Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe?

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yeah but they totally botched things with a rushed ending because they were in such a hurry to focus all their attention on their latest shit pile, SGU. Sadly, they pretty much ruined any chance of carrying the SGA story further. Not that it matters as TPTB still have a hard-on for SGU despite the fact that no one wants to see more of that shit. No doubt any "continuation" of a SG1 or SGA story line would be tainted with SGU crap, ugh!
:smiley-015:

wonder if anyone is 'shopping' a sgu 'finish the story' series to netflix, amazon or hulu?

there are some great shows that have been 'saved' by these deals (LONGMIRE is one) but there are also some real crap ones too that should have never been resuscitated but the viewers seem to love it.

wonder if anyone is 'shopping' a sgu 'finish the story' series to netflix, amazon or hulu?

there are some great shows that have been 'saved' by these deals (LONGMIRE is one) but there are also some real crap ones too that should have never been resuscitated but the viewers seem to love it.

If I recall correctly Longmire was still on the air and/or very recently dropped when it got its resuscitation. SGU has been gone for years now (thank God!) and I think it's a good bet that there isn't enough interest to warrant resuming it. Keep in mind the budget needed for such a thing. Longmire was a live action modern day "western" of sorts which didn't require any special sets or expensive computer imaging. But SGU requires a fair amount of CGI and has a HUGE cast and would, hopefully, be too cost prohibitive to resume filming.*

Of course Netflix has been sinking a shitload of money into producing various series and you never know what stupid decision they might make. But I think their craziness with spending so much money (billions?) is going to bite them in the ass eventually. Probably sooner rather than later. So I'm leaning towards the belief that no one will be stupid enough to bankroll a continuation of SGU.

*Of course they wouldn't need to do any CGI with the stargate on SGU as they never really used it anyway. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
when are you going to rewatch SGU? :)

When? Probably after I get my transition surgery from human male to amphibious female. I actually tried a rewatch once, just to give it another chance. But after the first three episodes I could no longer take it.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
when are you going to rewatch SGU? :)
Never. Not going to rewatch that piece of crap that cancelled one of the best franchises to have ever existed. Star Trek could also follow in its footsteps and will. The producers are counting on this discovery to be successful, but I don't see it going past season 1 because they are spending an insane amount after it.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Never. Not going to rewatch that piece of crap that cancelled one of the best franchises to have ever existed. Star Trek could also follow in its footsteps and will. The producers are counting on this discovery to be successful, but I don't see it going past season 1 because they are spending an insane amount after it.

I see it failing because Kurtzman and his buddies have no idea what they are doing. They have hired what they consider to be big names for the actors, not realizing that the characters are not the center of Star Trek. They have spent lots of money on fancy sets, but the sets are all wrong for Star Trek. They have created some beautiful CGI landscapes and put money into costumes, but they are all wrong for Star Trek. And they have taken a simple Klingon look which required some makeup and a unique latex forehead piece with hair attached, and made a full head Klingon which is overdone and does not look like a Klingon.

It will fail, no doubt about it.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
If I recall correctly Longmire was still on the air and/or very recently dropped when it got its resuscitation. SGU has been gone for years now (thank God!) and I think it's a good bet that there isn't enough interest to warrant resuming it. Keep in mind the budget needed for such a thing. Longmire was a live action modern day "western" of sorts which didn't require any special sets or expensive computer imaging. But SGU requires a fair amount of CGI and has a HUGE cast and would, hopefully, be too cost prohibitive to resume filming.*

Of course Netflix has been sinking a shitload of money into producing various series and you never know what stupid decision they might make. But I think their craziness with spending so much money (billions?) is going to bite them in the ass eventually. Probably sooner rather than later. So I'm leaning towards the belief that no one will be stupid enough to bankroll a continuation of SGU.

*Of course they wouldn't need to do any CGI with the stargate on SGU as they never really used it anyway. ;)

there is one more season of longmire coming out on NF this fall-the final one. imo, it got better on NF. i never watched it until it was on NF. i think that AMC cancelled it to make room for more "exciting" shows like THE WALKING DEAD :crying-028:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well, get a load of this:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...w-captain-not-care-trekkies-article-1.3404011

Isaacs, 54, said the new show will throw away the legacy of William Shatner and Patrick Stewart – and expects it to upset die hard Trekkies.

“I don't mean to sound irreverent when I say I don't care about the die-hard Trek fans,” he told us at an event in Los Angeles. “I only ‘don't care’ about them in the sense that I know they’re all going to watch anyway. I look forward to having the fun of them being outraged, so they can sit up all night and talk about it with each other.”

He’s taking an enterprising approach to the sci-fi franchise.

“It's ‘Star Trek,’ but not as we know it,” he said. “There are places obviously where they’ve observed canon to do with things like uniforms and badges and stuff, but there are places where the rules of storytelling are reinvented.”

Oh really.

tumblr_miy4t8uVfI1qiyullo1_250.gif

If it isn't Star Trek "as we know it", then it isn't really Star Trek, is it? How can they throw away the legacy of Kirk and Picard and still end up with the Trek universe as we know it? They should have just made a new property to experiment with. The Orville is doing exactly that.

Sidenote...

I think Jason Isaacs would make a dashing new James Bond.

e4f30f768c0dab2b84bb29392b3c6677--jason-isaacs-british-actors.jpg

Last edited:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Well, get a load of this:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...w-captain-not-care-trekkies-article-1.3404011

Isaacs, 54, said the new show will throw away the legacy of William Shatner and Patrick Stewart – and expects it to upset die hard Trekkies.

“I don't mean to sound irreverent when I say I don't care about the die-hard Trek fans,” he told us at an event in Los Angeles. “I only ‘don't care’ about them in the sense that I know they’re all going to watch anyway. I look forward to having the fun of them being outraged, so they can sit up all night and talk about it with each other.”

He’s taking an enterprising approach to the sci-fi franchise.

“It's ‘Star Trek,’ but not as we know it,” he said. “There are places obviously where they’ve observed canon to do with things like uniforms and badges and stuff, but there are places where the rules of storytelling are reinvented.”

Oh really.

View attachment 33435

If it isn't Star Trek "as we know it", then it isn't really Star Trek, is it? How can they throw away the legacy of Kirk and Picard and still end up with the Trek universe as we know it? They should have just made a new property to experiment with. The Orville is doing exactly that.

Sidenote...

I think Jason Isaacs would make a dashing new James Bond.

View attachment 33436
You know that he's trolling right? This sort of trolling is exactly what he wants and it gives this show publicity. It's the same tactics used by the feminists/people with an agenda. I expect this to bomb hard and cbs are going to regret it.

“There are places obviously where they’ve observed canon to do with things like uniforms and badges and stuff, but there are places where the rules of storytelling are reinvented.”

Gosh, where have we seen this recipe for failure before? :confused0006:

*I love the way he mentions fidelity to canon only in relation to the most trivial of things. Things that canon doesn't vastly affect to begin with. He's either a complete moron or a genius troll of the highest order.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
“There are places obviously where they’ve observed canon to do with things like uniforms and badges and stuff, but there are places where the rules of storytelling are reinvented.”

Gosh, where have we seen this recipe for failure before? :confused0006:

*I love the way he mentions fidelity to canon only in relation to the most trivial of things. Things that canon doesn't vastly affect to begin with. He's either a complete moron or a genius troll of the highest order.

And they really did NOT observe canon with those new uniforms or "badges". Rank insignia goes on the uniform, not the communicator badge. Also, are the badges in Discovery communicator badges? Because in TOS the communicators were devices, and we have seen the communicator prop for Discovery. Is the metal badge on the uniform a device?

Trolling or not, I do not think Isaacs made a good move saying what he did.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
And they really did NOT observe canon with those new uniforms or "badges". Rank insignia goes on the uniform, not the communicator badge. Also, are the badges in Discovery communicator badges? Because in TOS the communicators were devices, and we have seen the communicator prop for Discovery. Is the metal badge on the uniform a device?

Trolling or not, I do not think Isaacs made a good move saying what he did.
It's heart breaking as a trekkie that we have no power/say in this series. Our values/opinions means nothing to them.The crowd wants more explosions and more chaos and more destruction. They hate the science aspects of star trek but want everything to explode. I just cringe whenever I watch the star trek trailer. It's that bad...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
A new video on this topic, which makes some interesting predictions on the Nicholas Meyer project. They really have their finger on the pulse of what is happening with this pre-release Discovery stuff happening with the fans and with the studios. Recommended viewing!

heisenberg

Earl Grey
A new video on this topic, which makes some interesting predictions on the Nicholas Meyer project. They really have their finger on the pulse of what is happening with this pre-release Discovery stuff happening with the fans and with the studios. Recommended viewing!

It's still a rumour. It maybe that it is a different star trek project on the CBS project. I think we might get one or more star trek projects.

heisenberg

Earl Grey

Also 10:26 onwards. You need to watch.
It also makes me cringe that they are treating klingons like a cult/ some extremist crap.

Last edited:

heisenberg

Earl Grey

One of the writers is working on another show that isn't star trek related. Looks VERY VERY CHEESY!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Star Trek Discovery star Doug Jones? The show isn't even released yet and he is the star? WTF! I'm not even watching that video.