Spaghetti and meatballs... which are the best recipes?

• Thread starter Stonelesscutter
  • Start date

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
G

Graybrew1

Yes, here's my "Lickity Split Turkey in a Hurry" recipe:

-- 1 quart bourbon
-- 1 frozen turkey 7 to 125 Lbs
-----------------------------------

Measure out 2 cups of bourbon, set aside while you prepare turkey.

Unwrap frozen turkey, place in roasting pan large enough to hold it. Place in oven and roast at 3000 degrees for 15 minutes. Hurriedly quaff the 2 cups of bourbon while the turkey is roasting. Repeat as necessary until guests arrive and/or guests become annoying.

Enjoy! :)

Not Spaghetti and Meatballs related, but it is a recipe and quite funny, so here is some GREEN for you.

G

Graybrew1

BTW, you can put tuna in red spaghetti sauce, it is one of the courses I have eaten for years at the Feast of the Fishes.

My splurge around the Holidays. :icon_e_wink:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
BTW, you can put tuna in red spaghetti sauce, it is one of the courses I have eaten for years at the Feast of the Fishes.

My splurge around the Holidays. :icon_e_wink:

Linguine and clams in red sauce is usually quite good. Plus my mom makes a good shrimp creole in a tomato sauce. You wouldn't think that seafood would go well with tomato sauce but it does.

S

Stonelesscutter

Oh, yeah. Ok.

- two cans tomato puree
- one small can tomato paste
- fresh garlic
- olive oil
- fresh thyme
- basil
- marjoram
- salt
- pepper
- sugar

Chop up 4 cloves of garlic into very small, fine pieces then saute them on high for a minute or two in the pot with olive oil. Then, pour in the two cans of tomato puree and put in the small can of tomato paste. Add a tbsp of thyme, basil, and marjoram. Add a few pinches of salt, few dashes of pepper, one tbsp of sugar to cut the acidity.

Keep stirring the sauce with a wooden spoon on high and add more olive oil for flavor (an ounce or two). Keep stirring for about 5-7 minutes then reduce the stove to a simmer and cover. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes, occasionally stirring.

I'm not so good at actual quantities when it comes to ingredients as I do them purely by hand but they should be close. :)

I kinda have my doubts about the "adding two ounces of olive oil" part. Isn't that a bit much?

S

Stonelesscutter

Yes, here's my "Lickity Split Turkey in a Hurry" recipe:

-- 1 quart bourbon
-- 1 frozen turkey 7 to 125 Lbs
-----------------------------------

Measure out 2 cups of bourbon, set aside while you prepare turkey.

Unwrap frozen turkey, place in roasting pan large enough to hold it. Place in oven and roast at 3000 degrees for 15 minutes. Hurriedly quaff the 2 cups of bourbon while the turkey is roasting. Repeat as necessary until guests arrive and/or guests become annoying.

Enjoy! :)

Would that be Fahrenheit or Celcius?

Bluce Ree

I kinda have my doubts about the "adding two ounces of olive oil" part. Isn't that a bit much?

It's not a lot with two large cans of tomatoes and the oil cooks into the sauce and adds flavor. 2 ounces is 4 tablespoons, which is about what I use.

S

Stonelesscutter

It's not a lot with two large cans of tomatoes and the oil cooks into the sauce and adds flavor. 2 ounces is 4 tablespoons, which is about what I use.

4 Tablespoons?? I think I'm getting some stuff mixed up. Isn't two ounces about the same as one pound?

Bluce Ree

4 Tablespoons?? I think I'm getting some stuff mixed up. Isn't two ounces about the same as one pound?

16 ounces is a pound, dude, which is also two cups (8 oz / cup). :icon_lol:

I dunno about dumping two cups of oil into tomato sauce. That would probably make a very tasty laxative.

I'm a metric guy myself. I still get confused sometimes with this ass-backwards American Imperial system.

S

Stonelesscutter

16 ounces is a pound, dude, which is also two cups (8 oz / cup). :icon_lol:

I dunno about dumping two cups of oil into tomato sauce. That would probably make a very tasty laxative.

I'm a metric guy myself. I still get confused sometimes with this ass-backwards American Imperial system.

I see.
In holland we also have ounces but one ounce is a tenth of a kilogram, so 100 gram.
We also have pounds which are half a kilogram so 500 gram.
Hence the confusion.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I see.
In holland we also have ounces but one ounce is a tenth of a kilogram, so 100 gram.
We also have pounds which are half a kilogram so 500 gram.
Hence the confusion.

If you're not sure about weights just borrow your neighbors pot scale while making dinner (or use your own). :D

S

Stonelesscutter

If you're not sure about weights just borrow your neighbors pot scale while making dinner (or use your own). :D

I don't have mine anymore. The junkie across the street borrowed it once and now it's f'd up.

S

Stonelesscutter

I am soooo having some spaghetti and meatballs right now.
yaey!
:)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Give em a shake stone, video tape it, then post the video on youtube for the rest of the world to see.

S

Stonelesscutter

Give em a shake stone, video tape it, then post the video on youtube for the rest of the world to see.

Hmm... I could do that... and then post it on my channel...

But I would probably lose all my subscribers. :D