Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe?

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I was going to give it a try, I love Jason Issacs! BUUUUT...with those klingons... OH HELL: NO! Back to rewatching Voyager...we are up to season 3. :P

Season 5 here.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
It's a good rewatch isn't it? so many little eps I had forgotten abt. :D

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
It's a good rewatch isn't it? so many little eps I had forgotten abt. :D

Yes. I've rewatched it many times. There's plenty of episodes. Most of them are not as bad as making me want to skip them.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I agree. In some ways Voyager was the best Trek show and to me had the best Captain.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I just finished my rewatch of Deep Space Nine. To me, Voyager is the best Trek show, but DS9 comes close and maybe should share my personal best title with Voyager. They had the best story arc with the Dominion War, given that they were able to show us all the events leading up to the war, the campaigns within the war, the alliances formed and broken, AWESOME space battles, new ships and new Federation and alien technology (the Breen and Dominion and Cardassians), and even the Prophets. Captain Sisko was both the captain of the station and of the awesome Defiant.

Something tells me that after fresh rewatches of Voyager and DS9 (I am currently rewatching TNG and I am at Season 3), that watching just one episode of Discovery with the things I have seen in it is going to be enough to turn me off the whole series.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Voyager, Deep Space 9 and The Next Generation are all pretty much at the same level for me. Better than the original series and Enterprise for sure. Sorry TOS-fans!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Voyager, Deep Space 9 and The Next Generation are all pretty much at the same level for me. Better than the original series and Enterprise for sure. Sorry TOS-fans!

For me, TOS is like the kid of the Trek series. Even though it is the original, it almost falls in with The Animated Series in terms of artistry. The writing, however, remained the core of TNG in terms of style. They would pick a cause or moral, then write a story around it to flesh it out in different ways. DS9 for me was Trek all grown up. I would have liked it better if the space station had been a full fledged, much larger Space Dock type station instead of Terok Nor. One of these:

13313351063_d3e5e41c01_b.jpg

With the addition of the Defiant and the promotion of Commander Sisko to Captain, it became a complete package. We had the same core characters in the station as well as when the Defiant was armed for battle and in dogfights. We saw the discovery of the wormhole, the core of the Bajoran belief system, the creation of foreign conflict and then the clouds of war. We saw the war itself, along with battles and alliances and betrayals, then we saw the war going back and forth and finally the end of the war.

Voyager is still my favorite because Captain Janeway is my favorite Captain and Voyager is my favorite ship because it is just the right size and it can land. :) Plus it has the Delta Flyer. I thought that the new locale of the Delta Quadrant brought back the "To seek out new worlds and new civilizations" part of the Star Trek prologue back. I liked meeting new species and seeing new territory. I liked it best starting with Season 4 when they brought Seven of Nine into play. Kes was always too creepy for me, and Neelix being romantically involved with her was almost like watching pedophilia.

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I have to admit the dark, moody and soapy nature of DS9 turned me off. Plus Avery Brooks constant histrionic overacting as Sisko gave me a headache.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Gotta love how how ergonomically poor, gigantic heels and tit-enhancing tops are a priority in the 25th century. ;)

a08832d10757b7b2f0f585bc748a9b6d.jpg
4d07031a8a7e1eb919172be157c3cb49--jeri-ryan-ryan-oneal.jpg

The funny thing is that for all the cheesecake they never put Seven of Nine in any "cheese" stories. They didn't ship her in any way until the series finale and her character was played very much as the outsider - and was well written.

By the way, that silver catsuit lasted a single episode before they had to ditch it because the tight fit in the upper body made Jeri Ryan pass out.

Voyager is still my favorite because Captain Janeway is my favorite Captain and Voyager is my favorite ship because it is just the right size and it can land. :) Plus it has the Delta Flyer. I thought that the new locale of the Delta Quadrant brought back the "To seek out new worlds and new civilizations" part of the Star Trek prologue back. I liked meeting new species and seeing new territory. I liked it best starting with Season 4 when they brought Seven of Nine into play. Kes was always too creepy for me, and Neelix being romantically involved with her was almost like watching pedophilia.
roflbot.jpg

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Those Klingons. Just, no. They are so different from any Klingons ever in the show that they look like a completely different species. I cannot mentally connect them with Gowron or Worf or even Kang from TOS. They alone are enough to make me hate this show. The ships and interiors and that Transporter room...really?

View attachment 33416

View attachment 33417

THE DUDE LOOKS METALLIC-LIKE A KLINGON DROID

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yes. I've rewatched it many times. There's plenty of episodes. Most of them are not as bad as making me want to skip them.

I think I was on a Voyager rewatch when you guys visited the US. :) Time for another one. Since this will be my 3rd or 4th complete rewatch, I think I will just start at episode 3.26 at Scorpion Part One and go from there.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I think I was on a Voyager rewatch when you guys visited the US. :) Time for another one. Since this will be my 3rd or 4th complete rewatch, I think I will just start at episode 3.26 at Scorpion Part One and go from there.

Dude. You watch too much tv. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Dude. You watch too much tv. ;)

Probably. :) But it's good TV! I recently did a Stargate Atlantis rewatch, and that was great. That show had legs. They could have carried it much further.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I just finished my rewatch of Deep Space Nine. To me, Voyager is the best Trek show, but DS9 comes close and maybe should share my personal best title with Voyager. They had the best story arc with the Dominion War, given that they were able to show us all the events leading up to the war, the campaigns within the war, the alliances formed and broken, AWESOME space battles, new ships and new Federation and alien technology (the Breen and Dominion and Cardassians), and even the Prophets. Captain Sisko was both the captain of the station and of the awesome Defiant.

Something tells me that after fresh rewatches of Voyager and DS9 (I am currently rewatching TNG and I am at Season 3), that watching just one episode of Discovery with the things I have seen in it is going to be enough to turn me off the whole series.

Probably. :) But it's good TV! I recently did a Stargate Atlantis rewatch, and that was great. That show had legs. They could have carried it much further.

Yeah but they totally botched things with a rushed ending because they were in such a hurry to focus all their attention on their latest shit pile, SGU. Sadly, they pretty much ruined any chance of carrying the SGA story further. Not that it matters as TPTB still have a hard-on for SGU despite the fact that no one wants to see more of that shit. No doubt any "continuation" of a SG1 or SGA story line would be tainted with SGU crap, ugh!
:smiley-015: