Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe?

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I wouldn't mind becoming the first ever trillionaire. (if there isn't secretly someone already)
I would use that money for buying a big piece of land or an island (or chain of islands) and then try to build a perfect society on it. It's actually one of my most frequent daydreams.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I wouldn't mind becoming the first ever trillionaire. (if there isn't secretly someone already)
I would use that money for buying a big piece of land or an island (or chain of islands) and then try to build a perfect society on it. It's actually one of my most frequent daydreams.

No trillionaires yet, but Jeff Bezos will probably be the first.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Yes, it is an accurate prediction. Capitalism WILL fall eventually. All capitalist systems have fallen which are based upon fiat money. The gold standard cannot be re-implemented because there is no longer enough gold to cover the dollars out there. That, and too many greedy people have concentrated the wealth to individuals instead of spreading it out so that EVERYONE can enjoy some wealth. I despise the super rich with a passion because of their greed, not because of their wealth. We must stop allowing paths to super wealth.

The greedy know no limits because they are GREEDY. Make limits. When those limits are exceeded, take them at much higher rates. Tax people who own helicopters, planes, race horses, yachts, submarines, etc. Eliminate certain investment products. Who the hell needs a billion dollars?
I was talking about TV dying lol. 2040 seems right to me :p. I don't see money dying anytime soon.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I was talking about TV dying lol. 2040 seems right to me :p. I don't see money dying anytime soon.

Actually, it is TV which will not be dying anytime soon. :) Money will die. At least fiat money. It has died every time it was established. How long? Hard to say.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Actually, it is TV which will not be dying anytime soon. :) Money will die. At least fiat money. It has died every time it was established. How long? Hard to say.
Money has been here since the dawn of time. It has just taken a new shape from a barter system.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Money has been here since the dawn of time. It has just taken a new shape from a barter system.

Barter using tokens to represent real property is not the same as "money" in the fiat sense. The money used today in every nation is fiat money, based in nothing but agreement.

I wouldn't mind becoming the first ever trillionaire. (if there isn't secretly someone already) I would use that money for buying a big piece of land or an island (or chain of islands) and then try to build a perfect society on it. It's actually one of my most frequent daydreams.

You know who else aspired to "build the perfect society"?

hqdefault.jpg

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Lol, yeah, but that's completely uncomparable to what I think about. Not gonna tell what I do think about though. But you need not worry for me becoming a mass murderer.

Lol, yeah, but that's completely uncomparable to what I think about. Not gonna tell what I do think about though. But you need not worry for me becoming a mass murderer.

You seem to forget that while Walt Disney had only good intentions when it came to implementing his plan it still turned into a genocidal holocaust of epic proportions. The road to Hell, blah blah blah.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Barter using tokens to represent real property is not the same as "money" in the fiat sense. The money used today in every nation is fiat money, based in nothing but agreement.
Yes but money is used to exchange goods for money in return. You are still exchanging items that has value though and money can go up and down in value over time just like any item.

Anyway, we finally learn why Fuller left. It was apparently some dispute about who would direct the first episode.

here did the partnership go south? According to the EW article, it started with a disagreement surrounding the director of the Discovery pilot. CBS wanted David Semel, a director known for his procedural work, while Fuller was leaning towards a more aueteur quality, like Baby Driver director Edgar Wright. (Have I mentioned that Bryan Fuller is an ambitious visionary?)

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/star...trek-discovery-what-led-to-bryan-fullers-exit

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
at war with the klingons. so i guess we know more about the time frame since the romulan war happened basically in Archer's time, yes?

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/why-star-trek-discovery-franchise-most-serialized-version-010959755.html

I will watch the first episode. But I am going to have a very difficult time connecting these "Klingons" with any of those in TOS. They will be at war, but since they look the way they do, it won't feel like they are Klingons. They better be speaking Klingon. Also, how is this show going to deal with the Universal Translator? Perhaps every Federation planet will require English classes to join. This thing can just do whatever it wants. It already is not Star Trek.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Those Klingons. Just, no. They are so different from any Klingons ever in the show that they look like a completely different species. I cannot mentally connect them with Gowron or Worf or even Kang from TOS. They alone are enough to make me hate this show. The ships and interiors and that Transporter room...really?

star-trek-discovery-klingons.jpg

ds9-worf-no.gif

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The Klingons look ridiculous, like something out of Hellraiser or some other such pseudo Gothic horror.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wow! The producers of this shit seem like a bunch of racist assholes. How the f*ck can they get away with this shit in 2017? It's unbelievable.

axuprlrk8rqphougwgwp.png

Watch...they will find some pejorative term which sounds similar to the N-word to describe them....Kligger? Knigon? The nose is wider than the mouth! Its abhorrent. But then again, so is Alex Kurtzman. This thing is going to bomb soooo bad. Trekkies will rip it to shreds and pee on it for the entire run of the show.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
at war with the klingons. so i guess we know more about the time frame since the romulan war happened basically in Archer's time, yes?

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/why-star-trek-discovery-franchise-most-serialized-version-010959755.html
What are they doing...
Those Klingons. Just, no. They are so different from any Klingons ever in the show that they look like a completely different species. I cannot mentally connect them with Gowron or Worf or even Kang from TOS. They alone are enough to make me hate this show. The ships and interiors and that Transporter room...really?

View attachment 33416

View attachment 33417
They look like something I pulled out of my nose.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I was going to give it a try, I love Jason Issacs! BUUUUT...with those klingons... OH HELL: NO! Back to rewatching Voyager...we are up to season 3. :P