face of the Klingon that got shot that did not explode is all red.

:bashtechie:
This show's writing is so bad.

Green? Don't they know Klingons have purple blood? Of course they don't. Who is Captain Amoeba?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It was another brilliant episode. I saw the ship spinning in three ways again. It's so practical.

You can slice three pizzas at once now! That's technology for ya. :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
https://trekmovie.com/2017/10/11/mo...on-star-trek-discovery-future-seasons-likely/

All Access has announced a number of new original shows including a new comedy (No Activity), launching the same day as Discovery wraps up its 2017 run of nine episodes on November 12th. Discovery returns in January 2018 with six more episodes, and All Access has announced a number of new shows for 2018, but executive producer Alex Kurtzman has warned that a second season of Discovery may not be available until early 2019.

Let's see if that happens. :)

I love how he "warns" us that we will have to wait for more of this dreck. :icon_lol: Oh heaven forfend! What are we to do without our beloved Discovery??? How can they treat us so cruelly? The bastards! I can't wait, I must use this time to obsess about Discovery and write lots and lots of fan fiction:

Michael wakes up on the cold, unforgiving deck of the engine room mezzanine. The dismembered bodies of three crew members lie scattered around her. 'This is getting to be tediously predictable' she thinks as she clears the fog from her mind. Is that the head of her captain lying in the corner? Oh, how they had been such friends! He was such a great mentor! If only he had listened to his First officer and avoided going to Rigel VII the way she had instructed then all this carnage could have been avoided! She would never have revolted against his leadership! It's all his fault, the stupid human! Had he been raised on Vulcan he would have known the answer to every encounter is violence. Violence first! That is the Vulcan way!

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Act I

Micheal lifts her body from the floor remembering her vulcan training and how well it worked for her in this situation with small body parts of her fellow crew members sliding off her blood drenched clothes . She remembers the time when the other vulcan students made fun of her human face and how she stayed home one day from training . Unkown to her classmates was the pressurized bottle of poison she had placed the night before in the classroom ventilation shaft just waiting for its explosive timer to release the gas . They won't die, sadly ,she thought to herself , but they sure will puke a lot of yellow vulcan blood . Glancing for a second time at her captain and her disrespectful fellow crewmates , she smiles at her reflection from a power console fixing her hair and slowly heads to the bridge to set the self distruct and make her way to the escape pod ...
To be continued ,,, next !
:)

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Act II:

Michael, in the stolen USS Discovery has sealed the bridge and locked out the command functions to everyone but herself. The rest of the crew are being punished for their resistance to her very logical Vulcan decision to take the ship to Quo'nos and empty every torpedo tube and drain all phaser banks on the civilian population. They forced her to cut all life support to the ship except the bridge. She really had no choice. She calls upon Sarek through a magic mind meld chat who verifies her logic...validates her and tells her how he is so proud. She does not see the monitor behind her with Sarek trying to get her attention. He has added text to the screen "Don't do it!". That has to be false. But she does not see it. She only sees logic. Kill the Klingons. The REAL Sarek is the one in her mind, not the imposter transmitting from Vulcan with a verified security code. Michael is proud of her attention to detail. The tic in her eyelid and her twitching facial muscles are really nothing after all.

MICHAEL DIE.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Micheal lifts her body from the floor remembering her vulcan training and how well it worked for her in this situation with small body parts of her fellow crew members sliding off her blood drenched clothes . She remembers the time when the other vulcan students made fun of her human face and how she stayed home one day from training . Unkown to her classmates was the pressurized bottle of poison she had placed the night before in the classroom ventilation shaft just waiting for its explosive timer to release the gas . They won't die, sadly ,she thought to herself , but they sure will puke a lot of yellow vulcan blood . Glancing for a second time at her captain and her disrespectful fellow crewmates , she smiles at her reflection from a power console fixing her hair and slowly heads to the bridge to set the self distruct and make her way to the escape pod ...
To be continued ,,, next !
:)

Oh, and I heard that the Discovery has a new weapon in their arsenal: The F Bomb! Evidently, it was dropped in the last episode. Oh how the Trek has Wrecked.